Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

39 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

I have just wet my pants about this.  I will be in Miami for work when they are playing in the city!  Now just got to work out how to get tickets.

You're doing nothing to dispel @The Nal's bedwetter theory about us all dude. 

• Upvote 6

On 16/01/2017 at 5:33 AM, jparx said:

It's quite amusing given how much I have completely ragged on it in the past, but I've actually come around to the Gloaming. I had a potential RH setlist on my phone over Christmas/holiday so I was listening to the same 20 odd songs a lot, and the Gloaming has gradually grown on me.

That being said, I have seen them play it before so it would be a waste of a spot in that regard.

I want The Gloaming, but specifically I'd like this version, so I can make the bass face that Thom does at the start. Also it gives Jonny a chance to check his emails.

6 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Showing my Radiohead ignorance there im afraid! thought it was Hail to the Chief! Oh well back to the bottom of the class! more revision needed.

punishment is to write a track by track review of Pablo Honey

Edited by Chawk

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

What are the chances that they'll play this then fellow Radiohead mungers?

What a superb performance of this track. Shitting hell. Imagine this on the hallowed turf in June?

I'm really not sure of the chances, but I sure do hope so! One of the Radiohead greats that's yet to have graced the Pyramid stage

Not read the thread as it's well long, but what do we think the chances are of them bringing in a string section?? 

I keep having weird dreams about the weather being so bad that they can't start their set untill gone 11, and then when they finally come out there's only about 20 people left in the crowd as everyone else has given up and gone home. Weird. 

55 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Not read the thread as it's well long, but what do we think the chances are of them bringing in a string section?? 

I keep having weird dreams about the weather being so bad that they can't start their set untill gone 11, and then when they finally come out there's only about 20 people left in the crowd as everyone else has given up and gone home. Weird. 

Jonny made comments recently about thinking string sections not sounding right live and how they wouldn't use them, so it looks pretty unlikely unfortunately, as it would help Burn the Witch live immensely. 

And damn I hope the weather holds up for them - I'd love it regardless but it'd certainly put a downer on the whole thing if we had a U2 level of rain during their set.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Jonny made comments recently about thinking string sections not sounding right live and how they wouldn't use them, so it looks pretty unlikely unfortunately, as it would help Burn the Witch live immensely. 

And damn I hope the weather holds up for them - I'd love it regardless but it'd certainly put a downer on the whole thing if we had a U2 level of rain during their set.

And also that they didn't generally like bringing in external musicians, Deamer excepted.

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That is a bit of a shame for the new stuff really. Be interesting to see how good it sounds with synths and wotnot instead, I'm sure it'll be great regardless.  

And we know all the classics will definitely be amazing. 

Ahhhhhh I can't wait! First time I can remember that I literally don't give a shit about the rest of the line up. And because I don't give a shit it's bound to be full of stuff I love. 

And it's gonna be sunny too. 

Edited by Junglist1981