Download 2017

Hart Attack

8 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Fake?

download.png.8eb9720e5a1c464fa967bf644444544e.png

Pretty confident that is fake.

Cant see Limp Bizkit over SP as SP did a solo headline arena tour, LB did a shared.

BMTH won't play unless they headline and ADTR would sub now.

Also we aren't getting both GnR and Metallica, maybe one but not both.

Also poor quality.

Edited by Gozpot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've done four final guesses but this is the final one.

SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Mastodon / Of Mice & Men

Linkin Park, Alter Bridge, Stone Sour / Rancid

Aerosmith, Steel Panther, Alice in Chains / Parkway Drive

Only thing with that, there's 2  of the headliners from 2014 and sales weren't that great that year.  Aerosmith and LP are no more attractive today as they were in 14 and in LPs case they headlined them playing hybrid theory. If the purpose of the festival is to shift tickets, booking top headliners like this year surely must be the strategy. I still hope they announce either GnR or Metallica bur there's nothing out there to suggest either are booked.  Hoping to be surprised 

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Only thing with that, there's 2  of the headliners from 2014 and sales weren't that great that year.  Aerosmith and LP are no more attractive today as they were in 14 and in LPs case they headlined them playing hybrid theory. If the purpose of the festival is to shift tickets, booking top headliners like this year surely must be the strategy. I still hope they announce either GnR or Metallica bur there's nothing out there to suggest either are booked.  Hoping to be surprised 

Copping's twitter saying you'll see why I'm the greatest is probably him securing Rancid or something. The bleak idea of GNR would have to get me there for two days....not worried about that though.

Just now, Gozpot said:

I'd say the tour rules them out more.

Not what I meant, but where was this Gozpot before yesterday? :lol:

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Or people have had the piss taken out them when they've shared stuff they've heard in the past so can't be arsed sharing anymore. 

It's not really a leak unless it's someone accidentally putting up an official announcement. But fair point, sorry Black_Crow. :P

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, and when he wasn't, Jordan the backing singer was using one. When Oli did actually sing, he sounded ropey and kept half singing everything to let the crowd finish it off. Been taking pointers from Jared Leto, clearly. 

The initial impact of the stage show was good, but after a little while you soon realise that all the pretty lights and streamers are great if you want to be distracted away from a singer who isn't actually doing what he is there to do. 

Setlist was poor. It feels really stagnant now. One song pre-Sempiternal, and that was Chelsea Smile which most of the crowd looked bemused at. Even that song feels stale now as it is the only older one thy play. Not a single track from There Is A Hell... not even Blessed With A Curse. The fact they played Crucify Me which is without a doubt their greatest piece of work to date on Monday at the O2 but decided to drop it for the following shows really riled me up. I guarantee it's because it got little to no crowd reaction from the people they now attract as fans. 

The tracks they choose to play from Sempiternal are getting really boring now, the same ones over and over again. That's The Spirit's material went down the best. Avalanche, Follow You and True Friends all went down well. That Oh No song is a fucking travesty and I don't want to acknowledge it. 

I really don't feel like I fit in with the kind of crowd they attract anymore. At all. As a fan since Suicide Season it really saddens me what they've become. I know some bands have to change in order to get bigger, but I struggle to think of a band who have sold out as shamelessly and decided to ignore their past like BMTH have over the last couple of years. They don't resemble the band I love at all anymore. 

Interestingly, the standing area was really quiet. Not even two thirds full, I would say from looking down as I left (we left before the band had even finished. Didn't hang around for the end). Enter Shikari's standing area was busier in February at the arena, and that's not just me saying that because I love Shikari. Seats at BMTH tonight were packed, standing area was not by any stretch. 

Oh, and they only played for 80mins, which is inexcusable and a piss poor showing for a band who are headlining arenas. 

After being a long time supporter of them headlining Download, I take it back. BMTH as they are now would go down like a lead balloon and I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I believe they would pull one of the smallest headline crowds the festival has seen. If that's the best our world has to offer as a leading light for the future and the next generation of festival headliners, then our world is fucked more than I realised. 

On the other hand, the crap I saw tonight would go down a storm at Reading & Leeds with the client base they have in 2016. 

DAMN IT ENTER SHIKARI SHOULD BE THAT BIG. 

Really!?! Shit man. They were incredible at Leeds last year and great at Doncaster as well so I was tempted to get a ticket closer to the time but if that's the case I might not bother. Oh well

10 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Really!?! Shit man. They were incredible at Leeds last year and great at Doncaster as well so I was tempted to get a ticket closer to the time but if that's the case I might not bother. Oh well

Sucks, dude. I can honestly say I have never been so let down by a gig in all my life. Looking back in it today and it's just ridiculous. It's ridiculous what they have become. 

Even Don Broco, who I know aren't that popular on here, seemed subdued because they clearly saw they weren't playing to their normal audience. Broco are a band I've seen seven times (more than any other) and they ALWAYS give it their all and put on a great show. And to see them trying to get the crowd going and failing was really frustrating. Performance wise though they showed BMTH up, even when it was clear they were cruising. 

Rob asked the crowd who had heard their first album 'Priorities' before playing Actors and I could probably count the people who shouted around me on my two hands. Actors is usually a highlight of their set and always gets awesome pits, but this was pathetic. It was genuinely people pencil jumping up and down way out of time to the music. 

On a slightly happier note, I was proud of the funny I made when they played Antivist (which is a dreadful song and always has been). I changed the lyrics to "Middle fingers up 'cause BMTH suck" :ninja::lol: