Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

The younger me watched Robbie at V98 and rather enjoyed it. Actually, headlining V wouldn't be a bad shout.

possibly a bit too old for V these days. has he even done any UK festivals since Glastonbury/V all those years ago? seems like such an obvious booking for something like TITP and he's done European festivals but i don't recall him ever doing one over here

Just now, dentalplan said:

That was around his first album wasn't it? I listened to that shit loads as a youngster. Even in hindsight it's one of the better Britpop albums.

He used to do a 'rock' cover of Back For Good as well. He's got some decent singles but I never listened to an album.

There's a fair chance that if Angels hadn't kicked off he wouldn't have lasted 3 albums.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bet he'd only have to have originated as far north as Congleton and you'd have been championing him from the start.

I find nothing remotely enjoyable about his music. In fact I would rather watch James Blunt followed by the Lighthouse Family.

4 minutes ago, timbrass said:

All this talk of Cheap Trick, Kraftwerk, Elton and Jethro Tull.  All I need is Supertramp, Genesis, Blue Oyster Cult and Atomic Rooster to complete my 1977 record collection!

Sure I've seen Blue Oyster Cult announced for a European festival next year too so you could move them to the first category. Would be aight for Acoustic I suppose.

Just spotted Barry Gibb has been announced for Byron Bay Bluesfest so it looks like he is rejecting all advice and continuing his live singing career. Very good bet for a slot after this year. May I ask if he's much bigger than Art Garfunkel in the scheme of things?

1 minute ago, willd255 said:

It's not going to be Robbie Williams. His new song is arguably the worst I've ever heard

It would nearly be worth it being him just to watch that utter garbage go down like the shit sandwich it is. The big finale to the song, followed by a field of people stood in silence with their arms folded.

Utter, beautiful, perfect silence. And staring. Broken by an awkward cough before 50,000 people turn away en masse to go and watch something else.

I'm not a fan of his new song.