Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

12 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

Lana Del Rey's last 3 albums has outsold New Orders last 3 albums

Both artists last album sales :

Complete Music - 97000

Honeymoon - 380,000

She has spent more time in the top 100 charts in total than New Order has and has been active for half the time , her debut album was one of the fastest selling albums of the decade . try again hunty

tell me again ? ?

we are living in 2017 not 1997

Yes that's right, because where you get billed on a line up is purely down to the sales of your last record and not down to historical success and fan base.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think she is different from anyone else out there, I find she has the voice and edge in how she sings that makes the difference and the facts he can sing slow but it's adapted to the songs that interests me. Her last album quite quickly faded for me but  this new song gives some hope.

I do agree with your points, and I would say I like her music, I just feel I should like her a lot more.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I do agree with your points, and I would say I like her music, I just feel I should like her a lot more.

I feel the same with Lorde, I feel I should like her a lot more but to be honest if she was a pop female singer that just made a lot of records and released regularly and toured like others people wouldn't look at a lineup and think...oh Lorde! Even by the amount of fests she's doing so far this year it's already taken the edge of how good a booking it feels. 

I heard one of her songs on the radio today, it was ok in a Twin Peaks light kind of way. Maybe if I was in the right mood I could enjoy it but the 20 minutes or so I saw of her on The Pyramid, it just seemed like she couldn't be arsed, no spark, no heart, droning on like a 14 year old who's been made to stay in and do their homework. It's so unfair!

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

can I ask.....?

Did you see Bruce Springsteen? I don't think you can have done.

</runs>

:P

I didn't go until 2010. I did see him on that tour though, the next time I saw him he was 20 times better.

Having said that, 40 miniutes of Outlaw Pete on a loop would be better than LDR.

And I don't mean the railway!!!1!!!! Sorry.

Edited by Gnomicide

17 hours ago, JID said:

is it confirmed he is exclusive to Bestival? doesnt say it on their website. Hope not!

http://www.bestival.net/news/bestival-2017-line-up-revealed

says in this article he's got an "exclusive performance" but the wording around it doesn't seem particularly definitive to me, take from it what you will I guess?

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lol it was real then? Dreadful, and the headliners seem like last minute bookings 'cause couldn't get anybody better/had used up everybody else in previous years. But at least one of em ain't Kasabian, Kings of Leon or The Killers - I'll give them that.

As far as the undercard goes it's standard V Festival fare, but I reckon they've done ok with the headliners there. Jay-Z is still one of the biggest draws in hip-hop and as far as female pop solo artists go, Pink has an edge that makes her stand out from the others. Still wouldn't go if you paid me, mind

2 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

As far as the undercard goes it's standard V Festival fare, but I reckon they've done ok with the headliners there. Jay-Z is still one of the biggest draws in hip-hop and as far as female pop solo artists go, Pink has an edge that makes her stand out from the others. Still wouldn't go if you paid me, mind

I personally like those two headliners a lot better than what V usually gets, but I'm struggling to see them being a massive pull. Maybe it's just because neither have released an album/been in the spotlight for so long which I guess will be amended sometime this year.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

You know it's a bad situation when the joint 2nd highest billed act is Pete Tong playing Ibiza classics. Good lord.

Yep :lol: a ridiculous/hilarious booking.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I personally like those two headliners a lot better than what V usually gets, but I'm struggling to see them being a massive pull. Maybe it's just because neither have released an album/been in the spotlight for so long which I guess will be amended sometime this year.

Yep :lol: a ridiculous/hilarious booking.

Wait till we get The Hacienda one.

It seems mad now to look at that V fest line up and think that I have seen Blondie, Happy Mondays, Human League, Inspiral Carpets, Chic, The Charlatans, Noel Gallagher, The Stranglers, Primal Scream, Mancic Street Preachers there , all in the last 6 years (plus the Stone Roses played while I watched someone else). There used to be something for everyone.

You would look at the line ups and say that even Parklife is now a better festival. V may spend more on the headliners but the undercard is no where near as good.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems like the announcement isn't going down well with the kids if the twitter feed responses are anything to go by. As @eastynh mentions above, the likes of Parklife (and Wildlife) have overtaken it. Alongside IoW, V is very much at risk of disappearing. Neither have evolved, just stagnated in a sea of pop mediocrity