Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

Hello all you lovely people. I want to join in the Glasto lovefest because omgosh it's the most magicalist place in the world.  I'm actually working on a documentary about it that's been filmed over 12 years by a fellow obsessee! Were any of you guys at Lost Vagueness? Cos that's what it's all about, and we're going to finish it this year at Shangri-La, watching them prepare their field and then seeing it all kick off (woop woop). We're looking for people to be in a special scene, perhaps some of you would be interested in helping us out? Make your film debut and be a little part of glasto history? I promise we'll catch your good side ;) If you want to know more about the project then fire away, or clickety click on this little link http://kck.st/1T9wxC8. I'd also love some advice on it as a glasto film is for glasto fans after all, so would be great to know what you think?? 

Edited by LauraTiffin

I'll be popping along, guess I'll just have to look out for an X-wing pilot, an orangutan, a horse in sunglasses, someone wearing 2 hats, an e-fests mug, a ginger and grumpy old soft toy!  Shouldn't be too hard to find the group of e-festers.

Is there any chance someone could up load a map with an "x marks the spot" of where the bar is? Despite having been to the festival a few times now, I am famed for having the worst sense of direction possibly known to man, so I still get lost at least a couple of times per day.

I'd be very grateful!

11 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

Is there any chance someone could up load a map with an "x marks the spot" of where the bar is? Despite having been to the festival a few times now, I am famed for having the worst sense of direction possibly known to man, so I still get lost at least a couple of times per day.

I'd be very grateful!

If you have a look at the latest 2016 map here, you will see the Cabaret Field at, roughly, 4 o'clock. There is only one bar in that field so you should have no trouble finding it. Otherwise, just ask a steward where the Cabaret Field is.2016v1.png

43 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

If you have a look at the latest 2016 map here, you will see the Cabaret Field at, roughly, 4 o'clock. There is only one bar in that field so you should have no trouble finding it. Otherwise, just ask a steward where the Cabaret Field is.2016v1.png

Thanks for that, didn't realise there is only the one bar in that field so shouod be ok

2 hours ago, MissStarlight said:

I'd be very grateful!

It's the blue pint mug symbol in Bella's Field near the Cabaret tent here, in the field behind West Holts main stage. On your right as you walk out of West Holts on the main track through the field the one with with concrete benches running beside it

glasto-map2016full.jpg

Edited by 5co77ie

5 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

It's the blue pint mug symbol in Bella's Field near the Cabaret tent here, in the field behind West Holts main stage. On your right as you walk out of West Holts on the main track through the field the one with with concrete benches running beside it

glasto-map2016full.jpg

Thanks very much - this is a great map too BTW. Can't wait to meet everyone, chickened out in 2014, but I'm fully on board this year!

On 19 May 2016 at 9:14 AM, 5co77ie said:

glasto-map2016full.jpg

Just seen this map, interesting to see Dairy as crew camping.

5 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

Just seen this map, interesting to see Dairy as crew camping.

Don't worry - it's not actually. If you compare the map to last year's version, you'll see that Dairy and Paines have swapped names. Apparently, they discovered fairly recently that the two fields had been named wrongly all these years! So what used to be Dairy is now called Paines and vice-versa. 

So if you wanted to camp in the old Dairy Ground, you'll find yourself camping in what's now known as Paines Ground (which used to be called Dairy)

Hope that makes sense!