Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Based on the thread he's posted it in I can see it just being a tour announcement from someone shit (potentially Robbie) which puts them in the frame, rather than actual info on someone playing.

That, or Neil has heard that headlining Glastonbury is part of Robbie's tour plans :wacko:

Highly doubt it will get announced tomorrow though if that's the case.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Based on the thread he's posted it in I can see it just being a tour announcement from someone shit (potentially Robbie) which puts them in the frame, rather than actual info on someone playing.

That's my theory. I'm also going on the basis that, as I don't believe Neil to be a complete heartless bastard, his tone is too flippant to be something crushing like Radiohead or DP being completely ruled out

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Williams. Headlining. No fucking way. I'm not having that. That would be sickening. Regardless of the 'plenty of other stages' argument. 

That fuckhead should be tried at The Hague for crimes against humility. 

He could tell his w*nked off by someone pretending to be a maid story as the encore.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you're really not going to like it.

I mean really REALLY not going to like it.

But you'll have to wait till tomorrow. :P

My guess is a tour for either Daft Punk or Radiohead that rules them out of Glastonbury rather than someone new getting the gig...

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, dentalplan said:

Well he's definitely big enough to headline by the normal standards judged, and he's already done the Pyramid so the 'dream of playing Glastonbury' thing doesn't apply here either. So I'd strongly disagree there.

if his last appearance had been in the last decade then i'd agree, but it was nearly twenty years ago now, and whatever way you look at him he's a bit of a novelty act when it comes to Glastonbury standards. if it is his tour dates being announced around Glastonbury i don't think it means he'll be playing, but if he did, sub at best for sure. even as a fan him headlining would seem like a big misstep. that should've happened some time ago if it was ever to happen

I'm not convinced Robbie is a headliner because I don't think the Eavii would book him as one. They must appreciate, as FF said, that he would be a novelty at this point for Glastonbury. They have many more options to headline the festival before they go for a novelty like Robbie Williams.

Could be wrong though!

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

if his last appearance had been in the last decade then i'd agree, but it was nearly twenty years ago now, and whatever way you look at him he's a bit of a novelty act when it comes to Glastonbury standards. if it is his tour dates being announced around Glastonbury i don't think it means he'll be playing, but if he did, sub at best for sure. even as a fan him headlining would seem like a big misstep. that should've happened some time ago if it was ever to happen

His last, er, non-swing tour had four nights at Wembley Stadium - as much as Coldplay this year. If they're booking him I just don't see a justification to have him go on before someone smaller.

I guess the teatime slot could work because they never actually specify that it's for old/legendary acts and I'm sure they'll move away from that at some point (could even be worth considering with the Lady Gaga bullshit) but it's all pretty moot as I don't think whatever this is will come to Robbie Williams playing Glastonbury.

P.S. Don't do the "even as a big fan I think..." thing yo. :P