kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Translation: More allegations are coming.

from what I read last night he wanted a job and a benchmarked success to shake off the rep he got from losing the England job, and having got it he's happy to retire.

So I'm guessing from that there's nothing further coming.

After a bit of soul searching due to Mondays events, I was contemplating whether I wanted United to win tonight.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not let terrorists change my life. I wanted United to get stuffed on Sunday and I still want them to get stuffed today.

Yet I won't be as disappointed as I normally would if they do actually win. Who I am to begrudge a lot of Mancs the opportunity to raise a bit of a smile after being so down in the dumps?

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

After a bit of soul searching due to Mondays events, I was contemplating whether I wanted United to win tonight.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not let terrorists change my life. I wanted United to get stuffed on Sunday and I still want them to get stuffed today.

(not too soon, I hope ...)

'Pray for Manchester' (Utd) :P

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

(not too soon, I hope ...)

'Pray for Manchester' (Utd) :P

I perfectly understand anyone switching allegiances tonight. Yet I would be lying to everyone if I pretended that I wanted them to win.

It is all still a little raw and there were a few tears last night when I sat down and it all began to really sink in.

Yet the only way to respond is to carry on and not change how we go on with our lives. I went and changed over some £/€ last night for my trip to Munich to see Depeche Mode and tonight I am going to sit with my mates (mostly rags) and watch Ajax hopefully stuff them.

Edited by eastynh

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Yet I won't be as disappointed as I normally would if they do actually win. Who I am to begrudge a lot of Mancs the opportunity to raise a bit of a smile after being so down in the dumps?

If we dont cheer on Ajax and hope for Jose to be utterly humiliated, then the terrorists have won.

Saying that, i wont be AS annoyed if Utd win and people of Manchester are cheered up. Its no consolation obviously, but it would still be nice for them.

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Won't most of the happy people be in Surrey?

I would not begrudge them a smile either under the circumstances. It was not an attack on Manchester, it was an attack on normal decent people. They want disrupt  how we all live our lives. The terrorists won't discrimiate between people waiting at a bus stop in Surrey or a pop concert in Manchester. They just attack easy targets.

17 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have wanted United to lose every single match they play unless it benefits City since being a child. Wanting United to lose tonight is the right thing to do.

They say in response to terrorism one should do so with love, not hate...............

As you love hating Man Utd then its only right you continue loving such this evening! ;)

7 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

They say in response to terrorism one should do so with love, not hate...............

As you love hating Man Utd then its only right you continue loving such this evening! ;)

Exactly. Have a pint with the rags before the match and have a pint with them after. For 90 minutes though nothing should change.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A tongue in cheek comment that the majority of Man utd fans are not from Manchester. As I am a Liverpool fan from Yorkshire, it was highly hypocritical. 

Thats very 1990s though. Now its Malaysia for MUFC and Norway for LFC. 

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

from what I read last night he wanted a job and a benchmarked success to shake off the rep he got from losing the England job, and having got it he's happy to retire.

So I'm guessing from that there's nothing further coming.

He's hardly going to say "I'm getting the fuck out before more shit comes out" though, is he?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's hardly going to say "I'm getting the fuck out before more shit comes out" though, is he?

Quite. It's only 4 days ago he was talking about him needing to improve the squad for next season. What changed between Sunday and Tuesday? Or was he just talking shit....?

4 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Quite. It's only 4 days ago he was talking about him needing to improve the squad for next season. What changed between Sunday and Tuesday? Or was he just talking shit....?

Just talking shit. I think he just wanted to finish on a footballing note rather than a scandal. 

This Zabaleta story has been doing the round for ages - one of the few occasions I'm happy if a free transfer for an ageing player happens. 

Far too often the player is just after a final big pay day and is unprofessional and lacks effort, and/or is well passed it. Don't see Zabaleta as the type of character to be the former, and haven't seen too much to suggest the latter.

Edited by TheGayTent

12 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

This Zabaleta story has been doing the round for ages - one of the few occasions I'm happy if a free transfer for an ageing player happens. 

Far too often the player is just after a final big pay day and is unprofessional and lacks effort, and/or is well passed it. Don't see Zabaleta as the type of character to be the former, and haven't seen too much to suggest the latter.

I assumed he would go back to Argentina, but checking his Wikipedia page he is younger than I thought and could probably do a couple of years in Europe before  (if thats what he chooses) going home.

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

A tongue in cheek comment that the majority of Man utd fans are not from Manchester. As I am a Liverpool fan from Yorkshire, it was highly hypocritical. 

as i mentioned about 6 months ago, I happened to be on the fast train to London out of Lime Street after a match.

It wasn't empty. It was standing room only. People were dressed in red ... and while the opposition that day also play in red, I don't think they were Sunderland fans going home.

:P

Edited by eFestivals