Download 2017

Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Blink are announcing their own tour dates then possibly they could be sub-headlining at Download, that way they get their own dates and Download doesn't have a headliner anywhere else.

Could work out quite well with something like:

SoaD, Linkin Park and Aerosmith/A7x with Blink, Alter Bridge and Steel Panther as subs.

8 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

If Blink are announcing their own tour dates then possibly they could be sub-headlining at Download, that way they get their own dates and Download doesn't have a headliner anywhere else.

Could work out quite well with something like:

SoaD, Linkin Park and Aerosmith/A7x with Blink, Alter Bridge and Steel Panther as subs.

Blink won't be subbing. If they play their own dates they won't be at Download.

I picked up the new Avenged album on Friday in town, no idea how they managed to keep it a secret until the day before release when they had CDs being produced and shipped everywhere. So yeah 8000 sales as of yesterday is pretty weak, but it's a brilliant album, much better than Hail To The King. Check out Paradigm and God Damn for a taste of it if you can't be arsed with all 73 minutes straight away.

I fancy doing a new festival this year, if two of the headliners are Avenged and System that's a big step towards me going to Download. Provided I can find someone selling a spare closer to the time cos it's never gonna be worth £220.

Metal hammer just posted about the potential download headliners, this is what they said about blink..

'Blink confirmed themselves for the French leg of Download, and given that drummer Travis Barker only travels by boat, it is a near certainty that they will slay multiple birds with a single stone by heading around Europe before he sails home – though will Blink without original co-frontman Tom DeLonge be a big enough draw to top the Download bill?

Likelihood: High, though not necessarily as a main stage headliner.'

that last bit - not necessarily as a main stage headliner - weird that even they would think that right?

4 hours ago, foolee said:

I think if they announce their own tour I highly doubt they're going to play download, so it'll probably end up being SOAD with two of A7X/Metallica/Linkin Park/Aerosmith

I think that probably rules out Download here, they are not subbing Download when they could headline Reading for example if they were hear for it. 

I think SOAD, A7X then Aerosmith/LP imo is near certainty.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think that probably rules out Download here, they are not subbing Download when they could headline Reading for example if they were hear for it. 

I think SOAD, A7X then Aerosmith/LP imo is near certainty.

Unless it's untrue about Metallica not touring then they could be in with a shout but with none of the June/July festivals announcing them yet I can't see it happening tbh.

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

Unless it's untrue about Metallica not touring then they could be in with a shout but with none of the June/July festivals announcing them yet I can't see it happening tbh.

Or unless A7X were lined up and there was a change as it is seen as a poor booking and up with LP and Aerosmith.....that's not an unlikely scenario. But Blink aren't going to be doing and interview and promoting over Sunday and Monday for an announcement tomorrow. 

Blink can still play. Everyone is focusing on touring before or after. Reading last year FOB announced a tour before they played. Biffy had told many mags they where touring before the end of the year. Foals played Glastonbury and disclosure played wildlife. The announcement could be off headlining or playing D/L and doing small gigs and then support green day at BST. Because of travis not liking to fly it makes sense they will cramp 6 weeks of euro events and milk it before people get bored of them again 

6 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

Blink can still play. Everyone is focusing on touring before or after. Reading last year FOB announced a tour before they played. Biffy had told many mags they where touring before the end of the year. Foals played Glastonbury and disclosure played wildlife. The announcement could be off headlining or playing D/L and doing small gigs and then support green day at BST. Because of travis not liking to fly it makes sense they will cramp 6 weeks of euro events and milk it before people get bored of them again 

You miss the point that Travis doesn't fly, therefore is Blink are doing UK tour dates, it'll be whilst they're already in Europe, so around Download.

11 minutes ago, kaip said:

Live nation stop every band on the bill announcing a tour until they've played the festival

Sabbath were only allowed to put flyers out on the Friday of download 

So you're saying every band at Download 2017 will be banned for announcing a tour, even if that tour is in March before Download yeah that's not happening.

Edited by Gozpot

48 minutes ago, Muggy12345678 said:

It's not happening either way but Green Day support with not be Blink 182......how weak would you like Download to look?, not only will they have repeats back again....including bands that are either not relevant much now or having trouble selling an overbooked tour....but they also have a headline act that are playing a positioning for which they could have easily subbed Download instead.