Lineup 2018

8 hours ago, VCK said:

Very, very long shot, but Tool are supposedly releasing new material this year.

Most likely won't happen but if they decide to push Royal Blood up to headliners they'd make a very strong sub.

Absolutely zero chance. Less Than zero. If Tool play any festival over here, it’s Download and that won’t be until next year. 

5 hours ago, devilman said:

Out in the real world people only remember them for that good on the dancefloor song and the changes when the sun goes down one.

This is so, so wrong. 

AM are absolutely massive and the biggest UK band. I’m 25 so they were the band when I was at school / college / university. They’re huge. 

6 hours ago, devilman said:

When did Metallica go away for 8 years? Also, the only place I see AM hype is on this thread. Out in the real world people only remember them for that good on the dancefloor song and the changes when the sun goes down one.

:lol:

If that's the case then out in the 'real world' people only remember Metallica for that Enter the Sandman one.

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

:lol:

If that's the case then out in the 'real world' people only remember Metallica for that Enter the Sandman one.

Don't forget the nothing else matters one too! Seriously though, outside of the North of England AM aren't that big a deal. Certainly not worthy of the hype flying about. they're a good band, better on record than live, with a few good choons but all this global supergroup stuff is way off. I wouldn't have minded going to see them at TRNSMT this year but I'm already at another festival.

50 minutes ago, devilman said:

Don't forget the nothing else matters one too! Seriously though, outside of the North of England AM aren't that big a deal. Certainly not worthy of the hype flying about. they're a good band, better on record than live, with a few good choons but all this global supergroup stuff is way off. I wouldn't have minded going to see them at TRNSMT this year but I'm already at another festival.

You may not think they're that good but they're a huge band and a big deal all over the world... they play huge stadiums/arenas in South America, Asia, Australia, and  obviously Europe. Not to mention they headline American festivals and sold out MSG last time they played. I mean look at who they're headlining Firefly with: Kendrick, Eminem, The Killers.. I think that shows they're more than just hype in the north of England.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Didnt AM just announce a bunch of headline festival dates outside of North of England?

Edited by endswithMJ
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Edduk98 said:

does anyone have any predictions/rumours for IOW 50th Anniversary? I know we got 8 acts already but its less than 5 months away and haven't got much else. Anyone got any ideas on what we can expect?? 

Lucky for you there is a whole other forum for IOW :P

1 minute ago, Edduk98 said:

Yeah its dead af. Which is why i asked on here. Then get downvoted? Bit stupid to downvote a normal asked question.

IF I had to guess it's because it's a off topic for this thread :P And I guess the forum will always be dead if people who are interested in it just post in other forums about it instead...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Well, that's just not true? Uno Dos Tre are great albums in my opinion. 21st Century Breakdown is also great. :/

Fair enough but that trio is largely considered the worst thing they've ever done. I though 21CB was okay and had a few decent tracks but nothing more than that.

6 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Well, that's just not true? Uno Dos Tre are great albums in my opinion. 21st Century Breakdown is also great. :/

The band themselves have all but disowned Uno, Dos, Tres, and 21st Century Breakdown was just a poor continuation of American Idiot.

The point being each of Arctic Monkeys albums have been new and refreshing and gained them more fans and are only gonna get bigger, whereas Green Day are very much a band past their prime and are essentially still coasting off their renewed American Idiot success. Arctics would have to fuck it pretty hard with their new album to stop them becoming one of the biggest current global acts.

15 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Uno, Dos, Tre are absolutely tragic. Green Day need to go away. 

Green Day are lucky that American Idiot took off the way it did, otherwise they wouldn’t be anywhere near where they are now. Around the time of Warning they were in the gutter. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Downvote 1