Lineup 2018

2015 was a naff year? Nope, not having it.

Friday: Neck Deep, Drenge, American Football, Don Broco, Run The Jewels, Limp Bizkit and New Found Glory.
Saturday: Babymetal, FIDLAR, Foals, Wolf Alice, Royal Blood, Bring Me The Horizon and Metallica.
Sunday: Ghostpoet, The Gaslight Anthem, The Cribs, The Maccabees, Jamie xx, Kendrick Lamar, Refused. 

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

wouldn't have said 2015 was really that bad either, The Libertines shouldn't have headlined but the subs and thirds were sizeable enough and there were plenty of decent bookings further down too like The Maccabees, Babymetal, RTJ, Refused, Jamie XX, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice just as they were getting massive etc. Weaker than what had gone before, sure, but still in a different stratosphere compared to this year's shambles.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

2015 was a naff year? Nope, not having it.

Friday: Neck Deep, Drenge, American Football, Don Broco, Run The Jewels, Limp Bizkit and New Found Glory.
Saturday: Babymetal, FIDLAR, Foals, Wolf Alice, Royal Blood, Bring Me The Horizon and Metallica.
Sunday: Ghostpoet, The Gaslight Anthem, The Cribs, The Maccabees, Jamie xx, Kendrick Lamar, Refused. 

There's been good stuff in every year recently, BUT, there is still weakness and gaps all over the place. Also Foals didn't play Leeds and was a secret set, so don't count them and The Libertines and Mumford & Sons should have never have headlined, and thankfully they will never again. The Libertines would have been fine as a sub, and Bring Me were only just getting sizable back then and were a weak as piss sub, likewise back then Alt-J weren't quite there and not the strongest (stronger than Bring me mind, but still).

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

were Vampire Weekend officially classed as third down in the end? They'd probably headline these days..

I don't know I'm just being a bit pedantic, they probably should be classed as 3rd down but the contract will state sub I think.

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

As much as people slated it I personally thought 2016 was a really good lineup

The Fri/Sun was strong for me perosonally (but it'd be great anyway just because of Biffy :wub:) but after that it was a little sparse, with gems here and there but no consistantly strong run of bands and an awful lot at the top of the bill each day clashing with each other. Also Disclosure shouldn't have headlined and won't ever again IMO. Should have just been Foals/FOB co-headline with Disclosure below Biffy.

Mumfords were absolutely big enough to headline when they were booked and announced, FR couldn't suddenly cancel them just because Wilder Mind bombed compared to their previous stuff :( And even during that dead album campaign their peak was still well within living memory, unlike with Muse/Kasabian/Biffy/FOB/RHCP since 

2 minutes ago, KingPin said:

There's been good stuff in every year recently, BUT, there is still weakness and gaps all over the place. Also Foals didn't play Leeds and was a secret set, so don't count them and The Libertines and Mumford & Sons should have never have headlined, and thankfully they will never again. The Libertines would have been fine as a sub, and Bring Me were only just getting sizable back then and were a weak as piss sub, likewise back then Alt-J weren't quite there and not the strongest (stronger than Bring me mind, but still).

Hmm, I've still got to disagree. I had more clashes in 2015 than any other year to be honest. Main was excellent every day and NME likewise barring Sunday evening. Lots of treats on the smaller stages too. Mumford & Sons were absolutely big enough to headline. The Libertines certainly weren't, although I think they could have got away with it if they weren't such a shambolic live outfit. It's not like there weren't other options available that night - deadmau5, BBK & Refused. I bailed 10 minutes in. BMTH were absolutely a sub! Did you see the size of their crowd? :lol: alt-J were playing arenas back in 2015 so I don't see them as particulaly weak either. 

46 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah Alt-J headlined Latitude that year and were allegedly originally booked to sub Prince on the Pyramid, too. A weak sub they were not (much as I personally find them interminably dull)

Every time Prince's potential Pyramid headline set gets mentioned it hurts more and more. Fuck sake.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe Rezz could headline the dance tent next year? She's kinda blowing up a bit rn (and also would add another female to the lineup)

If Dillon Francis plays the Dance tent without headlining, I can't see Rezz being able to. Would love to see her play though, the album is tight. 

1 hour ago, pepesilvia said:

If Dillon Francis plays the Dance tent without headlining, I can't see Rezz being able to. Would love to see her play though, the album is tight. 

Yeah but him and Noisia I think could have headlined that tent anyways imo..... But I kinda agree maybe she'll play slightly lower down the lineup.

Also, made more tweaks to my prediction, kinda ended up with an awful Sunday NME line up, and I'm worried the Friday main may be too rocky....

prediction.png

Edited by Mattymooz

18 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah but him and Noisia I think could have headlined that tent anyways imo..... But I kinda agree maybe she'll play slightly lower down the lineup.

Also, made more tweaks to my prediction, kinda ended up with an awful Sunday NME line up, and I'm worried the Friday main may be too rocky....

prediction.png

Nah that looks pretty sensible now, although in an ideal world Catniss and the Everdeenmen would swap days with Kevin's Parker's motley crew, couldn't be dealing with standing through that monstrosity to get a good spot for Yeezy whereas Lorde > Tame > Kanye would be a dream-worthy run. Also please can Royal Blood be the closer at Reading so Paramore don't clash with Wolf Alice, thank you excellent. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

prediction.png

Looks decent. PVRIS wouldn't headline the pit, though. Lock up maybe but they're essentially a pop band. How and why they've resonated with rock fans so much I don't know

Paramore co-headlining with Royal Blood would be nice, though Paramore need to sort the fuck out of their setlists

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Good so no one good clashes with the main 2 acts. Last time artics headlined they clashed with bombay bicycle club i believe <_<, Stormzy would be the perfect supplement for those who want a different genre and weed out the ones at the main stage who are there just 'because'. 

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Brand New > Don Broco > ADTR > Royal Blood > Paramore would be bloody lovely. 

Nooooo If Brand New are playing I want them to have a half hour NME headline set :( 

Other than Kanye that'd be decent for me and my group.

Also who actually gives a fuck whether a person is a girl, guy, trans or non binary (or whatever the fuck) as long as the music is good and they've earned their place on the line up. This obsession with gender needs to stop.