Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Worthy View last time and will definitely be back next time.

The hill is not as bad as is made out, but it does depend on just how knackered you are. I bounded up it on the Wednesday, not so much on the Thursday... don't remember the other days...

It's obviously quieter than the main site, which is fine for me. It's just over 10 minutes walk to the Other Stage but it is a bit of a pisser if you want to see something which is on early at the John Peel - that's a bit of a trek.

The showers move pretty quick, though admittedly a lot quicker if you are a bloke!

Agree on the shortage of posh toilets, and they had to ship in more portaloos eventually.

15 hours ago, briddj said:

It's just over 10 minutes walk to the Other Stage but it is a bit of a pisser if you want to see something which is on early at the John Peel - that's a bit of a trek.

You could say the same for wherever you are in the main site, though. There's always somewhere that's a bit of a pisser to get to. Careful use of the lock-ups and good planning should see people right. My issue isn't so much with the geographical location, more the *sense* in which you're outside of the centre of things.

23 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

That's good to know. I usually arrive at the site at around 8am on the Wednesday , were the queues bad all day? 

The shuttle bus to WV would be deal breaker for me. Not so bad on the way in but we were told to start queuing 3 to 4 hours before you need be at the coach station on return. Much quicker to walk across site.

3 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

https://thepopuphotel.innstyle.co.uk/?_ga=1.146684476.925958981.1476115761

Tenthouse suite at the bottom of the page is casa russycarps next June.

Russy would have them rip out the current furniture and replace everything wall to wall with Chesterfield suites. Lazily swirling a large 1762 Gautier Cognac around the glass while rolling a Cohiba Behike cigar beside his ear to listen for moisture content.  

Holy hairy balls.  I'm all for doing the festival your own way, but Jesus wept!

I don't know which of these bits upsets me more...

"The 10ft yurt is ideal (and priced) for one person but acceptable for two people if they are sharing a double bed (additional guest price applies)."  That would be £2,294 as the ideal price for one person.

OR

"Our Raj Tent is the perfect choice who want to spend time with friends and family at Glastonbury. Make the most of this unique experience and make shared memories that last a lifetime". Notwithstanding the £7,495 fucking price tag, what about the memories you make and time you spend with friends and family, you know, WHILE YOU'RE IN THE FUCKING FESTIVAL!!!!!

I get that it's nice to have a shower.  I get that it's nice not to have to worry about a tent.  But come on!

EDIT - clearly I know which upsets me more.

Edited by Quark

52 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Id stay in that tent house suite in a minute given the opportunity...

Hmmn let me see, complete quiet clean comfort (with a bit of a walk) or loud dirty (ok tents can be made comfy).

Absolute no brainer....

Hmmmm, let me see, totally sterile joyless environment with the atmosphere of your average well catered wake, you have to hang around with the types of bellends that think spending 7k for 5 nights in a tent is ok.  Or, join in with everyone inside the fence, camp with the masses, make some new friends, actually have some fun and you know, sort of enjoy yourself.  Nip to the healing fields for a shower if you fancy pampering yourself.

25 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

Hmmmm, let me see, totally sterile joyless environment with the atmosphere of your average well catered wake, you have to hang around with the types of bellends that think spending 7k for 5 nights in a tent is ok.  Or, join in with everyone inside the fence, camp with the masses, make some new friends, actually have some fun and you know, sort of enjoy yourself.  Nip to the healing fields for a shower if you fancy pampering yourself.

I stayed off site last year, spent minimal time there. Was in the festival from about 9am til early hours. 

Not sure how spending 7k (for the record, I don't have 7k to throw at it) makes you a bellend. In fact, to insinuate this sort of stereotype makes you more of one. . For all you know they might be nice, decent people who just happen to have more money than others banked, and don't mind spending it. 

I'd even wager that if you are the social type you probably conversed with some over the 5 days completely oblivious to it.

40 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I stayed off site last year, spent minimal time there. Was in the festival from about 9am til early hours. 

Not sure how spending 7k (for the record, I don't have 7k to throw at it) makes you a bellend. In fact, to insinuate this sort of stereotype makes you more of one. . For all you know they might be nice, decent people who just happen to have more money than others banked, and don't mind spending it. 

I'd even wager that if you are the social type you probably conversed with some over the 5 days completely oblivious to it.

Maybe, I'll talk to anyone at Glastonbury, I doubt they'll give a grubby middle aged arse like me the time of day though.

They do look like they're having a laugh riot at the pop up hotel though, woop woop.

Image result for the pop up hotel glastonbury

55 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Here's a lovely article from Tatler, to be honest I don't think I used strong enough words...

http://www.tatler.com/bystander/events/2013/june/the-pop-up-hotel-glastonbury-party#!/11343/image/2

Gosh!!!

The Pop-Up Hotel Glastonbury party

Black tie and wellies was the dress code for The Pop-Up Hotel's Glastonbury party, just a stone's throw from Worthy Farm. In came Lord Shaftesbury, suited and (welly) booted, and Lucy Cox and Jo Roderick in flowing gowns and galoshes. They downed Earl Grey martinis and tucked into hog roast (what else at a festival?) then bid all their cash on Glastonbury bricks from Glastonbury Reclamation Yard, among other items. Oodles of cash was raised for The Willow Foundation and appetites whetted for the festival ahead. But whether the guests venture out to the Pyramid Stage in their black tie remains to be seen.