new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 3/20/2019 at 12:05 PM, Sezz said:

Hi, 

I haven't been to Glasto since 2010, and I was a young, kid free chick in my 20's. I'm going year with some a few 30/40yrs something ladies WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN. Curious to know what has changed in the last 9 years? Keep seeing campsite names I've never heard of? Is Penard hill still a thing? Any advice on best places to camp will be greatly appreciated.x 

Welcome

what a year 2010 was so hot and warm, i remember it very well. loads has changed in a good way I think. the whole site is bigger, back in 2010 i don;t think Baileys Field or South Park 1 & 2 were in existence, being a group in their 40's also we tend to camp far out, it's quieter and i don't mind the stroll back

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone,

Just thought I’d introduce myself. This will hopefully be my first Glasto this year (just the slight hurdle of snagging a resale ticket - I’m quietly confident lol).

I’ve been to a fair few festivals around the UK and Europe but never Glastonbury. Don’t even really know why. I’ve always wanted to go and every year make a deal of spending Glasto weekend glued to BBC red button!

Anyway, long story short I’ll be heading on my own (provided I manage to get that golden ticket). So it would be great if I could somehow manage to meet some new friends with or without similar musical tastes. Just so I’m not a complete loner lol.

Although I’ve not really posted before, I have been reading the forums for a while and everyone seems super nice.

John.

Hey guys, I'm Joana, from Portugal but living in Exeter. I've been dreaming of going to Glasto since I was 13 and this here I'm finally going. I'm going on my own, so looking forward to meet some awesome people beforehand. 

Edited by JoanaV

3 hours ago, JoanaV said:

Hey guys, I'm Joana, from Portugal but living in Exeter. I've been dreaming of going to Glasto since I was 13 and this here I'm finally going. I'm going on my own, so looking forward to meet some awesome people beforehand. 

welcome to the forum ... enjoy and feel free to participate loads ... however daft you think your posts might be they will be useful to someone else :) 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:07 PM, oysterboy said:

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker, have always appreciated the camaraderie on this site come ticket buying time, as well as the tips and secret links on the day itself.

It will be my 9th glasto this time, and i'm super excited to be back on one of my favourite places in the world after missing it in 2017. 3 years is too long to wait! Will be a special trip as well, as I'll be flying back from Singapore where I am based now. Currently glastobating and counting down... :D

On 3/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Led festivals said:

Funny coincidence, I too am coming from Singapore for my first Glastonbury in years. 

@Led festivals @oysterboyThree of us travelling from the red dot then! Leaving Friday 21st?

Recent lurker, about to embark on my 3rd festival.

My claim to fame is that i know the famous @shuttlep through the people who brought me along originally in 2016. He took me on my first walkabout and helped rescue me from the mud. His enthusiasm for the farm was contagious, and I've never been the same. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, Gregfc15 said:

@Led festivals @oysterboyThree of us travelling from the red dot then! Leaving Friday 21st?

Recent lurker, about to embark on my 3rd festival.

My claim to fame is that i know the famous @shuttlep through the people who brought me along originally in 2016. He took me on my first walkabout and helped rescue me from the mud. His enthusiasm for the farm was contagious, and I've never been the same. 

Gregg

can't wait till we get there and i get to see your smiling face walking back to camp Monday morning physically soaking up every last little bit of Glastonbury that  you can 

• Like 1

Hey all, 

Been lurking on efests for a few years, so excited for my first Glasto this year! I'll be driving from Bath and just wondered if any would recommend one car park or the other? Should I choose purely on where I plan to camp? 

Ahoy hoy, 

Long-time-lurker, first-time-poster and this seems like a sensible place to leave my first one.

Glastonbury occupies my mind roughly 95% of the day and efests occupies about 95% of my internet search history so it’s about time I joined the community proper… I’m lucky enough to have myself a ticket this year, my second time to the farm after 2016’s glorious mud-fest. I do feel however, like I’ve been 10+ times just from all my reading on here these past few years so thanks everyone for helping turn me into the obsessive I am today!

On 4/6/2019 at 1:51 AM, Gregfc15 said:

Hello! Lots of Singapore residents coming!

I am not arriving until the Sunday and then have to ferry my family up to Nottingham before coming back down to the festival, so I am going to be a jet-lagged mess. Fun!

Edited by Led festivals

Hi.

New here. Have been to Glastonbury several times over the years, first one being 2002, and then sporadically since, with the last time being 2014. 

Getting very hyped as for the first time I am coming to the festival with my partner who has never been. Very excited to see all of the updates and announcements and then reading all the goings on here. 

See you on the farm!

Alan

Hi all,

I've been to a few festivals home and abroad but 2017 was my first time at Glasto - safe to say it blew me away.

I'm returning in June and hope to be on the farm every year for the foreseeable (excluding the fallow years of course haha).

I've been an avid reader of the forum for a while and thought I may as well get involved.

Harry.

3 minutes ago, Hullsmudger said:

New here, as a registered user anyway.... been a ghost for the last 8 years!

Got tickets to Glasto for the first time since 2013, so pleased as punch!  Only downside being that I am going on my own... is there a solo meet up anywhere at the start of the festival?

Theres a pinned thread at the top of the page ... welcome 

4 hours ago, Hullsmudger said:

New here, as a registered user anyway.... been a ghost for the last 8 years!

Got tickets to Glasto for the first time since 2013, so pleased as punch!  Only downside being that I am going on my own... is there a solo meet up anywhere at the start of the festival?

Welcome to the forum Hullsmudger. Not that you need a welcome, if you've been a ghost for that many years. Wishing you a great Glastonbury, with the new solo friends that you'll make. 

Amazed by how many lurkers there are who are coming out from behind the curtain, but alas, I am one too! This year is scarily 20 years since my first Glastonbury, and I think it'll be my lucky number 9! I've been an avid reader of the board for about half of that (is that possible?!?!) and have decided that rather than just discussing every new topic with my wife, it's probably time to get involved... 

I was a bit taken aback finding out I apparently signed up to this site back in 2006 (!), and have oddly enough never posted a thing. So same as others in here, I thought I'd throw in a little message. And same as Hullsmudger I'm going solo this year, and will arrive at the crack of dawn on the Weds, so after a quick nap and a coffee I'd be happy to hang out with anyone. :) 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:50 AM, Led festivals said:

Hello! Lots of Singapore residents coming!

I am not arriving until the Sunday and then have to ferry my family up to Nottingham before coming back down to the festival, so I am going to be a jet-lagged mess. Fun!

In fairness, being jet lagged should be fine. Awake all night and sleep all day!

• Like 1