Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Might be reason to make them co-headline with Blink...i will keep dreaming.

Even so, they wouldn't be on before Blink. No idea how it'll work out if that leak is true but if DL UK is someone like Aerosmith, SOAD and Linkin Park/Blink then I bet there'll be plenty going off to Paris from the UK

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even so, they wouldn't be on before Blink. No idea how it'll work out if that leak is true but if DL UK is someone like Aerosmith, SOAD and Linkin Park/Blink then I bet there'll be plenty going off to Paris from the UK

Put it this way, if Green Day are at Download France then i will be unless UK pulls out some amazing acts.

SoaD, Linkin Park, Blink and Green Day is too good for me to pass up, especially as i would likely end up going to Green Days BST show ontop of Download UK

Edited by Gozpot

8 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Put it this way, if Green Day are at Download France then i will be unless UK pulls out some amazing acts.

SoaD, Linkin Park, Blink and Green Day is too good for me to pass up, especially as i would likely end up going to Green Days BST show ontop of Download UK

It's not too much of a shock as Nova Rock have it don't they?, have to remember that Download UK rarely matches it's euro similarities around the time.

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'd be over the moon with that set of headliners. I'd be the bet trio Download has ever had for my personal taste. 

System / Prophets of Rage / Lamb of God

Blink / Limp Bizkit / Jimmy Eat World 

Avenged / Alter Bridge / Stone Sour 

Get it done :P 

So a band that can't sing live lol and one who's unsold UK tour before this was too big for them? ;P

Don't put that shit below SOAD 

30 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Might be reason to make them co-headline with Blink...i will keep dreaming.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  If BST had been a quick sell out there might have been a chance, but I'd imagine BST will cover their line up with some exclusivity.  I might be wrong though

33 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I'd guess GD are France only.  Just can't see them doing DL uk and BST within a month.  The Hyde Park gig hasn't sold out 

Neil has already said that Green Day won't be doing both in the same way that Blink won't be doing an arena tour in July if they are announced for Download......virtually no chance at all, and defo not Birmingham dates.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You realize Mark has never been that good live either and while Tom was awful.....take out vocalists and the sound that makes a band what they are is gone.

Well having seen them live three times I think I am overqualified to judge his voice and I can tell you there has been nothing wrong with his singing anytime I've seen them.

Will it not be strange for Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold if they don't play any uk festivals the year they bring new albums out? 

Could we see Linkin Park or Avenged Sevenfold headlining R&L as there seems to be slim pickings for them next year for what is on offer and announced so far, obviously a lot can change with different bands announcing tours! 

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You realize Mark has never been that good live either and while Tom was awful.....take out vocalists and the sound that makes a band what they are is gone.

And you realise that's Chester Bennington sounds a shell of the man he used to be and relies on a backing track? 

My Mrs noticed a page I had open and asked, Are Blink 182 playing at Download ?.  I said it looks possible.  She says' I like them, really good pop singalong.  She also like Snow Patrol.

That conversation alone should render Blink banned from being anywhere near Download ^_^

13 minutes ago, foolee said:

Will it not be strange for Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold if they don't play any uk festivals the year they bring new albums out? 

Could we see Linkin Park or Avenged Sevenfold headlining R&L as there seems to be slim pickings for them next year for what is on offer and announced so far, obviously a lot can change with different bands announcing tours! 

It's not going to happen, LP aren't coming back to the UK for a 2nd time and not for R&L. I do however think that two of your Download headliners next year are LP and Metallica as they'll probably be about to do the RAR rounds.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

And you realise that's Chester Bennington sounds a shell of the man he used to be and relies on a backing track? 

Didn't I acknowledge this the other day though?. I'm not sure what you are getting at lol?, I openly admitted that Chester is much weaker now than he was.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It's not going to happen, LP aren't coming back to the UK for a 2nd time and not for R&L. I do however think that two of your Download headliners next year are LP and Metallica as they'll probably be about to do the RAR rounds.

Didn't I acknowledge this the other day though?. I'm not sure what you are getting at lol?, I openly admitted that Chester is much weaker now than he was.

If they play download then fair enough but if not then I could definitely see R&L booking Linkin Park. Or even Avenged Sevenfold if they don't play download, I just can't see them both skipping UK fests, especially the latter. 

1 minute ago, coreyt409 said:

What was that whole 'Green Day' thing then?

So much going on! my head hurts..

Apparently Download France briefly posted a banner with Green Day added to the 4 bands we had announced today before it being changed to just the 4 announced today.

So it seems like an accidental leak.

Linkin Park's worth gets less and less with each album they release and they seem like a shite booking whenever Download gets them these days so i doubt Reading/Leeds would ever bother, even just for some nostalgia factor or whatever. as for Avenged, i don't think they're quite there yet in being a broad enough act to headline Reading/Leeds. christ knows where that leaves them for festivals next year though (unless they do end up being at Download)