The Park 2017

Tuna

Please book Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes to play on the Park stage at Glastonbury.

I believe they've never played at the festival before, which is surprising.

Edited by Simpo

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Swans would be a perfect Park headliner. They're my main wish every year. Liking the new album a lot after a few listens and I only expect it to grow on me. Only issues I can think of is the set time that Park headliners get, and that they just don't seem to book that sort of stuff, do they?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Gosh that's a bit far ain't it? Can't they just break up instead?

From what I remember, it's just going to be a new Gira project but still named Swans. I guess that's kind of what the current version is, compared to the 80s/90s stuff anyway.

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Flume would be a great Park headliner. Sold out Ally Pally pretty quickly and 2 good albums under his belt. 

He'd be a decent fit style-wise. He's a bit big on that form though. WH headliner?

4 minutes ago, pennylane07 said:

+1 for Animal Collective and Boards of Canada

Sleater Kinney

Why?

Dinosaur Junior (might be too big- Other? JP?)

Dinosaur Jr weren't too big a couple of years ago when they played in the evening. Still seems a bit too soon to come back one later.

Sleater-Kinney tho. Want that.

7 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

First Aid Kit have been recording, they've not played since 2013 and have already had one album out since then, if the new one does as well as that could see them high up on the park. The National headlining Park would make my weekend (tickets permitting) 

reckon First Aid Kit will be too big for the Park with a new album - last one seemed to do big things for them. would expect them mid/high on Other, or maybe even headlining John Peel

The National are surely too big for the Park. high Other/Pyramid

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think The National are probably around the same level of popularity as Sigur Ros over here, can definitely see them as a JP headliner.

Already headlined JP in 2008, moved onto playing Other Stage in 2010 and are bigger now than they were then. Sub or third down Pyramid, imo. I'd say they're a similar size to alt-J last year and Tame Impala this year who both could have taken either of those two slot.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Already headlined JP in 2008, moved onto playing Other Stage in 2010 and are bigger now than they were then. Sub or third down Pyramid, imo. I'd say they're a similar size to alt-J last year and Tame Impala this year who both could have taken either of those two slot.

Didn't realise they'd already played JP. I could maybe see them third down but don't think they'll sub. Tame Impala were a late addition. Most of us on here - quite rightly I still think - had them third down. Other sub/Pyramid third down would be my new bet (based upon your JP info).