Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Charliewillell said:

Pretty sure Calvin retired as well

If only! After how big this catching fish song has got I can see him doing the round next summer. Would be a horrendously lame booking for Reading to stoop to but it's not as unthinkable as would've been even five years ago.

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

If only! After how big this catching fish song has got I can see him doing the round next summer. Would be a horrendously lame booking for Reading to stoop to but it's not as unthinkable as would've been even five years ago.

Maybe it was only talk, however there seemed to be a lot of coverage of his retirement and how he wasn't enjoying the dj life maybe he's just stopped life performances, but totally agree with you that he would be a tragic act for r&l 

3 minutes ago, Charliewillell said:

Maybe it was only talk, however there seemed to be a lot of coverage of his retirement and how he wasn't enjoying the dj life maybe he's just stopped life performances, but totally agree with you that he would be a tragic act for r&l 

Don't remember that at all, I remember him saying he wasn't going to put out albums any more after Motion but he's obviously gone back on that too. Would be the final nail in the coffin in terms of Reading becoming the TiTP of the South but wouldn't be that shocking and he'd get a huge crowd.

13 minutes ago, Charliewillell said:

May be mixing him up with Avicii? I think he quit live shows last year, but multiple DJs getting jaded with performing live doesn't seem that unlikely :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

That was 100% the most far fetched thing I put I know that. Yeah I did think that but was going on the basis of a DJ then an urban act. And although I agree with a few pages back of people saying Chainsmokers, I hate them and couldn't bring myself to write it haha

Not many DJ subs tbh, however much chainsmokers suck the only other options I can think of are:

- Swedish House Mafia reunion
- Kaskade
- Tiesto
- Skrillex
- Zedd? (Kinda gone poppy now tho tbh)
- Major Lazer

3rd Downs are probs more likely, can think of a few more:

- Chase & Status
- Rudimental
- Sigma
- Martin Garrix
- DJ Snake
- RL Grime
- M83
- Jack U
- Flume (tho tbh next time he plays he could be a sub)
- Justice
- Kygo
- Mura Masa (at a stretch)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Marshmello shoot up the lineup. He's insanely popular right now. 

That's a shout. I was towards the back of the tent as I'm not heavily into him (I like him, but definitely wasn't my choice to go in there) but the tent was packed and everyone was definitely enjoying it.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah he seems an easy booking for V, might not be a huge ticket shifter but won't be a distaster either. Can see him and Sam Smith headlining there.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah he seems an easy booking for V, might not be a huge ticket shifter but won't be a distaster either. Can see him and Sam Smith headlining there.

Atm I have V down as Taylor Swift with Sam but just get the feeling he might have left it a touch too long to come back. The next 10 days will reveal all, and Calvin would be a lazy but understandable replacement if Sam's return bombs. 

Realistically, can't get better than this:

Arctic Monkeys- Catfish- Wolf Alice- Don Broco

(NME) Dizzee Rascal

Drake- Chainsmokers- Stormzy- All Time Low

(NME) Vampire Weekend

Royal Blood- 21 Pilots- Skepta- Nothing But Thieves

NME- Jamie XX

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Realistically, can't get better than this:

Arctic Monkeys- Catfish- Wolf Alice- Don Broco

(NME) Dizzee Rascal

Drake- Chainsmokers- Stormzy- All Time Low

(NME) Vampire Weekend

Royal Blood- 21 Pilots- Skepta- Nothing But Thieves

NME- Jamie XX

Surely that Saturday top 3 is pushing it, I'd swap Stormzy for someone rawk 

11 hours ago, Jayvk said:

When are the first few acts usually announced? Is it around the start of November or December?

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Usually first week of December I believe

Plus we usually get the Download headliners by early November (if not earlier) so then at least we'll know who RnL don't have.

15 minutes ago, Odessa said:

How the fuck is that Marshmello popular? Have a listen to this (skip to 25 seconds to get to the remix bit). It's hilariously bad and probably the worst thing I've ever heard. I've never shown it to someone and not have them ask for the link so they can show others.

I don't think he actually made this one, I think it's just some idiot who put it up on youtube with his name to get more views. This is more his style:

Pretty badly produced trap with chip tunes over the drop. His production isn't the worst but his live sets are pretty awful imo....

Edited by Mattymooz

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't think he actually made this one, I think it's just some idiot who put it up on youtube with his name to get more views. 

Pretty badly produced trap with chip tunes over the drop. His production isn't the worst but his live sets are pretty awful imo....

Ah fair, I did think it was too bad to be a genuine artist, but I found a few videos up on youtube of the same remix that also said it was by him so i assumed it was. Yeah what you've linked there isn't my cup of tea but it isn't obnoxiously bad.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

How the fuck is that Marshmello popular? Have a listen to this (skip to 25 seconds to get to the remix bit). It's hilariously bad and probably the worst thing I've ever heard. I've never shown it to someone and not have them ask for the link so they can show others.

:lol:

You nailed it there - I will definitely be showing this to others.

I always purchase my ticket after knowing the full line-up but there is an incredibly high chance of R&L having an amazing lineup this year, so I think I'm already sold this year. The combination of no Glasto and amount of new music being put out by quality bands (Foos, QOTSA, Royal Blood, etc.) makes it almost impossible to fuck up this year.

And if they manage to nab Brand New to play at any point in the weekend, that'll sell me the ticket by itself. Science Fiction is too good of an album.

Edited by YoramG

10 hours ago, YoramG said:

I always purchase my ticket after knowing the full line-up but there is an incredibly high chance of R&L having an amazing lineup this year, so I think I'm already sold this year. The combination of no Glasto and amount of new music being put out by quality bands (Foos, QOTSA, Royal Blood, etc.) makes it almost impossible to fuck up this year.

And if they manage to nab Brand New to play at any point in the weekend, that'll sell me the ticket by itself. Science Fiction is too good of an album.

Can't see no Glasto making any difference. The only way Glasto would stop them booking bands is by having them as headliners (and therefore stopping R&L having them because they would no longer be exclusive), and the only one around who would be likely to headline Glasto is Arctic Monkeys.

Last time Glasto wasn't on, in 2012, the lineup was no different to usual.