new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

4 hours ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Hi, I’m Trayce and I have been “lurking” here for a few weeks after coming across efestivals whilst trying to find out about Bath & West campervan site. I have gotten soooo many useful tips from my “lurking” ? Great site and great people/posts.

I was super lucky on my first try to get tickets back in October and this will be my first Glastonbury and I can’t believe it’s only a month away! I always watch on the telly with my hubby and now we’re going to be there with our 15 year old !! Now all we have to work out is how to watch everyone we all want to see! ?

Any must sees and tips would be grateful and does anyone know when you usually get your tickets?

Welcome. 

They usually start despatching them around now, but they can take a good few weeks to get out. You can track the progress via See. No one's have been sent out yet, but some are supposedly 'in stock'.

19 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Welcome. 

They usually start despatching them around now, but they can take a good few weeks to get out. You can track the progress via See. No one's have been sent out yet, but some are supposedly 'in stock'.

Thank you ? 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, Mrs Dubs said:

Hi, I’m Trayce and I have been “lurking” here for a few weeks after coming across efestivals whilst trying to find out about Bath & West campervan site. I have gotten soooo many useful tips from my “lurking” ? Great site and great people/posts.

I was super lucky on my first try to get tickets back in October and this will be my first Glastonbury and I can’t believe it’s only a month away! I always watch on the telly with my hubby and now we’re going to be there with our 15 year old !! Now all we have to work out is how to watch everyone we all want to see! ?

Any must sees and tips would be grateful and does anyone know when you usually get your tickets?

Welcome Mrs D.!

i took my youngest when she was 15 (along with her 18 year old big sister)..

Be warned, this could become expensive as they are both back for their 9th next month (with boyfriends in tow).!

have a great first festival... get there as early as you can, try not to chase around after acts (as hard as that will be..), make the effort to get up by The Glastonbury sign and take in the breathtaking sight/site....

enjoy.!

9 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Welcome Mrs D.!

i took my youngest when she was 15 (along with her 18 year old big sister)..

Be warned, this could become expensive as they are both back for their 9th next month (with boyfriends in tow).!

have a great first festival... get there as early as you can, try not to chase around after acts (as hard as that will be..), make the effort to get up by The Glastonbury sign and take in the breathtaking sight/site....

enjoy.!

Thank you ? He is already talking about going next year and we haven’t even been to this years ! ?

Getting very excited in our house with it being less than a month away now and yes after reading these boards we are definitely going to go fully open minded and see where we end up rather than try and over plan. Sign has been on my list for a while after so many people here saying to make the effort to go up and take in the view ?

Hi everybody, my name is Adam and I'm a Glastonbury Addict. I'm just trying to find like minded people that talk non-stop about Glastonbury with me.

My first Glastonbury was in 2014 and to be honest, I only went because it was a free ticket, all I had to do was work 2x8 hours shifts, I thought I'd go once and that'll be it.

5 years later and I've been ever since and even now blog about Glastonbury on my website (www.glastoaddict.co.uk) and I can't wait until this years festival.

On 4/21/2016 at 12:17 PM, sloseph said:

how are you coping with the unavoidable ever increasing obsession with Glastonbury?

That’s the third post in this topic and it’s so bang on. 

2017 was my Glastonbury virginity and I can no longer ever imagine missing it. Can’t believe I didn’t try when I was younger, I had so many opportunities. 

Anyway, my wife and I didn’t get tickets in October and decided that was fate, so made a financial decision to not try in the re-sale. Since then I’ve been suffering enormously with regret and have now spent god knows how many hours trying all other avenues to get to the farm, hence joining eFestivals and visiting obsessively. 

I’ve become a fanatic member of the resale club who checks in at least 8 times a day. 

At this stage I *think* we have tickets as workers, although I won’t fully believe it until I’m holding them. 

I pray we see you all at the farm, sending prayers to the universe! 

Also just checking in to say “hi”. Glasto newbie, so enjoying all the experience and info here. 

I’ve a few other (obviously smaller) festivals in recent years (IOW, latitude, bestival, wilderness - and am doing IOW this year in a couple of weeks!) but really looking forward to glasto. 

Not long to go now! 

Tom

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome Tom and blutarsky and Glasto Addict ... enjoy the forums and the build up to the best festival in the world ... 24 days :) 

Welcome all...

23 now @crazyfool1... not that anyone is counting ?

beer reserves were checked yesterday but I did have to shut down a conversation about the weather...(too early)

have fun!

On 6/1/2019 at 6:31 PM, blutarsky said:

That’s the third post in this topic and it’s so bang on. 

2017 was my Glastonbury virginity and I can no longer ever imagine missing it. Can’t believe I didn’t try when I was younger, I had so many opportunities. 

Anyway, my wife and I didn’t get tickets in October and decided that was fate, so made a financial decision to not try in the re-sale. Since then I’ve been suffering enormously with regret and have now spent god knows how many hours trying all other avenues to get to the farm, hence joining eFestivals and visiting obsessively. 

I’ve become a fanatic member of the resale club who checks in at least 8 times a day. 

At this stage I *think* we have tickets as workers, although I won’t fully believe it until I’m holding them. 

I pray we see you all at the farm, sending prayers to the universe! 

What work are you doing? I'm working on the Glastonbury t-shirt stand, waiting (impatiently) for my tickets.

Depending on the work, it's such a good way to do the festival, you do enjoy extra perks. Yet it differs depending on what you are doing.

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome Tom and blutarsky and Glasto Addict ... enjoy the forums and the build up to the best festival in the world ... 24 days :) 

Thanks crazyfool1, counting down the days now! Keeping the excitement going reading efestivals, twitter, the web cam anything really.

2 hours ago, Glasto Addict said:

What work are you doing? I'm working on the Glastonbury t-shirt stand, waiting (impatiently) for my tickets.

Depending on the work, it's such a good way to do the festival, you do enjoy extra perks. Yet it differs depending on what you are doing.

Working in the Pyramid backstage restaurant, subject to getting it all signed, sealed and delivered. 

Mum washing pots and pans and my wife is going to be front of house. Again, all with the caveat of it actually happening! 

We have got a bit of experience of the perks of working as my brother-in-law’s family run No Bones Jones so we’ve heard a lot about it plus blagged our way into a few crew bars last time round with them. 

Our shifts don’t sound too bad and are ina central location, so hopefully it’s straight out of work and onto the party! 

Hey, new to here but I've browsed the place on & off for years. It's going to be my 2nd Glasto, last one was 2013 which was class, lovely weather too! 

Have to admit I've been a little disappointed with the line up, been struggling to pick out many acts I want to see, although maybe my advancing years I'm falling out the loop ? regardless of the bill, no doubt will have a brilliant time with good friends, laughing, drinking and pissing about for 5 days ??

Edited by Casper86

14 hours ago, Casper86 said:

Hey, new to here but I've browsed the place on & off for years. It's going to be my 2nd Glasto, last one was 2013 which was class, lovely weather too! 

Have to admit I've been a little disappointed with the line up, been struggling to pick out many acts I want to see, although maybe my advancing years I'm falling out the loop ? regardless of the bill, no doubt will have a brilliant time with good friends, laughing, drinking and pissing about for 5 days ??

Hi Casper. Every year I hope for a crap line up so I can just bimble... this year I have so many clashes. If there’s nothing on you want to see or recognise, can I advise you hanging around Avalon for an afternoon. There’s some seriously good bands on there this year. High energy and humorous. Hope you and your mates have an amazing time. 

Hey, I'm also a Glasto newby, but my husband and I have a lot of festival experience all over Europe. Glastonbury was always on our bucking list but we never managed to get tickets. Until this year. 

We are coming as a family, we will bring our kid too. I'm just a bit worried now if the tickets will arrive in time (we need to travel from the Netherlands so we have to leave by the end of next week)

Hi Efestival people, I'm David. New here after the place was recommended to me by an avid glasto participant. Lurked a few of the threads in the past week or so, it' looks a fab place so wanted to get involved and participate.

Lucky to get tickets for Glasto this year and it's certainly been a long time since I last attended. In fact it was 1992 with Shakespeare's Sister & Carter USM headlining so I think it might have changed quite a bit in my time away.  

Will be staying in campervan west and look forward to having an ace time hopefully coming home absolutely exhausted and vowing never to drink again  ?

12 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Hi Efestival people, I'm David. New here after the place was recommended to me by an avid glasto participant. Lurked a few of the threads in the past week or so, it' looks a fab place so wanted to get involved and participate.

Lucky to get tickets for Glasto this year and it's certainly been a long time since I last attended. In fact it was 1992 with Shakespeare's Sister & Carter USM headlining so I think it might have changed quite a bit in my time away.  

Will be staying in campervan west and look forward to having an ace time hopefully coming home absolutely exhausted and vowing never to drink again  ?

Welcome David! @TheGoodWillOut and @Kelis

This is indeed a fab place :) and everyone here and at Glastonbury will of course welcome you with open arms.

Hi All

First post on  here but have been laughing at the banality for a few weeks. 

We usually attend several festivals each year including Bearded Theory, Beatherder, Farmer Phil's, Moovin and occasionally Kendal Calling and Glastonbury. 

I am attending on my own this year with WaterAid and looking forward to seeing the festival from a different perspective

On 6/11/2019 at 12:23 PM, Kelis said:

Hey, I'm also a Glasto newby, but my husband and I have a lot of festival experience all over Europe. Glastonbury was always on our bucking list but we never managed to get tickets. Until this year. 

We are coming as a family, we will bring our kid too. I'm just a bit worried now if the tickets will arrive in time (we need to travel from the Netherlands so we have to leave by the end of next week)

Do you have any address in the UK who can receive them, that you can pick up from? You could try ringing Seetickets, it's a Manchester number to see if they'll change your details.

Hi everyone! It’s jay here, just thought I would check in and say thanks to everyone on there Stirling work on this forum. 

So many great questions and chat on the build up to Glastonbury. Do love a good forum me ?

Hi all,

I've been to Glasto every year since 2009 and this year I got a ticket in the resale. After buying a ticket already I got asked to work the build up to the festival so I will be going down on Thursday 20th to work, then enjoying the festival with friends from Tuesday 25th. Its the first time I will have worked there and am really looking forward to seeing the site before everyone gets there! If anyones been there during the buildup and has any tips I'd appreciate them.

23 minutes ago, Carlos_Fandango said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm Carl and my ticket arrived this morning (I am very excited). After lurking for the last couple of weeks I thought it was time to sign up to one of the nicest forums I've ever been to. 

only 11 more sleeps to go!

nice username - tho it probably says a bit much about your age. :P 

I'm aware there's a 'Farlos Candango' registered here too.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

nice username - tho it probably says a bit much about your age. :P 

I'm aware there's a 'Farlos Candango' registered here too.

Ha Ha! never thought about it that way? but I was around when the ad came out in 1980...ish

I'll remember to leave the super wide wheels at home this year, wouldn't want to be too wide for the gates.