Lineup 2018

I'm definitely starting to lose faith that the Monkeys are playing R&L, but there's something about the way the TRSNMT poster says "only ANOUNCED UK appearance" that makes me think there could be another one coming at some point. Dunno if it's already been discussed but isn't that kinda weird wording if it's exclusive? Could just mean a tour though I suppose...

1 minute ago, thelemon said:

I'm definitely starting to lose faith that the Monkeys are playing R&L, but there's something about the way the TRSNMT poster says "only ANOUNCED UK appearance" that makes me think there could be another one coming at some point. Dunno if it's already been discussed but isn't that kinda weird wording if it's exclusive? Could just mean a tour though I suppose...

Obviously it means the other festival appearance is gonna be unannounced, i.e. a secret set. Presumably at Bang Face.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Poster says only announced UK Festival date so can't be a tour. As @dentalplan says looks likely to be a secret set somewhere. 

1 minute ago, moams said:

Poster says only announced UK Festival date so can't be a tour. As @dentalplan says looks likely to be a secret set somewhere. 

I know they’re not really a big fan of secret sets but reckon we could see them do a secret set at IOW? 50th anniversary, they’re playing 2 Germany festivals that weekend so have one day free and are only like an hour or two away. 

Alternatively, could be another set up for reading and leeds the way they have a band play a secret set and then play the next year, so could be arctics secret set and then headline next year?

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I know they’re not really a big fan of secret sets but reckon we could see them do a secret set at IOW? 50th anniversary, they’re playing 2 Germany festivals that weekend so have one day free and are only like an hour or two away. 

Alternatively, could be another set up for reading and leeds the way they have a band play a secret set and then play the next year, so could be arctics secret set and then headline next year?

I think if they're not there this year then it will be 2020, they will be at Glasto next year. No way would AM do a secret set at Reading/Leeds, putting them in a tent would be ridiculous and no way would they do a secret set on the main stage but I could be wrong. The only other Festival appearances in the UK the could make this year would be either Tramlines or BST but I get the feeling it'll be the latter.

4 minutes ago, moams said:

I think if they're not there this year then it will be 2020, they will be at Glasto next year. No way would AM do a secret set at Reading/Leeds, putting them in a tent would be ridiculous and no way would they do a secret set on the main stage but I could be wrong. The only other Festival appearances in the UK the could make this year would be either Tramlines or BST but I get the feeling it'll be the latter.

They did put Green Day in a tent in 2012 for a secret set. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility. I'd be very surprised though.

4 minutes ago, moams said:

I wasn't being all that serious about the secret set but I guess it's worded so it can be a possibility. I think they'll just do TRNSMT as far as festivals go and do their own large shows here, not BST.

I think they'll be at R+L next year. If they're at Glastonbury next year (I don't see why this is a given) then I doubt they'll do R+L in 2020 - might as well just play on the next album after that. With Glastonbury, however, there's a small reason for them to throw in a special set in 2020 because of the anniversary, for R+L there is no reason and it's three months later.

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

They did put Green Day in a tent in 2012 for a secret set. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility. I'd be very surprised though.

Tbf the green day one was horrendously packed and the demand was far too high for logistics, they had to show it on the main stage in the end with the tent being closed off. You’re probably right about arctic monkeys being too big for a secret set. 

I hope they get announced for Hyde park seeing as I work there, but in terms of seeing them live I’d rather watch them at tramlines.

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Its because of that they'd be stupid to. AM are bigger than Greenday and as they haven't toured in a while it would be ridiculous trying to get into the tent for that but after all they are supposedly having two open air stages :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It should be at least one out of:

Radio 1 Big Weekend (25-27th May)

BST Hyde Park (Sunday 15th July)

Knewborth (Mid/Late August cos this Britannia Fest means it will be converted for concert)

Wembley/London Stadium (Mid/Late July because football season restarts in August)

Reading and Leeds 

Tramlines 

Milton Keynes Bowl

Edited by R Shah

38 minutes ago, moams said:

Its because of that they'd be stupid to. AM are bigger than Greenday and as they haven't toured in a while it would be ridiculous trying to get into the tent for that but after all they are supposedly having two open air stages :lol:

Artics bigger than Green Day, behave lol

4 minutes ago, R Shah said:

It should be at least one out of:

Radio 1 Big Weekend (25-27th May)

BST Hyde Park (Sunday 15th July)

Knewborth (Mid/Late August cos this Britannia Fest means it will be converted for concert)

Wembley/London Stadium (Mid/Late July because football season restarts in August)

Reading and Leeds 

Tramlines 

Well if this is true...

10 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I was told they're doing something similar to what they did last time at Finsbury, rather than stadiums. I know nowt more than that. 

...then it's none of those.

Except maybe R1BW but that doesn't impact other festivals.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well if this is true...

...then it's none of those.

They wouldn't do finsbury again when there's so many other big venues they could play. If you look at foos - they played Hyde Park and Reading 2005-6 ,Wembley 2008, then they chose Milton Keynes, TITP and Reading 2011-12, then they chose Wembley and Glasto 2015 (of course those shows were cancelled) and then London stadium , Glasto (and reading?!) 2017-2018.

Also,  Finsbury is already taking up 2 weekends in early July I doubt they'd get permission for more gigs. Looks like LG and QOTSA will be the only two headline shows this year. 

Forgot to add Milton Keynes bowl to the potential list.

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They wouldn't do finsbury when there's so many other big venues they could play. Finsbury is already taking up 2 weekends in early July I doubt they'd get permission for more gigs. Looks like LG and QOTSA will be the only two headline shows this year. 

Forgot to add Milton Keynes bowl to the potential list.

Didn't say that it'd be Finsbury Park. Just 'like' Finsbury Park, so not stadiums or festivals. There are other spots like, say, Clapham Common or Heaton Park. Festival grounds that are out of use I suppose.

On 28/01/2018 at 9:42 PM, Aech said:

At The Drive In headling rules me going to 2000 trees out then, have a great album but god awful live.

You know there are other things to do and you can even buy tickets just for the Friday and the Saturday if you the rest of the Thursday line up isn't doing anything for you. In the past few years I've been I've only like one of the main stage headliners (well two if you count Frank Carter being a co headliner) but I still go every year because I enjoy it so much. It's a great festival and I think it'd be a shame to miss it just because of one band. It's easily the best rock festival in the country.

4 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Sorry but i’m with @moams on this one. Find me a tweet where someone’s moaning that Reading needs to hurry up and announce Green Day...

Exactly, don't get me wrong Greenday are a cracking band live and I personally prefer them too Arctics but the current audience that attend Reading/Leeds would 100% prefer AM. I mean they moaned last year when muse were announced as it didn't appeal to them.:lol:

26 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLXO9Mw6NQ&t=6098s

Sorry but that's puts the Artics to shame lol

I love both bands equally don’t get me wrong, but I was in that crowd and I was in the 2014 arctic monkeys one (both at leeds though) and the difference was mind blowing, arctic monkeys was so much more crowded, you could barely move even like back by the second barrier