The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Hi Chris!

You're doing some kickass work with that spreadsheet :D

Me and my gf missed out in october, so we're gutted as hell at the moment. Is it too late to be chucked onto the bottom of the spreadsheet? If we can still squeeze on, shall I PM you our details or post them on this thread?

MANY thanks

Matt

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick heads up for those wanting to work with Oxfam this year

"Festival applications will open on Tuesday 28 March, after 10am. This is our main public launch day, when everybody can apply. On this day you can click through from the pre-application form to the festivals application (2nd part of the form) to select your festivals and pay your deposit. "

Hope you all get lucky as places go quick

Good job with this, however, the person I am grouped with doesn't seem to post on here at all. Perhaps closer to the time we will have to regroup the groups as some people who put their names down after visiting the forum for 5 minutes may not return.

Edited by Dave_c

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

Good job with this, however, the person I am grouped with doesn't seem to post on here at all. Perhaps closer to the time we will have to regroup the groups as some people who put their names down after visiting the forum for 5 minutes may not return.

Yeah that was always going to be a problem. There was a discussion in the past about allowing people with low post count or rep on to the list, then others said they lurk a lot and don't post much but we're still active. It could be that some people get coach tickets the the groups are redone after. 

Or should we have a "roll call" of sorts to see who's still about. If there's no reply within a certain time then your off the list or else grouped with others who don't reply? I dunno. We want people to trust those they're grouped with. I did ask a while back for people to let me know if they wanted to be grouped with certain people or whatever. If people don't trust the person(s) they're grouped with I would say don't stay in that group. Its up to people themselves to figure out how their group will work on resale day. 

Hi chrismcb! 

Well done again on organising all of this!! I have been grouped and am so grateful! I am one of the lurkers but I keep up with the thread everyday and so do still feel very much a part of this.. even if I don't post as much. I would definitely like to offer up my help with volunteering for coach sale tickets as I'm down for general admission (if that's how it works?) so please count me in on that if you need to! 

Keeping everthing crossed for everyone!

Hi I posted a few weeks back but seems to have gotten lost in the midst of all the posts recently but I've been successful in getting spaces in volunteering so I don't need to be on the sheet anymore. Don't want to mess anyone around so best to make sure I'm taken off it early enough. 

Thanks for all the work tho Chris

I guess I'm a lurking poster ( if there is such a thing!). Very much keep up to date with what's happening in the room and again I'd like to thank Chris for all his hard work. 

Anyone know how much notice is given between announcing the date of the resale and the resale itself?

11 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

I guess I'm a lurking poster ( if there is such a thing!). Very much keep up to date with what's happening in the room and again I'd like to thank Chris for all his hard work. 

Anyone know how much notice is given between announcing the date of the resale and the resale itself?

Last year the date was announced 8th April, re-sales were 14th & 17th

You need TheThingy.

Hi @chrismcb, I've got a place volunteering so please can you remove me plus one from the spreadsheet? Sorry for the late notice, and I hope it doesn't mess up your groups.

Please put me down to help in both coach and general sales. And thank you SO much for the time and effort you have put into this, incredibly kind of you. 

I've removed you now @jo1980

I know I'm repeating myself again, but whats the best way to work this? I've made groups of 4. Is everyone ok with buying 4 tickets? For example, those who are in a group of 4 singles, are they ok with paying for all 4 tickets on their own card and sorting money after?

Then when it comes to volunteers. buying for a group of 4 might be too much, so should the groups be smaller and assign the Volunteers to smaller groups? I still dont like the idea of people sharing their card details with people on a forum but some seem to be ok with this but obviously need to be really careful! So if sharing details can be avoided its better. People buying on their own cards and then cancelling if someone doesnt pay up within a certain amount would be the best option.

Edited by chrismcb

21 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

I've removed you now @jo1980

I know I'm repeating myself again, but whats the best way to work this? I've made groups of 4. Is everyone ok with buying 4 tickets? For example, those who are in a group of 4 singles, are they ok with paying for all 4 tickets on their own card and sorting money after?

Then when it comes to volunteers. buying for a group of 4 might be too much, so should the groups be smaller and assign the Volunteers to smaller groups? I still dont like the idea of people sharing their card details with people on a forum but some seem to be ok with this but obviously need to be really careful! So if sharing details can be avoided its better. People buying on their own cards and then cancelling if someone doesnt pay up within a certain amount would be the best option.

I'd always assumed that we were to give each other our card details and buy on the card of the person who wants the tickets?

Then again that might be a bit sketchy........ I was planning to just get a prepaid mastercard and give the number to that to the person assigned to my group and take it from there. Move money to the card that morning and then cancel as soon as sold out notification happens.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick by looks of things

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I'd always assumed that we were to give each other our card details and buy on the card of the person who wants the tickets?

Then again that might be a bit sketchy........ I was planning to just get a prepaid mastercard and give the number to that to the person assigned to my group and take it from there. Move money to the card that morning and then cancel as soon as sold out notification happens.

Prepaid card is definitely safer, was there not something that was going to prevent the use of those cards or am I getting mixed up?

Edited by chrismcb

3 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Prepaid card is definatley safer, was there not something that was going to prevent the use of those cards or am I getting mixed up?

I can't quite remember mate its been a while!

As far as I am aware they are taking credit cards this year so I don't see that there is a problem.

You could even message your compadre your REAL card number and all that on the day and cancel that soon after. Fraud protection from all banks nowadays (not saying efesters are fraudsters :p). But therein lies the sketchy bit.

I've noticed from the sheet I'm not down to buy anyone any coach tickets - if anyone is needed let me know mate and I'll be around. I'll also be around if we decide not to go in general sale.

Edited by mungo57

Will change that, doing some resorting of the sheet at the minute. I suppose one person could setup a prepaid card, others could transfer money to that person then they load up the card and share the details with the group. Obviously there is still risk. It really is down to those in the group, I dont want people blaming me if anything goes wrong!

1 hour ago, chrismcb said:

Will change that, doing some resorting of the sheet at the minute. I suppose one person could setup a prepaid card, others could transfer money to that person then they load up the card and share the details with the group. Obviously there is still risk. It really is down to those in the group, I dont want people blaming me if anything goes wrong!

None of us lot will blame you for anything mate you've done amazing work for us all!

maybe you should just group people or let people group themselves and then the group can decide for themselves how they want to do things? Means 1 less thing for you to do/worry about and absolves you of any responsibility for financials.

id like to think everyone on here is trustworthy but theees always a chance of someone getting done over. It's happened on these forums before from what I've read in other threads but in different circumstances.

7 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I am ok with this. I have never done this before. I am on the list needing tickets and would buy for 2 others as a group of four. Sounds complicated. Should I in box you. Was kind of quiet as still so long away for resale

I dont know tbh mate - I suggest we hang back until Chris has worked his magic with his spreadsheet and take things from there.

Once we've got groups etc we can decide amongst ourselves how we want to go about things, that seems best to me.