JUSTICE

Fladog

Not overly familiar with them so gonna give Justice a listen over the weekend, Like a few on here, I'm currently struggling for a Sunday headliner (save me Avalon, save me). I like to end on a "guaranteed" party, i.e. something I know and love, Sunday headline is not a time for me to be dabbling in new bands.

My current fear is that as I'll be at the Pyramid for Biffy and most of my lot, including the missus, want to stay for Ed, without a big draw elsewhere I'll stick there out of sheer apathy.

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I like to end on a "guaranteed" party, i.e. something I know and love, Sunday headline is not a time for me to be dabbling in new bands.

Same here. LCD Sounsystem/Earth, Wind & Fire were great options to end the festival last year. (Also big up West Brom - you're not a WBA fan at all, are you?)

Personally I'm in the 'Still waiting on the other headliners to be announced, but I'll probably be there' camp.

I wasn't really sold on their last tour, but they seem to have really improved their live act. Their new album is solid and it would be a great way to see out the festival.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This tune has a special place in my heart... I want this version, no remix - they need to end with this:

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This tune has a special place in my heart... I want this version, no remix - they need to end with this:

Don't get too excited......because you won't get this!

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Was never that big of a fan of 'Love SOS' from their new album, but it works fantastically live.

This sounds slicker and more polished than any of the live vids I'd watched up to now.

It's probably my favourite one from the new album so I'm glad to see it's in the set.

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I'll definitely be at this if we're correct on the other headliners on Sunday (no act who could be on the Park Sunday will draw me away from Justice), so time for me to get excited (up until the BBK info I was worried they were gonna clash with The National).

Yep the BBK info has pretty much sorted me out for being able to catch Justice so all good in my books. Like you say, can't imagine what they'd be able to stick on the Park (especially from our current announced acts) that'd stop me from being there if they're headlining WH. Great booking, great act to end the main weekend of music with.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep the BBK info has pretty much sorted me out for being able to catch Justice so all good in my books. Like you say, can't imagine what they'd be able to stick on the Park (especially from our current announced acts) that'd stop me from being there if they're headlining WH. Great booking, great act to end the main weekend of music with.

Yep, and I forgot that Park will probably close early anyway so wouldn't clash regardless! My mate saw Grimes and EWF last year so without checking I assume the WH and Park headliners wouldn't be likely to overlap. Gonna be another party to close things off after Chems and LCD the last two years. Very happy.

8 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'm leaning towards Metronomy now having spent yesterday listening the hell out of Nights Out. Proving hard to get a ticket for their Manc gig too. 

This is gonna be a toughie. 

I just see it as Metronomy are likely gonna bring out an album in the next year so will be a fixture on the touring circuit once again, whereas Justice are doing a couple of London shows, Bestival, Glasto and then we might not see them again for a few years. Love Metronomy but they're an easy miss in tough clash situations.

Justice for me, Clive. I'm seeing both at their respective gigs at Brixton Academy before the end of the summer, but I've already seen Metronomy at least 6 times or something, and am yet to see Justice.

Can somebody fill me in (ooh-er) - which stage are Metronomy likely to be on against them?

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Yikes. That would be glorious.

I'm trying to construct the ultimate festival day (hypothetically) which involves the crazy theory (that has been suggesting more in hope than anything else) that Chic could play before Bazza followed by Ms Perry after.

Can you actually imagine a day that went Chic > Bazza > Perry > Moderat > Justice.