Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

13 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I think the real entitled c**ts are the one's who pee on the land and leave their gear. They in the end will see the demise of Glastonbury far quicker than worthy view goers. So if I was you I wouldn't be worried about the minority who splash a bit more on their Glastonbury experience to have an easier setup day - because after setup is done it's the same experience really.

So the poshos at worthy view dont piss on the land? I've heard it all now.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the things to get your knickers in a twist over this really shouldn't be one of them. Some people place a higher value on convenience and a few home comforts than others may do. Big deal, horses for courses and all that. 

Edited by Rudi

31 minutes ago, russycarps said:

So the poshos at worthy view dont piss on the land? I've heard it all now.

That isn't what I said. I said people that pee on the land will see the end of Glastonbury. Obviously people from all over the festival pee on the land.

In respect to leaving the gear, obviously that's an offence committed by a greater number of general attendees. 

Anyway it's big enough for all of us, some pay to have the tent set up for them - if you think that makes someone a c**t then there's not much I could say to persuade you otherwise. I'm tired of this now so let's move on.

Edited by mikegday

I just want to know where the posh line kicks in, just in case have enough cash to make the decision. 

buying a general access ticket (you may think it doesn't seem like a posh thing to do but if you go back in the history of the festival everyone able and willing to now buy a ticket would be proper snooty f@£kers)

Caravan/campervan

Tipi

Camplight

tangerine fields

Worthy View

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Take the tipi field for example. The toilets were dirty and the showers were cold the other year. The result? Massive complaints and demands for free tickets and compensation, which the festival caved in to.

This isn't really accurate, I'm afraid.

The only 'compensation' - admittedly, a brilliant one - was an early ticket link and it was more due to a data breach where they accidentally emailed everyone everyone else's email addresses.

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

clearly it's you who has missed the point.

not being stuck in the car for 12 hours to get on site means your body will be better rested and less recovery.

not being in a queue at the gates for 3 hours to get camped with friends means your body is better rested and less recovery.

not having to lug gear for a mile or 2 from the general carparks means your body is better rested and less recovery.

a hot shower and better cleanliness can help aid recovery and make you feel better too.

a much quieter campsite and better built tents meant easier to sleep.

having done both, WV was far more relaxing experience.

and as mentioned, it's clearly not "much further away from everything", which is an utterly daft statement.

Yes, because it's that bit of a car journey, queuing up for a while, having to carry your ruck sack and not having a shower which really takes it's toll on your body isn't it.    Of course you could just arrive on the Wednesday afternoon, not be in a queue, get a trolley, have a shower on site and camp in the outlying quiet camping areas. But hey, better to spend £500 and not have to think about it isn't it?

Also, clearly Worthy View isn't much further away from *everything* - it is near the car park - should you decide that you want to go look at your car for a bit.  And it's also close to Strummerville, unless you are unlucky enough to be at the back of Worthy View - then you are still pretty far away.

30 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Yes, because it's that bit of a car journey, queuing up for a while, having to carry your ruck sack and not having a shower which really takes it's toll on your body isn't it.    Of course you could just arrive on the Wednesday afternoon, not be in a queue, get a trolley, have a shower on site and camp in the outlying quiet camping areas. But hey, better to spend £500 and not have to think about it isn't it?

Also, clearly Worthy View isn't much further away from *everything* - it is near the car park - should you decide that you want to go look at your car for a bit.  And it's also close to Strummerville, unless you are unlucky enough to be at the back of Worthy View - then you are still pretty far away.

they all contribute to taking a toll on your body, yes. not having to do them and having facilities to help recovery compared with general camping are what you get in WV.

it doesn't cost anyone £500, the most expensive is £200 per person, but please, continue showing your ignorance.

yes, it's also nearer to The Park, the stone circle, Arcadia and the SE corner than other places in general camping too.

and the back of WV is closer to the fence than several of the camper van fields, maybe you should save your concern for those people. or do CV people get a pass for spending hundreds on their accommodation because the campervans have been there longer than WV?

Edited by ghostdancer1

6 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

The bell tents (which are excellent by the way) go superfast. Be ready as soon as they go on sale. We missed out booked Scouts instead, however we did eventually pick two up after the resale day and people had put them back on the market.

Did you change your booking or cancel the scouts? 

I'm a little perplexed by phrases such as 'posh', 'entitled' and 'c***s' are being thrown about.

There seems to be a lot of assumptions and stereotypes based on how and what people choose to spend their money on.

first off I'm just bloody greatful to have a ticket and the opportunity to go to an awesome festival, which in general has a cracking atmosphere.

I've camped 2/2 times in general camping area/showered at greenpeace etc.

The flip side for me is having a bad back, and despite using a trolley, my back appears to rebell a the trek from the car park.

Second factor is OCD....it's a bugger, but I don't want to miss out because of it. So camping at TF this year is a first/luxury which I hope makes things a little easier on a personal level.

I don't drink/use drugs so save a fortune that a lot of attendees are likely to spend their money on.

surely the main thing is we all have a cracking time with old friends and new in whatever way we choose to do so? 

I don't see why people get so het up about WV either. I've done general camping, CV and WV, all 3 I throughly enjoyed (although the 13 hours CV journey home means we'll never do that again!) As I said earlier we all loved WV this year with the convenience of leaving times on the Wednesday being a big benefit to our group and also not having to carry camping equipment. None of us are posh or feel entitled, we just like the option of WV. I don;t think there's anything wrong with that, and we all manage to have a great time.

8 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they all contribute to taking a toll on your body, yes. not having to do them and having facilities to help recovery compared with general camping are what you get in WV.

it doesn't cost anyone £500, the most anyone pays is less than £200, but please, continue showing your ignorance.

yes, it's also nearer to The Park, the stone circle, Arcadia and the SE corner than other places in general camping too.

and the back of WV is closer to the fence than several of the camper van fields, maybe you should save your concern for those people.

Sigh.  Bell tents are £500 - I know because I purchased one for the family a few years back (no need to apologise for the ignorant remark), which is when I made the assessment that it actually has very few, if any, advantages and is ultimately a waste of money.  The bizarre Worthy View fan club will continue to ignore the fact that their fears of the main site can be mitigated easily, but I'll keep labouring the points regardless.

Can't really see the point of this argument?

Person A. Free to spend their money how they want, including their choice of accommodation.

Person B. Free to do the same and make use of ample camping around the site.

Had a discussion today with two of our group who wanted to get a tent in TF. £840 for four I think it was. Their rationale? Can't face the walk with all the gear and they haven't got a tent themsleves, having borrowed one the last few years.

I did consider it, but tbh at £400 a couple, I couldn't justify it. The walk (not the queue) was an hour each way at most from east car parks last two years. I have a decent tent, so don't need another one. So.... that would mean the walk in and back has cost me £100 each way to avoid. (Set aside the other £200 for general luxuries at TF).  

Last year I got put on the list for TF by a friend, and never used the facilities. Couldn't be arsed to mooch over for a shower from our field.

Either way, if people wanna posh camp or whatever, let them get on with it. No skin off my nose and it's bizarre that others get so het up about it :)

14 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Sigh.  Bell tents are £500 - I know because I purchased one for the family a few years back (no need to apologise for the ignorant remark), which is when I made the assessment that it actually has very few, if any, advantages and is ultimately a waste of money.  The bizarre Worthy View fan club will continue to ignore the fact that their fears of the main site can be mitigated easily, but I'll keep labouring the points regardless.

a 4-man Bell Tent is £560, so £140 per person.

your opinion that it isn't worth it is fine. lots of people who have done both general camping and WV have decided that it is worth it.

your assertion that they're exactly the same, and that it's further away from everything, is patently untrue.

The shipping or baggage costs that I would need to pay to get my camping gear across an ocean, or alternatively, the cost of buying all new camping gear and then discarding/donating it at the end of the festival make worthy view a no-brainer for me

Not to mention the facilities, relative quiet (I'm a very light sleeper, so this is key), shuttle from the coach lot, etc. 

Not a "posh" person at all, I attended bonnaroo in GA camping 7 years in a row, which is a waayyyyy more inhospitable environment than Glasto

It would do some of you well to remember that everyone's situation is different

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

a 4-man Bell Tent is £560, so £140 per person.

your opinion that it isn't worth it is fine. lots of people who have done both general camping and WV have decided that it is worth it.

your assertion that they're exactly the same, and that it's further away from everything, is patently untrue.

Which is £28 per person per night, a fraction of what a hotel would cost, obviously it's doesn't have the same facilities as a Hotel but ultimately it's far far less than most people would spend on a Holiday, and for a lot of people that's what Glastonbury is, so heaven forbid they should fritter £28 per night away on something they personally deem will improve the festival for them.

I always find it funny how those that have stayed at places like Worthy View only ever explain why they personally feel it's worth it and don't ever suggest to people that don't that it's in any way better, but those that are against it always feel the need to tell those that have stayed in places like Worthy View why they shouldn't, and why their way is the best way.

i find it odd people have an issue with paying money to hire a fancy tent off a local farmer when nobody mentions paying over a grand to hire one of the many white motor homes driven from all over the country in the CV fields. Surely WV is preferable?

Must admit I find this whole argument quite appalling . I stayed in WV last year because it suited me and my wife for convenience and the price for a scout tent was not ridiculous.  We haven't had a holiday last couple of years so thought the price was worth paying.  We are ordinary working people . Not posh c**ts not more money than sense and yes we are scousers not rough arse scousers. I thought the glastonbury spirit was all about live and let live I really enjoyed the whole vibe spirit and ethos last year and can't wait to go back . But let's just respect people's right to choose where they stay and what they spend their money on and like many others on here we don't do drugs or drink to much so our money goes in what we choose. 

18 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Must admit I find this whole argument quite appalling . I stayed in WV last year because it suited me and my wife for convenience and the price for a scout tent was not ridiculous.  We haven't had a holiday last couple of years so thought the price was worth paying.  We are ordinary working people . Not posh c**ts not more money than sense and yes we are scousers not rough arse scousers. I thought the glastonbury spirit was all about live and let live I really enjoyed the whole vibe spirit and ethos last year and can't wait to go back . But let's just respect people's right to choose where they stay and what they spend their money on and like many others on here we don't do drugs or drink to much so our money goes in what we choose. 

The rough arse scouser let your argument down in a big way. You not expecting them I WV?