Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

The rough arse scouser let your argument down in a big way. You not expecting them I WV?

The point I was making is that such comments aren't helpful I am a scouser not from formby that doesn't automatically make me a rough arse . Same as anyone who pays for WV isn't a posh c*** but at the end of the day it's still all about choice and opinion . Those who choose to camp in wv or in a tipi or on the main site what's the problem that's their choice 

4 minutes ago, e_p said:

expect to receive abuse from some people on here regardless.

Ha, yeah I never knew there was so much hatred for those getting pre-pitched tents! This is my first time thinking about it, in the past we always got over on the Wednesday but next year we probably wont make it until Thursday/Friday evening.

but you are KILLING THE FESTIVAL

1 minute ago, chrismcb said:

Ha, yeah I never knew there was so much hatred for those getting pre-pitched tents! This is my first time thinking about it, in the past we always got over on the Wednesday but next year we probably wont make it until Thursday/Friday evening.

but you are KILLING THE FESTIVAL

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

you could do camplight at a fraction of the cost. 

edit as that sounded like I was criticising and I wasn't. Just saying that camplight solves overseas shipping issues and is much cheaper. 

I was aware of camplight - missed the onsale last year though.

How loud is that area late at night? 

Edited by FatAmmy

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think Camplight demand is going to be through the roof this year.

Yep the Camplight cat is out of the bag this year, I am considering it as once again I'm travelling by coach and the opportunity to travel relatively light is very appealing given I have no idea of arrival time.

43 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Let your mates sleep in the queue in the pissing rain on Tuesday night (which they always do) and take in and erect your tent for you. Turn up the following day or Thursday (bringing a crate of beer in for them as thanks). Sorted. 

If only, just me and my wife next year! Used to be a big crowd of us that went over each year. First time back since 2009.

30 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Yep the Camplight cat is out of the bag this year, I am considering it as once again I'm travelling by coach and the opportunity to travel relatively light is very appealing given I have no idea of arrival time.

Demand for all of these pre-booked options seems to just increase year on year.

21 hours ago, russycarps said:

there is little point in arguing with these people. They have to justify spending the obscene sums of cash to themselves, and thinking sleeping in a tent that cost hundreds of pounds is more comfortable than sleeping in a tent that you bring with you is just part of it.

The sad thing is this campsite is ever expanding :(

Why do they need to justify it when they probably have it to spend? I'm guessing WV is quiet? Maybe that adds to the comfort. There's a a load of reasons why 'these people' might fancy trying something a bit different. My rents are 60 and I'm arriving on a Thursday coach to take them to their first glastonbury. I can't say I'm not a little worried about space after squeezing into Darble on Wednesday evening last year! Would I consider a tipi just for that piece of mind? Absolutely! 

21 hours ago, chrismcb said:

I think that for a lot of people, myself included, its the benefit of having your tent/spot sorted and not worrying that your going to end up stuck in a bad spot because you cant make it over until Thursday/Friday evening. I would rather get there early Wednesday morning and get the spot we used to the last times we went over, but it likely isn't possible.

This is it for me, some people are relaxed about turning up and pitching up -I'm generally fine with that too but I do tend to get a bit stressed about it beforehand for some reason.

20 hours ago, willd255 said:

Don't think it's something worth arguing over - if people want to spend their money on it, why shouldn't they be able to? As someone who's done it I would say it's not worth it - but if people want to no need to try make them feel bad about it!

This is it really isn't it? Why bother going red in the face moaning about people doing things you wouldn't do personally? Live and let live.

20 hours ago, russycarps said:

because people with more money than sense are generally entitled c**ts.

yawn

19 hours ago, russycarps said:

Yep and it's my prerogative to say it how I see it.

Take the tipi field for example. The toilets were dirty and the showers were cold the other year. The result? Massive complaints and demands for free tickets and compensation, which the festival caved in to. You think anything like that would ever happen in general camping if a blocks of toilets had skidmarks in them? Of course not. Because we dont have a sense of entitlement after paying over the odds.

Exclusivity never, ever has a positive impact.

Well they sell the Tipis based on some of the facilities available. Why not complain?

15 hours ago, CTO said:

Can't really see the point of this argument?

All you need to see is that it is russycarps commenting and then switch off.  Thats what most folk do.

He loves to troll WorthyView threads and I'm just waiting for him to start dusting off his "No rugby at Glasto" comments, as its a British Lions year next summer.

Oh god. We'e thinking of booking Land & Sky this year. Probably should ask Neil to delete my profile :) 

My two pennies worth on WV. I can see how it's helpful for people coming from abroad/on coach but I'm not sure it really offers much more otherwise than staying on site. An hours queue for showers, queues for food stalls/loos in the morning have put me off booking again. Never understand people's complaints on the hill/distance from the site however. They're really not that bad.

2 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

I was aware of camplight - missed the onsale last year though.

How loud is that area late at night? 

Did it last year, was great in terms of convenience and the location is great however it is loud. Arcadia is not far away so you can hear it late into the night

5 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Did it last year, was great in terms of convenience and the location is great however it is loud. Arcadia is not far away so you can hear it late into the night

There may be the possibility of another site for next year, will be great for those who don't want to their sleep disturbed by The Glade and Arcadia. 
Charm x

23 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

That's interesting - it would be great if they had one nearer gate A.

Having a site close to gate A would make sense considering they are aiming these tents at coachers and not everyone really wants to camp in Pennards either. 
Charm x

44 minutes ago, Charm said:

There may be the possibility of another site for next year, will be great for those who don't want to their sleep disturbed by The Glade and Arcadia. 
Charm x

Do you know roughly when camplight / WV sales are?

3 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Do you know roughly when camplight / WV sales are?

No, but last time there was an early release for coach ticket holders at the same time as tipis and WV, if you go on their site you can be added to a mailing list that will keep you up to date. 
Charm x