Download 2017

Hart Attack

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Well it's not going to be much of a secret set now :rofl:

I literally thought that as I sent my reply hahaa!!

They did it at Reading 2012, and there must be some reason they accidentally added them to the poster..

SOAD, LP, Blink AND Green Day just seems waaay too big to happen in one year

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

surely there's a chance ATDI playing. Didn't play any uk festivals last year. Are still active. Also Alexisonfire could be possible as they're touring Austrailia next year 

Andy did tweet that he tried to get Alexisonfire when the reformed a few years ago but their touring schedule didn't fit.

They were fantastic at Reading a few years ago

2 hours ago, coreyt409 said:

What was that whole 'Green Day' thing then?

So much going on! my head hurts..

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a mistake and they were part of an original want. 

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It's happening at Nova Rock this year 

But they have 4 days of music so one each night.

8 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Wasn't a fuck up was it? I thought they were booked originally then cancelled the UK/Europe run altogether.

ah that makes sense. still a fuck up to have the poster sent out so early on though. certainly hope Download manages to rebook them at some point then if that was the case 'cause lord knows it'd be a huge booking for them 

41 minutes ago, devilman said:

Wasn't it the Vodafone leak that sent PJ scurrying back?

That was the poster sent to sponsors a fortnight before the announcement. Pearl jam got cold feet about playing a metal festival so copping managed to rope slipknot in at the last minute. 

Vodafone put the announcement up early not knowing pearl jam had been replaced by slipknot. It was literally a few days before the presale announcement that they got slipknot sorted

Well its the frenchies, wouldnt surprise me if it was a stupid mistake or if they had options on both Blink and Green Day and somebody made a poster with all four and one had to be removed later, and some asshat uploaded the wrong one.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but last year there was a 'leaked' Hellfest poster which looked very real, original style and formatting, which was not publically known at that time, had AC/DC, Metallica, Tool, Linkin Park and more on it. Was even hosted somewhere in a folder on the official Hellfest site. So probably one of the developer there was bored as well or just made a mock-up that was somehow publically accessible.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Not sure how much we can read into that all will come clear in 2 days time anyway

If we want an update, here's some food for thought - on Tuesday midweek sales flash, A7X's The Stage is tenth. Estimation... I'd say about 8,000 sold so far.

I know it was a "surprise" release - but am I right in saying it's also physically available? if so, 8,000 - two thousand copies a day is...painful. 

To contrast ...

That's The Spirit sold 43,500.

Revolution Radio sold 30,000.

Future Hearts (!) sold 19,000.

The Stage? Tops is 15,000 - and i could be overestimating. 

SoaD and Blink seem 99% likely to be there all things considered.

Just the last slot that is up for grabs and I cannot see it being A7x still, no European festival announcements, a tour that still hasn't sold out most (possibly all) dates.

Regardless of who the third is its not going to be a surprise and someone will have guessed that band months ago.

At this point I'm more interested in the undercard and what bands we will be getting there.

16 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

If we want an update, here's some food for thought - on Tuesday midweek sales flash, A7X's The Stage is tenth. Estimation... I'd say about 8,000 sold so far.

I know it was a "surprise" release - but am I right in saying it's also physically available? if so, 8,000 - two thousand copies a day is...painful. 

To contrast ...

That's The Spirit sold 43,500.

Revolution Radio sold 30,000.

Future Hearts (!) sold 19,000.

The Stage? Tops is 15,000 - and i could be overestimating. 

fairly sure the album is only available through iTunes and Spotify and hasn't been physically released yet. i don't think their album doing shitty in the charts would be any indication that they couldn't headline next year, although their lack of festival dates still looks quite telling (although why they're not at any festivals thus far is a mystery)