Football 16-17

kaosmark2

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

True. But would it make that much of a difference to a team playing once a week? Playing Friday night instead of Saturday etc? 6 days rest as opposed to 7.

Yes let's make it even more difficult for the match going punter.

jose couldn't  give a damn about prem games, neither can the players by last nights performance is anything to go by. The fans certainly did who paid top dollar for tickets, travelling and time of work.

so perhaps Jose and the players should care a bit more.

but hey lets have more Friday night football so it's geared more to the non going football fan.

Edited by thetime

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Yes let's make it even more difficult for the match going punter.

jose couldn't  give a damn about prem games, neither can the players by last nights performance is anything to go by. The fans certainly did who paid top dollar for tickets, travelling and time of work.

so perhaps Jose and the players should care a bit more.

but hey lets have more Friday night football so it's geared more to the non going football fan.

A fucking men. 

Friday night games are only ok for derbies - anything else is a royal pain in the arse. 

talking about something local-ish, I've not seen Forest Green Rovers get a mention. 

A 'town' of 6,000 people with a vegan footie team has got in the football league, tho it probably helps to have someone with too much money as owner

(I guess TGT is going to visit, to add to his collection...?)

I was listening to this debate on talkSport earlier and Danny Murphy actually made a really good point.

It;s fine saying the game should be moved to give United more chance to prepare before the Ajax game (which I agree with) BUT... that then sets a precedent and if (for example) Arsenal are in the same boat next year then they would have to do it again.

But what if next year Arsenals final game isn't a "nothing"  game like United Palace is, but against a team who need to win to stay up. It wouldn't then be fair to move the match in that circumstance.

Or if United were in the running for the title but had this Ajax match on the horizon... Jose almost certainly wouldn't be asking for the game to be moved forward then.

I do get the logic behind it but I can also see why the Premier League are saying no. It would be fine given the circumstances this season but could create issues in the future.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I was listening to this debate on talkSport earlier and Danny Murphy actually made a really good point.

It;s fine saying the game should be moved to give United more chance to prepare before the Ajax game (which I agree with) BUT... that then sets a precedent and if (for example) Arsenal are in the same boat next year then they would have to do it again.

But what if next year Arsenals final game isn't a "nothing"  game like United Palace is, but against a team who need to win to stay up. It wouldn't then be fair to move the match in that circumstance.

Or if United were in the running for the title but had this Ajax match on the horizon... Jose almost certainly wouldn't be asking for the game to be moved forward then.

I do get the logic behind it but I can also see why the Premier League are saying no. It would be fine given the circumstances this season but could create issues in the future.

Even asking for the game to be moved is a astonishing bad form.

just the who gives a fuck about fans behaviour by premier league teams, especially Utd.

Travel arrangements paid for, hotels paid for, people might be working Saturday.

either Jose is being advised badly, or more likely is an arrogant idiot.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

talking about something local-ish, I've not seen Forest Green Rovers get a mention. 

A 'town' of 6,000 people with a vegan footie team has got in the football league, tho it probably helps to have someone with too much money as owner

Of the 4 teams in the play offs they were the one I didn't want promoted! 

I think I'm back up to 11 more for the 92 now. 

When there were a better group of teams the Premier League did just fine in the CL. The recent Spanish dominance has more cultural reasons behind it than flexibility of a national FA to manipulate a fixture list.

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

When there were a better group of teams the Premier League did just fine in the CL. The recent Spanish dominance has more cultural reasons behind it than flexibility of a national FA to manipulate a fixture list.

Defo helps though. Sevilla had an extra day to prepare last year. Although they binned the league in April. Ajax have an extra 7 days this year. 

Who made a big comeback in the 2nd half last year and won the game? And which team looks knackered after an hour?

Extra sessions, meetings, video analysis, physical recovery etc. Huge advantage. 

Just now, Wooderson said:

I think that's a nonsense, frankly. Implies that the club can't compete on multiple fronts.

Obviously Jose is saying they cant compete on multiple fronts and thats why he wants the special treatment.

I say put it to the PL teams and let them all vote on it if they think its a good idea for future years. If the smaller teams dont think so then keep it as it is. 

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

He's off again. Whining away about Ajax being in the tournament. STFU you cretin. 

Normally as a neutral, i want english clubs to do ok in europe. With how Jose has been acting the last few weeks, i really hope ajax thrash them

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Normally as a neutral, i want english clubs to do ok in europe. With how Jose has been acting the last few weeks, i really hope ajax thrash them

I'll still root for whoever deserves it on the night.

Jose is a truly lamentable fixture in the highest echelon of footie tho. Can imagine Utd fans feeling like Trump surrogates defending him. A gobshite.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he caused someone I know to stop cheering Chelsea as his team, to avidly watching chelsea matches in the hope of seeing them beat. He was one happy guy to see Jose's meltdown last year.

Conte seems like a massive upgrade. The team is a lot more likeable, and he never seems to moan and bitch like the others. Same as Poch

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he caused someone I know to stop cheering Chelsea as his team, to avidly watching chelsea matches in the hope of seeing them beat. He was one happy guy to see Jose's meltdown last year.

If they lose their shit-or-bust final the media have an opportunity to settle a few scores.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm one of the few Liverpool fans I know who always wants man u to win in Europe - unless against another English side but I'm starting to feel the same now. The way he's behaved these last few weeks I'd piss myself if they lose this and end up back in Europa. 

A Liverpool fan who wants mu to win.:lol:

Deary me the club is deffo finished.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Odd behaviour for a supporter  in my view. One man can never be bigger than your club. Never.

18 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Odd behaviour for a supporter  in my view. One man can never be bigger than your club. Never.

more than odd I would say, cant bloody stand jose myself but does not stop me wanting united to win.

On 5/19/2017 at 7:20 AM, eFestivals said:

I went to the ground a couple of years ago and thought I would go a couple of hours early to have a look around. I got there and realised it was no bigger than the village I live!

I have mixed feelings about them going up. From one perspective it's good to see a bankrolled club out of wrexhams league. However I do fear the lower leagues (where I hope wrexham to return one day) could end up full of bankrolled clubs with no fans which I think could negatively impact on the atmosphere.