2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Hey, been reading the site for a while but just got an account! :) heard some really solid info from you guys so thanks a lot! Would the Strokes be big enough to headline, even as a replacement? It just feels like Stormzy, Cure, Strokes would be a bit underwhelming? 

I think so but I am a massive Strokes fan. I would be satisfied with seeing the Cure and Strokes and go to the other stages for Stormzy. They are definitely big enough for me to headline and for what they cost they have to headline.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

It could be conceivable that Macca isn’t feeling great, or his voice isn’t doing great atm and neither party want to take a chance.

He's doing gigs a few days before though? In Phoenix as discussed here at length...

Gaga, Stormzy and The Cure feels a much more interesting trio so kind of hope that is the case. Would have seen McCartney but more out of a feeling of should rather than anything.

It'll be fucking Arctic Monkeys though won't it?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

He's doing gigs a few days before though? In Phoenix as discussed here at length...

Gaga, Stormzy and The Cure feels a much more interesting trio so kind of hope that is the case. Would have seen McCartney but more out of a feeling of should rather than anything.

It'll be fucking Arctic Monkeys though won't it?

That would be the answer more than likely for an easy and successful booking.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think so but I am a massive Strokes fan. I would be satisfied with seeing the Cure and Strokes and go to the other stages for Stormzy. They are definitely big enough for me to headline and for what they cost they have to headline.

Yeah they would be great to see anyway! 

4 minutes ago, ParkRanger14 said:

Hey, been reading the site for a while but just got an account! :) heard some really solid info from you guys so thanks a lot! Would the Strokes be big enough to headline, even as a replacement? It just feels like Stormzy, Cure, Strokes would be a bit underwhelming? 

No I don’t think there is much chance of The Strokes. They’re expensive and Glastonbury could find more fashionable headliners for the same moneys.

And honestly, I love The Strokes and I’d love to see them headline Glastonbury but they’re not a suitable replacement for Paul McCartney and nobody should hope as much. :P

Just now, dentalplan said:

No I don’t think there is much chance of The Strokes. They’re expensive and Glastonbury could find more fashionable headliners for the same moneys.

And honestly, I love The Strokes and I’d love to see them headline Glastonbury but they’re not a suitable replacement for Paul McCartney and nobody should hope as much. :P

Who is a suitable replacement?

We seem to be taking the word of someone with 410 followers who has no clear links to the music industry a bit too easily here. 

Also, didn’t Emily Eavis say it was ‘two blokes’ the other day when she basically told us it was stormzy a few days before the announcement? Unless it’s Elton or Bruce

Edited by strummer77

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I thought that and my mate said it wasn't. That would be class.

Your mate is probably right, sadly. I guess The Killers are only a phone call away or something. Gaga would be appropriate too. Rock Werchter actually removes two candidates - Mumford & Sons and Florence and the Machine - playing there that night.

but yeah I don’t think this will turn out right and I’m hoping it’s rubbish as well because Macca headlining will be big and better than any alternative.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Bruce, Strokes, Monkeys, The Who are probably the more likely Sunday if Macca doesn't play and this all male thing is true.

Thing with AM is I’m sure they’re 1 of the ones signed up for next year.  Doubt they’d withdraw from playing that to filling in this year.

Pretty sure it’s not true anyway, but if it was.  Bruce, Dylan/Young (doing a joint BST thing apparently) and The Killers are fairly decent shouts