Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

Right....we have just been out and bought some stickers and pens!  Neil has quite cleverly popped them into the eFests flag bag.

It could go either way but it's looking like 2016 could be stickery.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Right....we have just been out and bought some stickers and pens!  Neil has quite cleverly popped them into the eFests flag bag.

The promise of a sticker may make me come along! ;)

2 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

You've got to so you you can show us your fluffy jacket! You HAVE finished it, haven't you!

Almost! I finished sewing the lining in today, took two hours to work out the sleeves! I haven't seen much in the last few years so am out of practice! Got the collar cut and sewn, just need to attach it to the jacket. Oh and put buttons on to do it up. Those are tomorrow's jobs and then it's done! I bloody love it! 

8 hours ago, Kizzie said:

Should we do a roll call or are you going to have to trawl through this thread? :o

P.S. I'm in!

I'm in, bringing flamingos to dish out to anyone who wants them and is responsible enough to take them home at the end of the festival.

Anyone bringing children to the meet, I see them as most likely to want to keep their flamingo the longest, much more responsible than us adults!

25 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I'm in, bringing flamingos to dish out to anyone who wants them and is responsible enough to take them home at the end of the festival.

Anyone bringing children to the meet, I see them as most likely to want to keep their flamingo the longest, much more responsible than us adults!

I would love a flamingo for my kitchen.  A drink for you my friend at the meet. 

• Upvote 1

All this flamingo talk is reminding me of an ex. Her CB handle was Pink Flamingo. She had a bigger beak than a real flamingo. I say had because I bumped into her years later and she'd definitely had work done (rhinoplasty is a great word).

I'm worried that if I take one home I will be constantly reminded of her :)

She wasn't very nice to me :(

I hope I can make the meet. Won't know my shifts 'till Tuesday at the earliest.

Right time to pack as I'm heading to site first thing Monday morning.  

I can't make this years meet as I'm working.  

But anyone who finds themselves at the Rabbit Hole Bar either Wednesday >7:30pm or Saturday >9pm, please come and say Hi.  I'm the busy-middle-age-green-face-painted-bespectacled-happy one in the RH stage bar (not the one in the tunnels or the other one that may or may not exist).

(PS, no PM's as won't have mobile internet on) BLISS!!!!!!!!!!

Go well,

Love and peas,

Ian the Worm / Frog / Penguin * xx

* Delete as appropriate

Capture 2.JPG

1 hour ago, Travis Tee said:

Will there be free cheese, wine and nibbles on Wednesday?

Last year Kiz and Neil made some lovely Stilton filo pastries topped with roasted pecan. Paired really well with the Beluga caviar which I obviously wasn't expecting. And the tuna tartare was sublime as always. 

The only small criticism I would have is that the fruity notes from the riesling were slightly over pronounced. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Last year Kiz and Neil made some lovely Stilton filo pastries topped with roasted pecan. Paired really well with the Beluga caviar which I obviously wasn't expecting. And the tuna tartare was sublime as always. 

The only small criticism I would have is that the fruity notes from the riesling were slightly over pronounced. 

Ungrateful git.:o

3 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Right time to pack as I'm heading to site first thing Monday morning.  

I can't make this years meet as I'm working.  

But anyone who finds themselves at the Rabbit Hole Bar either Wednesday >7:30pm or Saturday >9pm, please come and say Hi.  I'm the busy-middle-age-green-face-painted-bespectacled-happy one in the RH stage bar (not the one in the tunnels or the other one that may or may not exist).

(PS, no PM's as won't have mobile internet on) BLISS!!!!!!!!!!

Go well,

Love and peas,

Ian the Worm / Frog / Penguin * xx

* Delete as appropriate

Capture 2.JPG

Ahh cool, I'm in there for 10pm on Sat for Vongoffey!

Will Neil be regaling us with a repeat performance of his dance quintet - his "cycle" - again this year Kiz?

I know people we deeply moved by it, myself included. Mel Benn whispered to me that he'd not seen anything like it in 30 years. 

51 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Will Neil be regaling us with a repeat performance of his dance quintet - his "cycle" - again this year Kiz?

I know people we deeply moved by it, myself included. Mel Benn whispered to me that he'd not seen anything like it in 30 years. 

Largely depends on conditions under foot TBH.  This year he's prepared a spectacle 'The EU Debate and Outcome' through a very on trend steet dance stylie (including parkour :o) There will be sound effects people.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

Largely depends on conditions under foot TBH.  This year he's prepared a spectacle 'The EU Debate and Outcome' through a very on trend steet dance stylie (including parkour :o) There will be sound effects people.

Emily will surely have to move it to the Pyramid.

13 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Getting a bus from Bristol at 2pm so I'm guessing I won't be on site with tent pitched and ready to go to this at 6pm? Does the crowd dwindle after a while or I would be grand showing up late?

i expect they'll be a decent crowd there until at least 8.30-ish when Adam has played his set for us.

52 minutes ago, Birdertron said:

Travelling alone as I have recently split from my gf. Abit daunting, but from reading all the posts, this looks like a good place to meet new people. I'll be the lad drowning my sorrows in a butter beer. 

Have a look at the camp solo thread - I'm sure it won't be to late to get in on it!

I'm going to finally brave my first meet this year! I won't chicken out this time...