Hart Attack

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

System Of A Down / Slayer / Five Finger Death Punch / Architects

Brand New / AFI 

Biffy Clyro / Prophets of Rage / Jimmy Eat World / Of Mice & Men

Rob Zombie / Ghost 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / ZZ Top / Airbourne 

Stone Sour / Papa Roach 

Prophets of Rage aren't subbing, Slayer has larger text.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

I'd take them over the same old headline bands anyday.

That's what it boils down to.

Biffy are definitely suitable and have earned their place as headliners and are most importantly a new headliner. At the same time, I can't blame people for not being thrilled about it because they're that far past their 2009/10 heyday that there isn't really any residual of that left and most people interested have got to see them since, and as a headline option they're essentially in last chance saloon. The problem is that people expected GNR and Metallica, but if they knew the reality that they were looking down the barrel of a Linkin Park Meteora set I think they'd be a bit more pleased. :lol: It's your standard 'can hardly complain but will go watch something else' booking.

14 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Prophets of Rage aren't subbing, Slayer has larger text.

Yeah, I'm expecting them to headline 2nd against Aerosmith now. I'm also in agreement that Slayer will be subbing Main Stage. They haven't played Download in 10 years and you can guarantee that they will pull an absolutely gigantic crowd, just because it is Slayer and it is Download. They will go down well with everybody at the festival. Slayer subbing System on the Friday I think.

As for the other bands, I think:

Rob Zombie - Headline 2nd against Biffy

Five Finger Death Punch- Third down Main

AFI- Subbing 2nd on the Friday

Of Mice & Men- Main Stage

Sleeping With Sirens- 2nd Stage

Motionless In White- Main Stage

Simple Plan- Third Stage

Every Time I Die- Third Stage headliner

The Story So Far- Third Stage

Fozzy- Main Stage

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I'm expecting them to headline 2nd against Aerosmith now. I'm also in agreement that Slayer will be subbing Main Stage. They haven't played Download in 10 years and you can guarantee that they will pull an absolutely gigantic crowd, just because it is Slayer and it is Download. They will go down well with everybody at the festival. Slayer subbing System on the Friday I think.

when people were saying they'll sub i was thinking 'that's ridiculous, they play all the time in lower positions'. had no idea they'd been away for so long. had a bit of a critical and commercial resurgence with their last album so even though they wouldn't be the biggest sub, sub seems about right

SoaD / Slayer / Limp Bizkit / Of Mice and Men

Rise Against / AFI

Biffy / A Day To Remember / Five Finger Death Punch

Rob Zombie / Motionless In White

Aerosmith / Steel Panther / Parkway Drive / 

Prophets of Rage / Sleeping With Sirens

Simple Plan, ETID, TSSF and Fozzy all on 3rd/4th Stage

Italics is my guesses for the gaps.

7 minutes ago, theramm said:

Think PoR will be on main under SOAD, either subbing or 3rd down.

Can see FFDP headlining 2nd opposite Aerosmith as they played main last time & it was only 2 years ago.

yeah Prophets of Rage seem like a main stage sub to me rather than headlining second, although perhaps below Biffy, with Slayer being below SOAD. and agree about FFDP being a second stage headliner

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I missed Basement, dude, as I had to find somewhere to park :P 

Please don't miss Moose Blood at ADTR for the same reason :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

SoaD / Slayer / Limp Bizkit / Of Mice and Men

Rise Against / AFI

Biffy / A Day To Remember / Five Finger Death Punch

Rob Zombie / Motionless In White

Aerosmith / Steel Panther / Parkway Drive / 

Prophets of Rage / Sleeping With Sirens

Simple Plan, ETID, TSSF and Fozzy all on 3rd/4th Stage

Italics is my guesses for the gaps.

I reckon that ADTR will be at R&L next year and not DL

I know I'm a bit late to the party but was very happy with the announcement. Two of my top three bands headlining and ten bands in total i'd be very happy to see. As for filling out some of the rest of the lineup how about:

Friday

System of a Down / Prophets of Rage / Stone Sour / AFI / While She Sleeps / Motionless in White / Hatebreed

Steel Panther / Opeth / Devin Townsend Project

Flogging Molly / The Story So Far

Saturday

Biffy Clyro / Slayer / Five Finger Death Punch / Pierce the Veil / Mastodon / The Dillinger Escape Plan / Every Time I Die / Letlive

Rob Zombie / Sleeping With Sirens / Architects

Simple Plan / Against Me! 

Sunday

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Limp Bizkit / Of Mice & Men / The Pretty Reckless / Airbourne / Fozzy / Devildriver

Rancid / Parkway Drive / Asking Alexandria

In Flames / Ghost

Thoughts? 

Right mix of bands but much too strong, I'd say. Like Airbourne, Mastodon, Parkway Drive and probably Opeth are the type of bands that are moving up line ups so those would be a bit lowballed there.

FWIW, that thing about AFI doing Friday might not actually be a thing. I assumed as much when I spotted the tour date and thought the day splits would come out but now most bands are 'scheduled' for Friday on Bandsintown just because it's the first day.

I think that - considering the Slayer sub shout bc of the bigger text does seem reasonable - Alter Bridge are nailed on to sub a night and the other sub will probably be Limp Bizkit unless there are other bands with upcoming tour dates that are better positioned?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Right mix of bands but much too strong, I'd say. Like Airbourne, Mastodon, Parkway Drive and probably Opeth are the type of bands that are moving up line ups so those would be a bit lowballed there.

FWIW, that thing about AFI doing Friday might not actually be a thing. I assumed as much when I spotted the tour date and thought the day splits would come out but now most bands are 'scheduled' for Friday on Bandsintown just because it's the first day.

I think that - considering the Slayer sub shout bc of the bigger text does seem reasonable - Alter Bridge are nailed on to sub a night and the other sub will probably be Limp Bizkit unless there are other bands with upcoming tour dates that are better positioned?

That's fair. Didnt realise Mastodon had done so well with the last album. Wasnt much of a fan of it so guess I ignored. How about this for the top of the card then:

System of a Down / Prophets of Rage / Mastodon / Parkway Drive / Motionless in White

Steel Panther / The Pretty Reckless

Biffy Clyro / Slayer / Five Finger Death Punch / Pierce the Veil / While She Sleeps

Rob Zombie / Sleeping With Sirens

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Stone Sour / Of Mice & Men / Airbourne

Rancid / AFI

Think POR will sub as well as Slayer and Alter Bridge. They fit with Soad well. Look like they are doing the same sort of fests as SOAD and all fests seem to be putting them high on posters. Plus it's a supergroup. Bizkit I put third. Does seem a little low but they have done it before. Was torn between them and Stone Sour. edit: gonna go with stone sour. Fit the spot better and Corey has said new album out mid next year so perfect for download time. 

Edited by SOAD

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think there's the possibility that they've book someone more similar fanbase or music to Biffy to sub underneath them. Maybe Royal Blood, ADTR, Smashing Pumpkins etc. But knowing Copping he will probably put Slayer on before them.