new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Greetings Glastonbury-lovers! (in Alan Freeman voice)

I'll be a whopping 67-years-old next month and this will be my 16th, incredibly. I discovered this other-worldly celebration of the joy of life in late middle-age after seeing coverage on Channel Four and determining to find out for myself. I picked-up a spare ticket from Radstock Tourist Information and checked-in to a B&B in Evercreech before cycling to Pilton. Needless to say I was "literally blown away" (as the youngsters say) when I entered the site and experienced the unique sense of excitement.

After a few years I discovered the wonderful Lost Horizon Sauna up in the Tipi Field and became a regular visitor. Eventually they invited me to join the crew and this year I'll be on-site for 10 days, helping with the set-up, acting as a kitchen boy and chopping wood for the sauna. It's an extraordinary experience and the crew are a lovely bunch of cool characters. 

I do feel slightly guilty when I read of the trauma of those who couldn't get tickets and I'm forever humbled to be chosen to help at Lost Horizon. If you're passing the Tipi Field (just above Pennard Hill Ground) do pop-in and we'll show you around. It's a beautiful little haven of peace and everyone is welcome (well, not the idiots, obvs!)

• Upvote 3

Hey all, I am Justin, great site and community going on here. This year will be my second after getting totally hooked at my first Glasto last year. Was so desperate to go back we are actually travelling further to get the coach than the festival is from us (resale tickets) :-)

20 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Greetings Glastonbury-lovers! (in Alan Freeman voice)

I'll be a whopping 67-years-old next month and this will be my 16th, incredibly. I discovered this other-worldly celebration of the joy of life in late middle-age after seeing coverage on Channel Four and determining to find out for myself. I picked-up a spare ticket from Radstock Tourist Information and checked-in to a B&B in Evercreech before cycling to Pilton. Needless to say I was "literally blown away" (as the youngsters say) when I entered the site and experienced the unique sense of excitement.

After a few years I discovered the wonderful Lost Horizon Sauna up in the Tipi Field and became a regular visitor. Eventually they invited me to join the crew and this year I'll be on-site for 10 days, helping with the set-up, acting as a kitchen boy and chopping wood for the sauna. It's an extraordinary experience and the crew are a lovely bunch of cool characters. 

I do feel slightly guilty when I read of the trauma of those who couldn't get tickets and I'm forever humbled to be chosen to help at Lost Horizon. If you're passing the Tipi Field (just above Pennard Hill Ground) do pop-in and we'll show you around. It's a beautiful little haven of peace and everyone is welcome (well, not the idiots, obvs!)

Bit like me, but without the sauna. Is never heard of Glastonbury till about 11 years ago and went for tickets in a flush of 40's YOLO. I'm now an immature 51 year old.

See you in Lost Horizons for sure.

Rob from Bristol here. After lurking and not engaging for years now I've gone gold and going to start being a bit more socialable. 

8th visit to the farm this year, very much in "ticking off the thing I've not done yet" mode, meaning finding the Piano Bar, carving a wooden spoon and maybe seeing a late night film at Cineramageddon after a full day of music. Can't wait. 

• Upvote 1

Hi efesters, lurker signing in at long last from up North. Many thanks to Neil and all involved in the running of this great site.

In particular, I’ve loved this forum: being swept aboard the emotional rollercoaster ride of those trying to get onto the Farm, sharing excitement of successes, learning from others’ experience and advice, laughing at the gentle leg pulling and general silliness and, above all else, enjoying the friendly and supportive community here.

My other half and I have been attending Glasto since 2011, except for missing out on tickets in 2017. This year we’re volunteering for the first time with Oxfam. So excited to have the chance to give something back and see things from a different perspective. Only thing is...can I stay awake for the night shift?

Good luck to everyone still looking for a way in.Stay positive. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

See you in June.xx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaintedInSand said:

Hello! New here!

I've been to Glastonbury 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016. Absolutely buzzing to be going back. I've had a terrible year this year personally, so I'm so excited to escape.

I wanna keep this hype going and this seems the place to be!

Welcome @PaintedInSand..... this is definitely the place for hype. Just over 5 weeks to go and its reaching fever pitch waiting for the final poster drop.

Have a great festival!

• Like 1

I’m usually an efestivals reader but I’m starting to get involved on here now. Mainly because in real life I get dogs abuse for banging on about Glastonbury which means my social media ramblings make it even worse. Here there’s an anonymity which allows me to binge it! Follow me on Twitter for stifled mumblings @terryaanderson 

Hello efestivalers - a seriously long term lurker - I might have posted way back (most likely under a different name) - I’m 40-ahem - been coming to Glasto since I was first able to at 16 only missed a couple in that time - one as my daughters due-date was a Glasto-Sunday and really felt I couldn’t push it that much! Resident in the land of the summer-people (Mendip, Somerset) and volunteering-solo this year though hopefully will hook up with some people on-site. I love that every year there’s something new to discover! 

Edited by Sara_out_west
Typo

40 minutes ago, Sara_out_west said:

Hello efestivalers - a seriously long term lurker - I might have posted way back (most likely under a different name) - I’m 40-ahem - been coming to Glasto since I was first able to at 16 only missed a couple in that time - one as my daughters due-date was a Glasto-Sunday and really felt I couldn’t push it that much! Resident in the land of the summer-people (Mendip, Somerset) and volunteering-solo this year though hopefully will hook up with some people on-site. I love that every year there’s something new to discover! 

Hey, all those Glastos! I'm a teensy bit jealous. Nice to digitally meet you. Welcome to the non-lurking life ?

• Upvote 1

Hello you shiny happy people! 

I'm Mel and wanted to say hi...I was last in Glasto in 2004..so have some catching up to do...any hints and tips would be most welcome! I'm coming with friends but want to wander off into the sunset on my todd as well and meet lots of beautiful friends..hope to make your acquaintance :) xx

1 hour ago, MellieDoesDallas said:

Hello you shiny happy people! 

I'm Mel and wanted to say hi...I was last in Glasto in 2004..so have some catching up to do...any hints and tips would be most welcome! I'm coming with friends but want to wander off into the sunset on my todd as well and meet lots of beautiful friends..hope to make your acquaintance :) xx

Welcome Mel ... I'm sure you will find lots of superb changes .... but also the welcome familiarity of the festival enjoy ... and enjoy the forums its a welcoming place :) don't be shy in contributing ... there's something for everyone :) 

Hi, I’m Trayce and I have been “lurking” here for a few weeks after coming across efestivals whilst trying to find out about Bath & West campervan site. I have gotten soooo many useful tips from my “lurking” ? Great site and great people/posts.

I was super lucky on my first try to get tickets back in October and this will be my first Glastonbury and I can’t believe it’s only a month away! I always watch on the telly with my hubby and now we’re going to be there with our 15 year old !! Now all we have to work out is how to watch everyone we all want to see! ?

Any must sees and tips would be grateful and does anyone know when you usually get your tickets?