Download 2017

Hart Attack

Just now, Gozpot said:

Larger hardcore fanbase but less general appeal i would say.

It's a shame really because A7X have been slaving away for years and still haven't cracked that mainstream audience, yet LP are still flogging 15 year old tunes!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jparx said:

It's a shame really because A7X have been slaving away for years and still haven't cracked that mainstream audience, yet LP are still flogging 15 year old tunes!

I think it's largely because Linkin Park hit the scene at the perfect moment with a really fresh sound (at the time). Where as Avenged didn't conform to the big trend of Nu-Metal.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah fair enough. LP have been dwindling for years and nobody's even entertaining them playing next year so it's clear they're not well thought of. All I know about A7X is one or two songs and their Street Shark names.

I don't really know what LP are up to nowadays. I saw them headline in '07 and it was pretty good from what I remember. Although Manson had a complete nightmare before hand, so anything would have seemed decent after that.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't really know what LP are up to nowadays. I saw them headline in '07 and it was pretty good from what I remember. Although Manson had a complete nightmare before hand, so anything would have seemed decent after that.

They had a couple of poor album but the latest was more back to their old sound than anything else has been in a long time

5 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

They had a couple of poor album but the latest was more back to their old sound than anything else has been in a long time

They sure don't seem like headliner material nowadays.

Mebbe:
SOAD - LP

Green Day - Blink

Metallica/GnR - A7X

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Can't see them knocking down both LP and A7x in one year, especially as they only just made them headliners a few years ago.

You're right, but it's a lot of acts to fit in to 3 headline slots!

Unless Metallica do Reading and GnR are at Glastonbury, leaving SOAD, A7X and Green Day as the Download headliners.

Just now, jparx said:

You're right, but it's a lot of acts to fit in to 3 headline slots!

Unless Metallica do Reading and GnR are at Glastonbury, leaving SOAD, A7X and Green Day as the Download headliners.

Metallica aren't doing festivals and only did Reading in 2015, GnR will probably do their own shows, A7x don't seem to be doing festivals as they've had none announced, Green Day doing BST rules them out

Download UK will be SoaD, Blink and then probably Aerosmith

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Metallica aren't doing festivals and only did Reading in 2015, GnR will probably do their own shows, A7x don't seem to be doing festivals as they've had none announced, Green Day doing BST rules them out

Download UK will be SoaD, Blink and then probably Aerosmith

That's that then! That's what I get for speculating on a festival I don't keep up with anymore :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Very imaginative guess lol. Some are easily pleased ;)

I'd be over the moon with that set of headliners. I'd be the bet trio Download has ever had for my personal taste. 

System / Prophets of Rage / Lamb of God

Blink / Limp Bizkit / Jimmy Eat World 

Avenged / Alter Bridge / Stone Sour 

Get it done :P