2020 - The Biggie (Thread) and Festival

willutalk

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well as there are three main stage headliners at least two of them won't be led Zeppelin!

I want Robert Plant solo Friday, Page-Plant Saturday, full Zep reunion Sunday, or I'm not getting out of my sleeping bag

(but yes it's going to be all that but replaced with members of Coldplay)

Edited by billum

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

That would be really pushing it. 3 headline slots in 9 years. It's not the fucking Coldplay show (though you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise)

As Emily Eavis said Pink Floyd won't headline, wouldn't you find it awkward if at least one headliner isn't the same weight ?? So can we expect a giant reunion like Led Zeppelin or Dire Straits ? Or a legendary band or artist like Paul McCartney or Fleetwood Mac ? OR BOTH ??!! Dreamy thread

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

As Emily Eavis said Pink Floyd won't headline, wouldn't you find it awkward if at least one headliner isn't the same weight ?? So can we expect a giant reunion like Led Zeppelin or Dire Straits ? Or a legendary band or artist like Paul McCartney or Fleetwood Mac ? OR BOTH ??!! Dreamy thread

my own guess is that for a festival so many years away, they're not going to be bookings with bands who might not make it that long.

So i'm thinking it's going to be comparatively new acts, with U2 being about the oldest within a safe 'they shouldn't die in the next 3 years' range.

5 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

U2's set was a pretty big fail so don't see them coming back.

Stone Roses still going in 2020? Almost a decade after their first reunion shows? Wouldn't be much of a get for Glastonbury's big 50th celebration

U2 being a fail is why I think they probably would. Do it right and all that.

I'm not sure I can see there being a point where the Roses would no longer be a candidate to headline Glastonbury. Their crowds at their annual shows will rightly dwindle as time goes on but until they headline the Pyramid it seems like a big unchecked box. I like 'em but I just want it out of the way at this point.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Coldplay

U2

Blur

So 2/3 same headliners as 2011? nah 

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think I do, to have another go and try and get it right.

To be fair to them they didn't have the weather for it. Tat was a horrid night (even before I got wrecked and spent the night in the mud :P)

Yeah, the weather wasn't in their favour. But legendary headline sets have transpired in the worst conditions! 

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, but they're not really a festivals band are they? Got the impression it was kinda a one off

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not sure I can see there being a point where the Roses would no longer be a candidate to headline Glastonbury. Their crowds at their annual shows will rightly dwindle as time goes on but until they headline the Pyramid it seems like a big unchecked box. I like 'em but I just want it out of the way at this point.

I sort of agree with all you say about the roses, but I can't see them agreeing to gigs for 3 years down the line.