The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, not really been on here for a while since missing out on tickets in October. Been to the last 11 festivals now and it's getting closer to the time of last chances. It seems everyone is more aware of resales these days so I'm not holding out much hope.

I've got a few of our group trying for us in April I think (they got tickets). By law of averages I've had a great run of luck (coupled with effort!) so far so I can't complain if I do miss out. Last year was also a bit of a slog for me, but would love to see Radiohead headline this year. Not a lot to add really,  and haven't really read this thread, but there's still a chance for us all :)

On 17/03/2017 at 9:55 PM, Miesh said:

Hello.

So I think what is happening is people are forming groups and letting @chrismcb know? Just wondering what us volunteers need to do? Will we be allocated a group or should we send a message to someone on the sheet offering help? 

Yeah the idea is people group up themselves, let me know, I update the list then so others can see who has already grouped with someone else. It means people can choose how big/small a group to try for on the day. People who are grouping up can contact the volunteers or the volunteers can contact others looking to help. The sheet just helps people pick people that live near them to maybe make sorting money/tickets easier. People can still choose not to do any of this! Fingers crossed for all trying on here.

Edited by chrismcb

Eek, this time in just under 4 weeks, it will all be over with... (unless they push the resale back a  week due to easter). Hard to believe we have lived with this uncertainty for 5 months!

With there not being a festival next year, I'm not very optimistic that there will be a lot of tickets in the resale, so I've sorted out some travelling abroad if I fail miserably to get a ticket. I know I'll find a way to enjoy myself even if I don't go this year, but radiohead played at the first glastonbury I went to, and now I'm thinking of stopping going soon, it would have been nice to end it with radiohead.

2 hours ago, angelin said:

What date are we thinking? Was it last year they never had the second resale?

I think last year they announced it just after the payment week was up for the following Thursday and Sunday, so assuming payment date is 8th April that would make coach sales on Thursday 13th and general tickets on Sunday 16th april. However I think that Sunday is the Easter weekend, so I'm not sure if that will alter things. 

2 hours ago, angelin said:

What date are we thinking? Was it last year they never had the second resale?

I think there was a limited second/secret resale (in reality I think most people have cottoned on now making it much much harder to pick up tickets this way like I managed to in 2015).

29 minutes ago, OBface said:

I think there was a limited second/secret resale (in reality I think most people have cottoned on now making it much much harder to pick up tickets this way like I managed to in 2015).

How would one find out about these secret resales?

1 minute ago, SG87 said:

How would one find out about these secret resales?

I used a page tracker in 2015 and I think @eFests set something up last year (I'm not 100%). Be warned though, the days of this being a reasonably viable way of getting tickets are probably over.

6 hours ago, Person 2 said:

After failing to get tickets in October, i was wondering if there where higher chances of getting tickets for the coach package (in the resale). 

Unfortunately there's no guarantee. Technically if you try in the coach sale you are already increasing the odds of landing a ticket because you're giving yourself two shots (coach sale, then if you fail you can try again in the general ticket resale).

However you might end up with a not very good coach time/day. But then you might not end up with a ticket at all if you just try in the general. It's a gamble, and we must each look into our own souls when deciding! ;) 

11 hours ago, Person 2 said:

After failing to get tickets in October, i was wondering if there where higher chances of getting tickets for the coach package (in the resale). 

It depends on how many the have for each departure point.  If the ones that suit you happen to have more people drop out then it's a winner . It's worth trying.  Last year there were 5 of us trying and we got 4 coach tickets and 0 normal tickets :(

13 hours ago, OBface said:

I used a page tracker in 2015 and I think @eFests set something up last year (I'm not 100%). Be warned though, the days of this being a reasonably viable way of getting tickets are probably over.

I believe the success of those using http://www.checkpage.co.uk to alert them to tickets on sale last year was pretty damned high, tho I only have the anecdotal to go on for that.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I believe the success of those using http://www.checkpage.co.uk to alert them to tickets on sale last year was pretty damned high, tho I only have the anecdotal to go on for that.

Thanks for this, have set a reminder to sign up after the resale (have to prepare for failure!).

Just to be clear, this will send an alert whenever the Glasto ticket page changes, which is likely to change because more tickets have been put up for sale?  And then it's just a case of who reacts quickest to go on the site and get the tickets?