Football 16-17

kaosmark2

3 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Has the FA ever moved games to accommodate teams during squeaky bum time?

I think it would be on the Premier League to do it as opposed to the FA but I don't think so no. Its complete fucking madness. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/30/premier-league-games-champions-league-scudamore-mourinho-wenger

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Agree with Mourinho about the league game on Sunday. Europa Final on Wednesday and they can't move the game? Crazy stuff. 

In Italy and Spain they would've moved the game to tomorrow night or early Saturday. 

Last day of the season has to have all the games at the same time. 

Jose loves to blame fixtures. Deflection!

Their second team costs 250 million and is full of internationals  They should be able to beat palace at home ffs!

Edited by zahidf

23 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah but if Liverpool finished 5th and Utd with the 2 cups and CL I dont think you will hear many Pool fans gloat..........Utd will have had a better season regardless of their fondness for that 6th position all year

I think UTD fans, after their terrible league campaign and 17 draws, would be wise not to crow this season or act like they care about the league cup:-)

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Last day of the season has to have all the games at the same time. 

Jose loves to blame fixtures. Deflection!

Not just this game but big European games in general. Its in the Premier Leagues interest for their teams to do well in Europe!

This argument has being going on for 25 years now. 

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not just this game but big European games in general. Its in the Premier Leagues interest for their teams to do well in Europe!

This argument has being going on for 25 years now. 

i wouldnt necessarily disagree with that. Bit much for jose to complain is all

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Could United not just play their under 18s on Sunday? or is there some sort of rule against fielding obviously weaker teams in the league.

I believe teams have gotten in trouble for fielding a completely different team . Wolves are the obvious example

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think it would be on the Premier League to do it as opposed to the FA but I don't think so no. Its complete fucking madness. 

Yeah it would and I agree it is madness. It should be talked about and agreed upon in the off season that in the interest of English clubs performances in Europe that they can be potentially move domestic games. But it would have to be agreed upon by all PL teams I would have thought and not just a whim of the PL at the request of one team.........

6 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah it would and I agree it is madness. It should be talked about and agreed upon in the off season that in the interest of English clubs performances in Europe that they can be potentially move domestic games. But it would have to be agreed upon by all PL teams I would have thought and not just a whim of the PL at the request of one team.........

The worse The PL teams do, the more the coefficient drops. It would be in everyones interest. 

Or will they wait until theres only 3 teams from the PL in the Champo?

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I believe teams have gotten in trouble for fielding a completely different team . Wolves are the obvious example

Jose could put out whatever team he wanted and the league wouldn't dare touch him.

All he has done for the last few months is bleat about everything so that nobody notices that he's spent a ridiculous amount of money this year and his team are not better than LVG's.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Its in the Premier Leagues interest for their teams to do well in Europe!

No it's not. The Premier League are pretty good at looking after themselves, and making a fortune from Man Utd when it comes to selling TV rights. The Premier League don't care about Europa League or CL, that's UEFA's gig.

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

No it's not. The Premier League are pretty good at looking after themselves, and making a fortune from Man Utd when it comes to selling TV rights. The Premier League don't care about Europa League or CL, that's UEFA's gig.

Yep and the more teams they have in tournaments like the Champions League, and the further those teams go, the higher the profile of those teams internationally. So they can make more of a fortune. 

Just now, The Nal said:

Yep and the more teams they have in tournaments like the Champions League, and the further those teams go, the higher the profile of those teams internationally. So they can make more of a fortune. 

I know what you're saying, but the reality is that English teams haven't performed well in years, yet the PL TV deals still continue to grow. Perhaps, as you say, more success might increase global interest a little, but if that means moving teams like Utd into slots that aren't 'prime-time' to overseas viewers than I can't see the PL going for it.

Utd and Liverpool will always be incredibly well supported around the world, even if they don't live up to their former glories.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

In that stupid checktrade trophy they were fining lower league teams who played weakened sides and won.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The worse The PL teams do, the more the coefficient drops. It would be in everyones interest. 

Or will they wait until theres only 3 teams from the PL in the Champo?

Haven't they recently changed the rules that protect the bigger teahs. I'm sure Italy have another slot.

9 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

He's said the team will have plenty of the reserve (u23) team players in it.

The point is more about the disruption to training and preparation. Mourinho cant have them training on Sunday. 

Playing a pointless league game on Sunday and then having a European Final in Stockholm 72 hours later is absolutely stupid. Ajaxs last game was last Sunday. Theyll have an uninterrupted 10 day preparation. 

Klopp had the same issue last year. 

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I know what you're saying, but the reality is that English teams haven't performed well in years, yet the PL TV deals still continue to grow. Perhaps, as you say, more success might increase global interest a little, but if that means moving teams like Utd into slots that aren't 'prime-time' to overseas viewers than I can't see the PL going for it.

Utd and Liverpool will always be incredibly well supported around the world, even if they don't live up to their former glories.

Both teams are the natural home for worldwide bellends.How we used to laugh at mu for the gobshites they attracted. We're nearly as bad now.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

That's only one way of looking at it. The other is that by not pandering to the rich CL clubs by moving league fixtures to benefit them, gives the lesser clubs a better chance of getting results against them.

36 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

That's only one way of looking at it. The other is that by not pandering to the rich CL clubs by moving league fixtures to benefit them, gives the lesser clubs a better chance of getting results against them.

True. But would it make that much of a difference to a team playing once a week? Playing Friday night instead of Saturday etc? 6 days rest as opposed to 7.