The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

51 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Drop Oxfam an email and ask if you can do the training online, that's how I did mine as I'm 125 miles away from the nearest venue. Email is Stewards@Oxfam.org.uk

The remaining places will be available from 10am on 28 March I think, so get ahead by doing your pre application. (see link below) Then on the 28th all you will need to do is select your festival/s and pay your deposit Glastonbury for 2017 is £240 and as long as your shifts are completed this will be refunded 6 weeks after the festival.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding  :) 

Also, is it a scramble to get a place for Oxfam?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MadScientist said:

Thought i'd post a little bit of advice with the resale looming :) there WAS a backdoor link during the main sale this year - a friend of mine managed to get tickets for a large amount of people by using the backdoor link. It's similar to the holding page URL but with a forward slash and a couple of letters (can't remember what they were, sorry). If you get onto the booking page and have other people wanting tickets (I know it's hard in the rush of the moment) copy the URL once you get onto the booking page before you do anything else. It will mean you can get back on multiple times. Good luck people :) 

Weird. I've just checked my browsing history and there's no odd seetickets URLs in there, certainly nothing like http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy.

I do know that the site was setting cookies throughout the session though (I had the cookies window open and had cleared all my cookies just before the sale). They seem to have closed the loophole that allowed people access to the booking page repeatedly during the same session, and the direct links haven't been very successful for the last two main sales either.

Maybe you could get your friend to check their browsing history to see what the URL was?

38 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

Also, is it a scramble to get a place for Oxfam?

Yes very much so, unless you have priority by volunteering at 2 festivals the previous year. Which I did as a back up as I was in your situation last year and was very lucky to win 2 tickets via this forum.

Follow them on on Twitter and join their Facebook group  as they will post updates on there too. @Oxfamstewards https://www.facebook.com/groups/oxfamfestivalsteam/

Good luck and report back! :D 

Edited by StoneCircle

12 hours ago, musky said:

Weird. I've just checked my browsing history and there's no odd seetickets URLs in there, certainly nothing like http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy.

I do know that the site was setting cookies throughout the session though (I had the cookies window open and had cleared all my cookies just before the sale). They seem to have closed the loophole that allowed people access to the booking page repeatedly during the same session, and the direct links haven't been very successful for the last two main sales either.

Maybe you could get your friend to check their browsing history to see what the URL was?

there was a backdoor way, but it was via a hosts file hack, again. I can't remember the full details now, something to do with one of their backend servers being public when it shouldn't have been. It was discussed here back in the autumn.

I'm also aware that See Tickets are aware of what happened, so I'd say it's very unlikely the same set-up error will happen again.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there was a backdoor way, but it was via a hosts file hack, again. I can't remember the full details now, something to do with one of their backend servers being public when it shouldn't have been. It was discussed here back in the autumn.

I'm also aware that See Tickets are aware of what happened, so I'd say it's very unlikely the same set-up error will happen again.

Ah yes, I vaguely remember something about a server being public. I don't think this is what MadScientist had in mind though, as it doesn't seem to have involved the editing hosts file.

12 hours ago, admscott said:

In October I was unable to make this year's festival. 

My plans have now changed so relying on the resale. Excited about actually being able to go though! 

Glad you can now make it if you get a ticket! 

At this point, I just want to know if I'm going or not! Usually I'd be excited waiting for the line-up poster, but instead I'm having to manage my hopes, as I don't know what I'm preparing myself for.

Following last years pattern, the resale day should be Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th April, however that weekend is Easter, so I wonder if they'll move it to the following week?

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Glad you can now make it if you get a ticket! 

At this point, I just want to know if I'm going or not! Usually I'd be excited waiting for the line-up poster, but instead I'm having to manage my hopes, as I don't know what I'm preparing myself for.

Following last years pattern, the resale day should be Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th April, however that weekend is Easter, so I wonder if they'll move it to the following week?

Yeah, I'm hanging on, can't get excited, can't even get angry about bookings I don't like, wife can't book flights, can't apply for her visa etc. We're properly stuck in  limbo 

reckon the resale will be the week after Easter

21 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, I'm hanging on, can't get excited, can't even get angry about bookings I don't like, wife can't book flights, can't apply for her visa etc. We're properly stuck in  limbo 

reckon the resale will be the week after Easter

Ack, another week of limbo! Must be doubley frustrating for you due to all the flight bookings etc you can't sort out until you know

28 minutes ago, 4519dennis said:

What's best guess on the resale date? Will they try to avoid Easter weekend and go for 20th April Coach Resale and 23rd General Resale? Any guidance welcomed...

We were discussing that earlier today on this very thread. Dates (following last year's schedule) should be the Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th, but that will be Easter weekend so they might move them to the following week. 

Last year coach resale tickets sold out in 20mins and general resale tickets sold out in 14mins.

21 minutes ago, Person 2 said:

How many tickets do people think are actually up in the resale?

Almost impossible to say but i would be surprised if it is over 10K.

As I didn't manage to get one in the initial sale, I'm hoping it will be fucking loads.

9 minutes ago, rumpola said:

Almost impossible to say but i would be surprised if it is over 10K.

As I didn't manage to get one in the initial sale, I'm hoping it will be fucking loads.

Me too, though the fact that there's no festival next year makes it maybe less likely