The Missing Acts?

Wakey321

8 hours ago, Spindles said:

Undoubtedly the biggest omission, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, the lineup we have so far is stacked heavy with acts who could fill the last 4 slots on any stage and it looks unlikely that such slots are free for a band of their size right now.

I'm still hopelessly optimistic that they are going to be a late surprise for us.  That perfect gap in their touring schedule that sees them finish a US tour a week before and playing European festivals from the week after just has to be for a reason (clutching at straws to the bitter end).

I think the biggest positive you can hang on to at the moment is there's nothing going on uk festival wise. Maybe there's a reason why an announcement for any festival is being held back. Very unusual. Can see them being the last headliner at bestival but don't see them as an 'exclusive.' Surely would have been announced early doors for that to increase ticket sales and payment plans etc.

Nothing to stop glasto adding a few more names to yesterday's poster in a few weeks. Been done before! (Metallica?)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, this is what I'm clinging to.  Last few years the final lineup has included a few big names that weren't on the initial poster and some that weren't even seemingly on the radar for the slots they played so I'm hoping that they (and a few more) will be nice surprises in a few weeks when we know more.

41 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yup, this is what I'm clinging to.  Last few years the final lineup has included a few big names that weren't on the initial poster and some that weren't even seemingly on the radar for the slots they played so I'm hoping that they (and a few more) will be nice surprises in a few weeks when we know more.

yea man I agree. Good so far but a few decent extras over the next few weeks would sweeten it up even more. A few font size adjustments and we could see a fair few more acts on that poster by April! 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

As a proud Brummie I'll always have a soft spot for them (Villa Leisure Centre in 95 was my first gig) but they've been awful last few times I've seen them.

Maybe I've just been lucky. I do remember the drinks had been flowing by the time they were on :)

On 3/29/2016 at 11:11 AM, DeanoL said:

Nah, Eavis won't let comedy acts on the main stage and they're too big for the tents. (Aka the answer to Why doesn't Bill Bailey ever play Glastonbury anymore?)

Where've you pulled that 'fact' from? I saw Spinal Tap on the Pyramid stage in 2009 I think it was...

19 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I saw them at Y not festival last year and I thought they were superb. I am a little biased though as I do love them but the rest of the crowd also seemed to love them. 

I suppose even the best bands can have an off day.

I am also biased on the matter, must of seen them a good 15 times since my dad first took me when i was 11! 

Never seen them at Glasto though, would make my weekend if they were added.

18 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Still hoping they (Royal Blood) pop up somewhere. 

Doubt they'll appear on the 'line up' but I wouldn't be surprised if they do a secret Williams Green gig to promote new music like Bastille did last year if I remember correctly. 

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

not yet announced WHs headliner but I don't see it.

I think this is very plausible for Faithless, they'd definitely be a good option to put up against Adele. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't most of the acts that got added after the initial poster last year acts that had a number of other UK festival shows going on, dunno if that has any significance at all but Faithless would fall into that category this year. 

55 minutes ago, Cammers said:

A few personal likes that would be cool to see in the full announcement:

Tame Impala
The Japanese House
Alabama Shakes
SBTRKT
Lonely The Brave
Bears Den
Koan Sound
Mystery Jets
John Butler Trio

I believe Mystery Jets have self-confirmed

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Massive lack of shoegaze/dreampop stuff for me - Lush, Slowdive, Ride, Beach House etc. - but I'm guess (hoping) that lot will pad out The Park's daytime slots in later announcements 

I always hope for a bit more of the old school indies stuff to be there but sometimes I wonder whether I should be going to that Butlins Shiiine on weekender instead!  More my era like (bit no doubt full of dickheads)