Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've only seen her once when she did Latitude the summer of her first album. She was really good, but I was a bit peeved she didn't do Off To The Races. She did do Body Electric though, before any recorded version of it existed, I remember thinking what a massive tune it was. If she plays Glastonbury I'd be there, hopefully she'd play Off To The Races and Ride.

It looks like Chance is definitely playing, which I'm happy about because he's high up on my wishlist. I'm not a massive fan of the Other in all honesty, so I'd rather see him on JPT or WH, but I reckon Other would be the most likely.

An exhaustive list of the good acts announced for R&L:
- Charli XCX
- Halsey
The end.

Yeah Halsey would make a good addition to the glastonbury line up

If Lana does play I would definitely want Ride, National Anthem and Freak

Oh and sorry for the triple post but a band called Highasakite are touring around Norway around June. 

Played last year and I tweeted them asking if they were playing before announcement and all they did was like the tweet.

This year I said come back to glastonbury and all they did was like it again so they could possibly be returning??

Edited by Ollie9917

Just now, Ollie9917 said:

Oh and sorry for the triple post but a band called Highasakite are touring around Norway around June. 

Played last year and I tweeted them asking if they were playing before announcement and all they did was like the tweet.

This year I said come back to glastonbury and all they did was like it again so they could possibly be returning??

Nice to see  a band from my country getting some recognition across europe, seeing them again in April personally, fantastic band would love to have them at the farm!

Just now, NorwegianBlur said:

Nice to see  a band from my country getting some recognition across europe, seeing them again in April personally, fantastic band would love to have them at the farm!

Saw them support Of Monsters and Men once, really good set and saw them again at Glasto last year, I was alone and still had a great time

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've got no idea who half the acts in that lineup are, let alone whether they've got a woman in or not. 

I consider myself to have quite a wide taste in music but I'd struggle to find any more than 5 acts across the whole weekend I'd bother going to see. Rotten. 

5 minutes ago, swede said:

She's rumoured to be getting announced as a Latitude headliner on Wednesday.

Latitude headliners are usually big enough to headline other stage 

One, sometimes two of them are but not all of them and if The XX and The 1975 are two of them then the chances of a 3rd being big enough isn't high. She could sub it, a bit too big for JP imo purely down to the rarity of her.

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Pretenders playing Paris on 26th, no shows listed 23-25th.

Christie did mention they had several summer festival appearances lined up before their autumn North American tour on umm, Talk Sport, the other day so wouldn't be in the least surprised to see them there. 

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Land Del Rey was the dullest thing I've ever seen at Glastonbury. And by dull, I mean dull dull dull dull dull.

It's either a you get it or you don't thing with her, Marmite artist....which is why she probably doesn't tour loads as to keep those who are happy to see her when she tours.

Lana is one of those artists that I like in theory, but something just prevents me from getting really in to her music. On paper, her music has all the elements that I usually look for, but it just doesn't click IMO. Can't quite put my finger on it. I would see her at the Farm mind, but I wouldn't be losing my shit over it.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Lana is one of those artists that I like in theory, but something just prevents me from getting really in to her music. On paper, her music has all the elements that I usually look for, but it just doesn't click IMO. Can't quite put my finger on it. I would see her at the Farm mind, but I wouldn't be losing my shit over it.

I think she is different from anyone else out there, I find she has the voice and edge in how she sings that makes the difference and the facts he can sing slow but it's adapted to the songs that interests me. Her last album quite quickly faded for me but  this new song gives some hope.