• Emeli Sande
    • Catfish And The Bottlemen
    • Other

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Surely Kendrick into Radiohead is too good to happen.

I've said this in other topics but I'd save Kendrick till he drops another album and then have him headline on his Glastonbury debut. 

After Jay Z and Kanye he's the only hip hop artist out there who could realistically headline and it wouldn't be a repeat headliner either 

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't see why Radiohead would be able to choose their sub. They're no bigger than half the acts who headline the festival and I don't think they choose their subs anywhere else, do they? Did they choose their subs in 2003? They're hardly The Rolling Stones, to whom Glasto would probably give in to any realistic demands they made.

yes...as Wayne Coyne says here...

49 minutes ago, swede said:

I've said this in other topics but I'd save Kendrick till he drops another album and then have him headline on his Glastonbury debut. 

After Jay Z and Kanye he's the only hip hop artist out there who could realistically headline and it wouldn't be a repeat headliner either 

Eminem would headline if he played but it seems unlikely he would be booked now, won't have any new material out in time for this year and with no festival in 2018 i couldn't see him headlining after that.

Kendrick is just a matter of waiting until he headlines.

3 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Eminem would headline if he played but it seems unlikely he would be booked now, won't have any new material out in time for this year and with no festival in 2018 i couldn't see him headlining after that.

Kendrick is just a matter of waiting until he headlines.

That's why I don't think the festival will blow their load on having him sub or headline the other stage. 

Once he's made his Glasto debut I think it'd be a few years before he'd be back, so let's have the man top the bill 

Just now, thesaint78 said:

How about The pixies ?

radiohead are big fans 

I can dream anyway! 

Banged my vote on Nick Cave - my personal choice - though I think both the Pixies and The National are the two most likely options. I expect Bon Iver to be pushed for Other Stage headline against the poppiest headline or if there's a harder rock act lined up.

I can't choose.

Bjork would be a dream.  The National would be amazing.  Nick Cave would be frickin' immense. I'd nigh on burst with happiness if it was The Flaming Lips.  (But I might also need help from Festival Welfare for an emotional melt after that one-two.)

(Don't The XX have a thing about playing in the dark?  Or are they not big enough to demand that now?)

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

(Don't The XX have a thing about playing in the dark?  Or are they not big enough to demand that now?)

i'm not sure if this was ever a direct quote from them or assumed, but surely they couldn't get too uppity about subbing Radiohead at Glastonbury? they may well just end up headlining Other again, but Pyramid sub would surely be a huge deal for them

5 hours ago, swede said:

So who would you pick, can't be arsed to read back through incase you already have 

Well Bjork would be perfect. Saw her at the Royal Albert Hall last month and she was incredible, as ever. 

There are plenty of acts I'd be happy with, just not the snoozefest of Alt-J, Elbow, etc. 

3 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Well Bjork would be perfect. Saw her at the Royal Albert Hall last month and she was incredible, as ever. 

There are plenty of acts I'd be happy with, just not the snoozefest of Alt-J, Elbow, etc. 

I think Bjork would want to headline a stage next time she plays 

51 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

could see The xx choosing to headline Bestival and somewhere else rather than doing a Pyramid sub.

The National or Bon Iver would be great.

Alt-J were an anonymous 3rd down 2 years ago, can't see them as subs this time, zero chance of them headlining the Other as someone mentioned.

Chemical Brothers both headlined Other and Bestival last year so could easily see The xx doing similar

as for Alt-J, i think you'd be surprised at how big they are. maybe they'll go in the way of The Vaccines and fall off a bit between albums, but right now i'm pinning them as co-headlining Reading/Leeds and taking a high (sub or Other headliner) slot at Glastonbury - both of which seem very within the realms of possibility