Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Certainly don't seem to have caught the imagination in Scotland. You would think at £65 a day ticket, they might have been a popular booking, but the only type of ticket to sell out for TRNSMT so far are Saturday-Sunday joint tickets. 

I just came into this thread to post just about the same words. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Certainly don't seem to have caught the imagination in Scotland. You would think at £65 a day ticket, they might have been a popular booking, but the only type of ticket to sell out for TRNSMT so far are Saturday-Sunday joint tickets. 

I'm not at all surprised really, if you look at the acts that are on Saturday and Sunday there's a decent amount of fan crossover, probably quite a similar demographic too. 

Friday sticks out like a sore thumb. Perennial west-end-of-Glasgow hipster house band, Belle and Sebastian into the beard-strokers choice, Radiohead. I think this is DFs attempt to move away from having a Calvin Harris/EDM type day. Perfect for a mid-30s beard stroking music hipster like me but unsurprisingly not for the majority of TRNSMT attendees. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I just came into this thread to post just about the same words. :lol:

Maybe that is why Geoff Ellis didn't book them for T for so long? Kasabian and Biffy seem to have played there a lot over the years,  and there is still the demand.

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm not at all surprised really, if you look at the acts that are on Saturday and Sunday there's a decent amount of fan crossover, probably quite a similar demographic too. 

Friday sticks out like a sore thumb. Perennial west-end-of-Glasgow hipster house band, Belle and Sebastian into the beard-strokers choice, Radiohead. I think this is DFs attempt to move away from having a Calvin Harris/EDM type day. Perfect for a mid-30s beard stroking music hipster like me but unsurprisingly not for the majority of TRNSMT attendees. 

I don't even think the support has much to do with it to be honest. There will be plenty of people buying tickets for a whole day event, but with tickets at £65 each, it can be looked at as a Radiohead gig, with all day support really. Obviously if the support was really strong it would help, but you are paying less for this ticket, than for a ticket for an actual Radiohead gig.

51 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I'm shocked actually as they don't play often in Scotland , only dates that have not pretty much sold out straight away 

55 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Not sure there's anything to read into that - The Saturday-Sunday joint tickets are only sold out on 1 ticket seller (ticketmaster and tickets scotland still have them left), and without knowing what the allocations were that doesn't mean anything at all.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:14 PM, Alan_C said:

Ticketmaster still have all variations of tickets available... including Saturday-Sunday.

Exceptionally disappointed to see Radiohead playing Park Hayarkon, Tel Aviv, "Israel

From a band who I would have expected to be socially conscious of the murderous and brutal regime the Palestinian people are up against, this isnt the kind of show I expected them to announce. 

• Upvote 4

On 03/02/2017 at 2:06 PM, brettredmayne said:

I'm shocked actually as they don't play often in Scotland , only dates that have not pretty much sold out straight away 

Last time they played Glasgow Green it didn't sell out and the touts took a bath.  There were 100s available on eBay and at the gates on the day of the show.

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Exceptionally disappointed to see Radiohead playing Park Hayarkon, Tel Aviv, "Israel

From a band who I would have expected to be socially conscious of the murderous and brutal regime the Palestinian people are up against, this isnt the kind of show I expected them to announce. 

Hail to the Land Thief

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ah get off your soap box. They aren't doing a private gig for Netanyahu and his cronies. There are normal Radiohead fans in Israel just like us. What you say about the regime is true but should those fans be derprived of the chance to see Radiohead live just because of the actions of their government? That doesn't sound right to me.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Ah get off your soap box. They aren't doing a private gig for Netanyahu and his cronies. There are normal Radiohead fans in Israel just like us. What you say about the regime is true but should those fans be derprived of the chance to see Radiohead live just because of the actions of their government? That doesn't sound right to me.

Nah, I'm with Mez on this one. It's not about fans, if Radiohead set themselves up as an anti-establishment type act they leave themselves wide open to charges of hypocrisy here.