Lineup 2018

41 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Gorillaz / Kendrick / FOB-PATD would be a heavy let down especially after this wait. There's arguably nothing for the traditional rock fans which would be an odd direction for the fest to take

It's bollocks

33 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Thats fair enough but other than Kendrick headlining, I hope your source is wrong. Reason being what everyone else has said. It would be kinda dead and no real rock bands which R&L usually get in :/

You're in luck, as it's bollocks.

Hi all,

New member here, been following the forum for a while. Just wondered your opinions on James Blake making an appearance? If the rumours are true of Kendrick headlining, I'd say there's a good chance of him playing as well, considering he is supporting him on his UK tour and had a heavy influence on DAMN, plus he's recently dropped a new single. If he did play where do you reckon he would fit? Mid NME?

Edited by Sequence

Just now, Sequence said:

Hi all,

New member here, been following the forum for a while. Just wondered your opinions on James Blake making an appearance? If the rumours are true of Kendrick headlining, I'd say there's a good chance of him playing as well, considering he is supporting him on his UK tour and had a heavy influence on DAMN. If he did play where do you reckon he would fit? Mid NME?

Welcome to the forum! 

I absolutely love James Blake and would definitely love to see him at the fest, I'd say he'll probably be around in summer as he's London based and will more than likely do festivals so he's definitely a good shout. I'd say you're probably right with mid NME :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

James Blake is the right size to sub the NME stage. Can't see him being booked. He's unbelievable live though, can't wait to see him again in a couple of weeks.

Really? I didn't realise he was that big. Fair enough then, would still love to see him. Loving the new track "If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead".

Edited by TheWaters

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Really? I didn't realise he was that big. Fair enough then, would still love to see him. Loving the new track "If The Car Beside You Moves Ahead".

I mean I could be wrong but that's about where I'd place him if he was gonna be booked. He's headlined the West Holts stage at Glastonbury 2016 so he's not small time.

I liked the new song at first but it kinda grated on me after a few listens. There's a video of him DJing in 2016 and he plays the song then so it's not even that new, dunno why he's held onto it for so long. The Colour In Anything was soooooo good, my favourite of 2016 and even better than Overgrown.

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Kendrick looking very likely to headline, Travis Scott looking a good bet to sub.

I imagine they wouldn't put Travis Scott on the same day as Kendrick and I can't really see him fitting under foos - do you think he'd work under arctics or the coheadline?

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I imagine they wouldn't put Travis Scott on the same day as Kendrick and I can't really see him fitting under foos - do you think he'd work under arctics or the coheadline?

In my prediction I have him under the co-headline. I agree that I don't think he'd work on Foos, and they wouldn't want too much hip-hop having him under Kendrick. If Arctic do play I suppose he could sub them just fine.

Edited by TheWaters

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

False. Gorillaz are exclusive to boomtown. Also FoB + PatD co-headline would be dead, I think even FR know that.

I wouldn’t personally believe any festival that says they have an exclusive minus maybe Glastonbury. How many acts have Leeds/Reading had that have supposedly been exclusive but then somehow appeared elsewhere. 

Edited by moams

1 minute ago, Harry Collier said:

Heard about Kendrick headlining. That seems a big possibility. Would love to see travis scott there, his shows are lit. Also heard big sean is a possibility?

I think he was thrown around a bit early on as someone who could play sometime on the main maybe. I don't believe he's a strong possibility but who knows. Wireless didn't list him as one of the UK festival exclusives so he may well turn up.  I'll hopefully be seeing him on the Friday at Wireless if he isn't at R&L thankfully lmao.