Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wouldn't worry. If Foos have a long set and prep time, you can probably catch both them and Solange.

Nice work KC tho Beach Boys are en France on Sunday.

I was just basing that on someone saying Sunday was the only day they could do, nothing about that gig on their website either but you're right enough. Guess that means they have to play Friday then? Bizarre way to do it if so, Spain, Spain, Glastonbury, Spain, France on consecutive days.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

I like this a lot. Very realistic and strong in places. Only query would be, didn't they say no more park secret sets after Radiohead & Pulp in 2011? 

I'm not sure if it was ever explicitly said, but somebody had info that The xx would be on the Park with some capacity and with them obviously being far too big for a regular slot + it being the ten year anniversary of the Park I guess it's a possibility that they may do a secret set, although it would be odd considering how much they've clearly attempted to move away from that kind of thing.

8 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

I like this a lot. Very realistic and strong in places. Only query would be, didn't they say no more park secret sets after Radiohead & Pulp in 2011? 

Someone posted earlier this week with info that The xx, Maggie Price and Mark Lanegan are all playing the Park. Obviously The xx are far too big to play there normally so a secret set seems the only way. Given it's The Park's 10th year I could see them maybe getting a few bands who've headlines to come back and do secret sets there, Metronomy strike me as an obvious one if that was to happen.

I'm assuming that the info was actually meant to be Jamie XX not the XX in full. He is still doing separate shows whilst touring with The XX. So I think this is far more likely.

Swap Gaga in for Kaiser Chiefs and kick The kooks out of JP headliner slot and you've got yourself a deal

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm not sure if it was ever explicitly said, but somebody had info that The xx would be on the Park with some capacity and with them obviously being far too big for a regular slot + it being the ten year anniversary of the Park I guess it's a possibility that they may do a secret set, although it would be odd considering how much they've clearly attempted to move away from that kind of thing.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Someone posted earlier this week with info that The xx, Maggie Price and Mark Lanegan are all playing the Park. Obviously The xx are far too big to play there normally so a secret set seems the only way. Given it's The Park's 10th year I could see them maybe getting a few bands who've headlines to come back and do secret sets there, Metronomy strike me as an obvious one if that was to happen.

I guess that makes sense.I guess secret sets would be manageable if they were't Pulp/Radiohead scale acts again. If an XX secret set is part of a trend Metronomy are a good shout. Horrors & James Blake would be other ones I'd hope for. 

6 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

is there any reason Bon Iver has disappeared from everyone predictions??

Opposite foos on sat would be good! (for me)

He cancelled his tour and somebody heard that he's not doing any more shows other than the already announced ones (or something like that). Looking unlikely either way.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He cancelled his tour and somebody heard that he's not doing any more shows other than the already announced ones (or something like that). Looking unlikely either way.

there goes my dream of seeing him at glastonbury gone for another 2 years. Consolation, I see him at primavera.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRIDAY
PY: 
Radiohead, The xx, The Maccabees, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beach Boys, Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, Junun
OS: Chase & Status, George Ezra, You Me At Six, Fleet Foxes, Rag 'N' Bone Man, The Coral, Sundara Karma, Liam Gallagher, Elbow
JP: Courteeners, Run the Jewels, Crystal Fighters, Warpaint, Pond, The DMA's, Cabbage, Frances, Vant, Cigarettes After Sex
PA: Jesus & Mary Chain, Soulwax, Songhoy Blues, Mark Lanegan, Rhye, Sinkane, Formation, The Lemon Twigs, Maggie Rogers, Hooton Tennis Club
WH: Damian Marley, Hacienda Classical, Little Dragon, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Amadou et Mariam, Seu Jorge

SATURDAY
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Alt-J, Van Morrison, Lorde, Clean Bandit, Wiley, Nao, Omar Souleyman
OS: Boy Better Know, Richard Ashcroft, Phoenix, Stormzy, Slaves, The Kills, British Sea Power, Wild Beasts, Declan McKenna
JP: Orbital, Moderat, Glass Animals, Ray BLK, James Vincent McMorrow, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Japanese House, The Hunna, The Big Moon, Clean Cut Kid
PA: Bonobo, Slowdive, The xx (secret set), Angel Olsen, Sampha, Swet Shop Boys, Maggie Price, Fickle Friends, Julia Jacklin
WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Afriqoui, Canalon de Timbiqui, United Vibrations

SUNDAY
PY: 
Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Emeli Sandé, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, Michael Kiwanuka, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band, Black Dyke Band
OS: Justice, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cage the Elephant, Rat Boy, Lady Leshurr, The Amazons
JP: The Flaming Lips, The Shins, Father John Misty, Crystal Castles, Whitney, Spoon, Jagwar Ma, The Sherlocks, She Drew the Gun
PA: Goldfrapp, Grandaddy, Sleaford Mods, Joe Goddard, Agnes Obel, Real Estate, Temples, Kevin Morby
WH: Kraftwerk, Rokysopp, Miguel, Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba, BadBadNotGood, Rationale, Golden Rules

Feel like this is the most accurate prediction we have so far!

Did a few little changes to make it more accurate imo.

Edited by Acid_Haze

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Literally announced more shows the other day. Don't really buy that whole thing tbh. I'm sure he'll show up somewhere over here.

16 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Royal Blood are gonna be Friday 

How come you say that? I just changed them because George Ezra can't be up against The Weeknd, the two most commercially successful acts of the last few years on the lineup (bar Ed Sheeran) can't be on at the same time.

17 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

How come you say that? I just changed them because George Ezra can't be up against The Weeknd, the two most commercially successful acts of the last few years on the lineup (bar Ed Sheeran) can't be on at the same time.

They're in Cornwall on the Thursday and doing Hurricane/Southside the same weekend, so they're not gonna play down the road one day, fly off to Germany & then come back to basically the same place. 

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead / Elbow / The Maccabees / Craig David / Clean Bandit / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest / Junun

Other: Chase and Status / Royal Blood / Courteeners / Liam Gallagher / Circa Waves / Cage the Elephant / The Coral / Feeder / Ocean Colour Scene

West Holts: Jamiroquai / Blood Orange / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Gallant / Samm Henshaw

John Peel: Run the Jewels / The Hives / Everything Everything / Danny Brown / James Vincent McMorrow / DIIV / Fat White Family / Hooton Tennis Club

Park: Orbital / Regina Spektor / Mark Lanegan Band / Anohni / Poliça / Shura / Margo Price / The Lemon Twigs / The Parrots

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs / Van Morrison / HAIM / Blossoms / Laura Marling / Twin Atlantic

Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Stormzy / Metronomy / Slaves / The Kills / Rag'n'Bone Man / Sundara Karma / Metric

West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / United Vibrations / Canalón de Timbiquí / Afriquoi

John Peel: Bonobo / Crystal Castles / White Lies / Crystal Fighters / The Temper Trap / Parquet Courts / Tom Chaplin / Spring King / The Wytches / Cabbage

Park: The Jesus and Mary Chain / Grandaddy / Local Natives / Spoon / Mitski / Preoccupations / Temples / Whitney / The Big Moon

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The xx / Lorde / Diana Ross / Barry Gibb / Father John Misty / Seasick Steve / Black Dyke Band

Other: Justice / Imagine Dragons / London Grammar / You Me at Six / The Shins / Grizzly Bear / Rat Boy / British Sea Power / Foy Vance

West Holts: Kraftwerk / Royksopp / Empire of the Sun / Netsky

John Peel: The Flaming Lips / Warpaint / Glass Animals / Wiley / of Montreal / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Thee Oh Sees / TOY

Park: Fleet Foxes / Teenage Fanclub / Real Estate / Sleaford Mods / Angel Olsen / Agnes Obel / Honeyblood / Sunflower Bean

Edited by Will-2609

15 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead / Elbow / The Maccabees / Craig David / Clean Bandit / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest / Junun

Other: Chase and Status / Royal Blood / Courteeners / Liam Gallagher / Circa Waves / Cage the Elephant / The Coral / Feeder / Ocean Colour Scene

West Holts: Jamiroquai / Blood Orange / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Gallant / Samm Henshaw

John Peel: Run the Jewels / The Hives / Everything Everything / Danny Brown / James Vincent McMorrow / DIIV / Fat White Family / Hooton Tennis Club

Park: Orbital / Regina Spektor / Mark Lanegan Band / Anohni / Poliça / Shura / Margo Price / The Lemon Twigs / The Parrots

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs / Van Morrison / HAIM / Blossoms / Laura Marling / Twin Atlantic

Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Stormzy / Metronomy / Slaves / The Kills / Rag'n'Bone Man / Sundara Karma / Metric

West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / United Vibrations / Canalón de Timbiquí / Afriquoi

John Peel: Bonobo / Crystal Castles / White Lies / Crystal Fighters / The Temper Trap / Tom Chaplin / Spring King / The Wytches / Cabbage

Park: The Jesus and Mary Chain / Teenage Fanclub / Local Natives / Spoon / Mitski / Preoccupations / Temples / Whitney / The Big Moon

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / The xx / Lorde / Diana Ross / Barry Gibb / Father John Misty / Seasick Steve / Black Dyke Band

Other: Justice / Imagine Dragons / London Grammar / You Me at Six / The Shins / Grizzly Bear / Rat Boy / British Sea Power / Foy Vance

West Holts: Kraftwerk / Royksopp / Empire of the Sun / Netsky

John Peel: The Flaming Lips / Warpaint / Glass Animals / Wiley / Parquet Courts / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Thee Oh Sees / TOY

Park: Fleet Foxes / of Montreal / Real Estate / Sleaford Mods / Angel Olsen / Agnes Obel / Honeyblood / Sunflower Bean

I've said it before but Of Montreal are much smaller than at least three of the acts they're above on there. Boot em down.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Is there a reason why Kaisers are being predicted to sub? I wouldn't see them as anything more than 3rd down personally.

I believe there was some info that put them there (can't remember exactly what) but aye, I'm not buying it - they've done nothing to justify going from JP headliner to Pyramid sub in three years. Only explanation behind it would be that Foos have personally requested them after having toured with them previously. Hopefully not though.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe there was some info that put them there (can't remember exactly what) but aye, I'm not buying it - they've done nothing to justify going from JP headliner to Pyramid sub in three years. Only explanation behind it would be that Foos have personally requested them after having toured with them previously. Hopefully not though.

It might have some weight to as it in a way and given times etc, by the time KC would come on and finish and the Foo's set length, they would be the 'usual' 3rd place down act. There might have been some little deal in it happening as Foo's came all the way over to announce. They have in all fairness done bigger gigs since that JP slot but similarly to Primal Scream last time, it might be that they get a slot above, some may say the same feat happened with Weller.

13 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Is there a reason why Kaisers are being predicted to sub? I wouldn't see them as anything more than 3rd down personally.

Yeh someone said he'd been told Kaisers are subbing Foos and at first I didn't buy it cos it sounds stupid. However, we've got to the point now where there seem to be fuck all options for those slots and if Foos get a massive set then they'll basically be playing a 3rd down time slot anyway and could get given a shorter set than usual subs. They've supported Foos in the past so it could be that Foos have requested them.

Edit: Yeah like Primal Scream and Weller.

Edited by Will-2609