Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That's not what I'm saying at all fml. I'm sure Vampire Weeknd (who don't seem to be touring this summer) and Tame Impala (who are supposedly headlining Citadel) would go down fine, but they aren't available.

I ain't saying that all of Kendricks fans are idiots that wanna see a cwelbrity, I'm just pointing out what imo is likely to happen.

You're right, Foos are there to cater to the causal rock fans, who probably won't care as much which rock band would sub (courteeners etc.). But I still wouldn't ideally wanna put a rap act below them.

Kendrick, although his #truefans may like other genres, I'm guess that large amount of people there would just be causal fans. People who are going for the rap lineup as a whole and aren't "in" for Kdot. Again you have the same issues as the foos day, you don't really wanna crossover genres too hard if you can help it, but again, I don't think they'll wanna do double rap so they'll want someone else. IMO, assuming 30STM aren't coheadliners, them and courteeners look like they're gonna be the subs, so which way round do you put them?

It's like with Eminem last year, I know a lot of his fans aren't as music savvy as kendrick fans, but they didn't go straight from rock into rap, they had ML in the way as kind of a "Buffer zopne" to let all the casual fans have something they can listen to whilst they wait for there rapper guy to come on

30STM are a rock band though. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I was told they're doing something similar to what they did last time at Finsbury, rather than stadiums. I know nowt more than that. 

Ah fair one, cheers.

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like they would be a more acceptable band than Courteeners for that slot though...

All I can figure out is that they’re a bit more likely to be Sat/Sun, what with playing Thursday in Hungary and Monday in Hannover, and Germany being that bit closer.

I’ve got Foos down as Sat/Sun headliner seeing as the last few years the marquee headliner have topped the bill at Reading on Saturday.

Just on 30STM - I think they might be a good shout for Rock en Seine (that's just me musing - I don't know anything). Their lineup has diverged somewhat from R&L's over the last few years so I'd have thought if they did that they'd be unlikely for this. 

Just something to think about. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Just on 30STM - I think they might be a good shout for Rock en Seine (that's just me musing - I don't know anything). Their lineup has diverged somewhat from R&L's over the last few years so I'd have thought if they did that they'd be unlikely for this. 

Just something to think about. 

Yeah but they’ve diverged in that they book good acts that R+L don’t. So Thirty Seconds to Mars remain a Reading candidate. :P

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Rouckos said:

ahahah 30STM impossible for rock en seine. You don't realize how we don't give a shit about this ''band''

in France we're in a bad mood, no date for AM, the last chance is Rock en Seine, and it's during Reading... very scared 

There will be an arena tour in the winter so I wouldn't get too worried :P 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Surprised there’s been no announcement for their English date(s) however. Like, those will be the only ones where their pay is affected by demand right?

I’d guess they’d want to release stadium dates on their own with a new singnle and album pre order details for a pre sale or something. Could possibly be next week when all the hype from this announcement dies down. 

5 minutes ago, shammie1 said:

I see Interpol are subbing AM at trnsmt, any chance of them at R&L?

Not really. They’re at Hyde Park quite a while before R+L and BST isn’t usually one for sharing acts with other English fests. Least not R+L and stuff anyway.

4 minutes ago, throstle said:

Odds on 400 pages before announcement...

There’ll be about 40 pages of posts during the Brits waiting for Dave Grohl’s announcement that never arrives.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1