Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

For 2011 it seems to be the year they announced when it would be announced. Lots of tweets saying Glasto lineup as 16:30 today. I'd copy some of the tweets in here but it would give people heart failure.

Edited by Gnomicide

Right. I'm sticking with what @ghostdancer1 found and leaving 2011 as 16:30, lots of tweets saying it was coming at that time then ones going "yay!", "boo!" and the obligatory "Yay. Like, am I the only one who doesn't care about the Glastonbury line up?" aka didn't get a ticket.

I was hoping I could track it down from old threads on here but once they are archived, only the date shows, not the time.

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Def not a Somerset Live type!

Doesn't serve a purpose because don't have many followers on Twitter? Cheers. Focus more on FB. Considering just been interviewing festival directors of other events and giving some up and coming artists some air time. Don't support touts or payola. Sorry I'll try harder to serve a purpose. :) 

No offence meant. I've had a look at your website now and it's decent, just thought it was another one of those Twitter accounts re-hashing other publication's news. So do you have insider knowledge (that's how it comes across) or are you just guessing it's coming soon due to Emily Eavis' confirmation on Instagram?

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

They're still a million times better than Kaiser Chiefs, Bastille or The 1975. And that's saying something. 

They've certainly got far better individual tunes.

I want to argue but the thought of comparing any of the acts mentioned would be too much for me. 

Im taking your 'million times better' comment as the over exaggeration it surely is. If any of them are better, which is as tough a job as any to prove, then they are certainly not that much better. 

(Cue people saying a million times nothing is still nothing - fuck off)

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I want to argue but the thought of comparing any of the acts mentioned would be too much for me. 

Im taking your 'million times better' comment as the over exaggeration it surely is. If any of them are better, which is as tough a job as any to prove, then they are certainly not that much better. 

(Cue people saying a million times nothing is still nothing - fuck off)

Of course it was an exaggeration, however the principle still stands. They are better than the other shit mentioned. I've seen them a couple of times on the off-chance and they were a hell of a lot better live than I expected. Their 1st two albums are half decent. 

Yeh I'm too tired to make a well-written argument. I bid you a good evening.

Edited by Stokesy10

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Did She actually post something that it's coming before Saturday? Cant see anything, just info on  the deposits

She replied to a post on insta but to me it didn't specify whether it would be before the start of the balance window or the end of it.

IMG_3645.PNG

42 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

She replied to a post on insta but to me it didn't specify whether it would be before the start of the balance window or the end of it.

IMG_3645.PNG

If matty Moore means before the balance payments then I guess that's confirmation enough. Siiiigh... It's dragging. At least today I'm working a 12 hour shift so my ability to check up here is limited to only once every hour 

Just now, kalifire said:

If it's today, I can only imagine it being in the evening, as a pick me up to the awfulness of what's about to happen.

Political views of the EU aside, anything that makes the owners of the Sun, the M*il and the Express as happy as their headlines suggest should be ringing alarm bells!

So yes, today please Emily. Either that or announce the official formation of the People's Republic of Glastonbury.