Jamiroquai

Justiceforcedave

23 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

So I tweeted a member of the band and apparently they aren't playing anywhere on the Sunday, which I would say rules them out. Hopefully I'm just being fobbed off due to embargoed info or the fact they have tickets to sell! Clutching at straws though!

Hmm I just searched it out to see his response and it did kinda sound like you were asking if there was gonna be another Jamiroquai gig you could buy tickets for on the Sunday on account of not being able to make the O2 shows. Like, from his perspective there's probably a very slim chance the person tweeting him is going to Glastonbury, so to reply to someone upset about not being able to make their 2 shows telling them they're also playing Glastonbury is probably useless information.

You'd have probably gotten a more reliable answer if you'd asked if they're at Glasto on the Sunday :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I said the same a few pages back (or on another thread) but somebody pointed out they are doing a shit load of other festivals as well as their tour that aren't on their tour poster.

Only announced Boardmasters in England and that's not as an exclusive! Nothing between 16th June till beginning of July either (apart from the o2). 

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hmm I just searched it out to see his response and it did kinda sound like you were asking if there was gonna be another Jamiroquai gig you could buy tickets for on the Sunday on account of not being able to make the O2 shows. Like, from his perspective there's probably a very slim chance the person tweeting him is going to Glastonbury, so to reply to someone upset about not being able to make their 2 shows telling them they're also playing Glastonbury is probably useless information.

You'd have probably gotten a more reliable answer if you'd asked if they're at Glasto on the Sunday :P

I agree with what your saying and I definitely hope you're right! Thought asking straight out about Glasto would be a bit cheeky though, was trying to be subtle but probably failed. Would definitely get tickets to the November shows but will be back in New Zealand by then.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Only announced Boardmasters in England and that's not as an exclusive! Nothing between 16th June till beginning of July either (apart from the o2). 

The point is they actually have something on every month, it's not just dates close to Glastonbury in June then nothing until November, which would definitely look like they are doing Glastonbury. 

35 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

I agree with what your saying and I definitely hope you're right! Thought asking straight out about Glasto would be a bit cheeky though, was trying to be subtle but probably failed. Would definitely get tickets to the November shows but will be back in New Zealand by then.

Oh yeah for sure, you probably wouldn't have gotten an answer anyway if you'd have asked if they're playing Glasto haha.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Oh yeah for sure, you probably wouldn't have gotten an answer anyway if you'd have asked if they're playing Glasto haha.

It will all become clear in a couple of weeks, I'm just impatient! I know that's not commonplace here....... 

14 hours ago, TunaBaby said:

I agree with this.  New track is decent and with tunes like deeper underground and virtual insanity it would be a guaranteed party on a sunny Sunday evening!  And if they do end up headlining WH I know I would opt for the the arrogant JK over the down to earth bore fest that will be headlining the pyramid.

If there is a chance of them playing, I'm glad there's no possible way they can clash with Radiohead. Given they're such different styles, I feared the worst.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So I saw.

All guesswork, but selling out the 02 so quickly indicates that Jam-quizzle are still a chunk bigger / more popular than the average WH headliner.

Yeah I can see both Chic and Jamiroquai being on the Pyramid, Chic headlined West Holts last time out and by all accounts was a huge success so probably deserve the chance at a more high profile slot, and have the hits to do it too. Same goes for Jamiroquai, how many West Holts headliners previously would be able to do 2 nights at the O2, and sell one out so quickly? Can see them taking a similar spot to Madness, but then again they're only available on the Sunday. #RightBazza into Jamiroquai would keep the party going for sure. 

Just now, kingbadger said:

Yeah I can see both Chic and Jamiroquai being on the Pyramid, Chic headlined West Holts last time out and by all accounts was a huge success so probably deserve the chance at a more high profile slot, and have the hits to do it too. 

George Clinton has headlined WH twice in recent years, so there's definitely precedent for Chic to do it again.

I very much doubt Jamiraquai is on WHs if there, they aren't going to be able to have him and The Jacksons, both on arena runs and it would easily be the biggest they have had there. I'd expect Pyramid as not sure he would headline Other and I think Sunday sub on there is something different.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

George Clinton has headlined WH twice in recent years, so there's definitely precedent for Chic to do it again.

Was the addition of The Family Stone/The Mothership Returns billing not enough to make it technically a different act? (Wasn't at either so not sure how much was actually different).

Sticking with Chic being on the Pyramid myself.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They could still play.  They're maybe a Pyramid Stage sub to Edward, or an Other headliner.

Jamiroquai to follow Beck in the "Sunday Pyramid sub wherein they confuse all the people in the pit waiting for the headliner as they know nothing of their music" slot

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Erykah Badu now also in the frame for that slot with her July 6 London date.

Oh. I don't think that's good. She's at Essence Festival in New Orleans between Glastonbury and then so I'd guess that's just a token UK stop while carrying onto other European festivals.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

Jamiroquai to follow Beck in the "Sunday Pyramid sub wherein they confuse all the people in the pit waiting for the headliner as they know nothing of their music" slot

I should think Jamiroquai is well known enough with the masses. Was a massive mainstream concern at one point, much moreso than Beck has ever been.