Download 2017

Hart Attack

I know that here was always that sort of unwritten rule of DL & R&L not sharing Main Stage bands, but then Crossfaith broke that in 2014. ADTR being at Download looks way more likely now, but they could play both? If they didn't play Main they could headline the NME at R&L. The only thing that makes me not think that they could do both is coming over to the UK three times between Jan-Aug, 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I know that here was always that sort of unwritten rule of DL & R&L not sharing Main Stage bands, but then Crossfaith broke that in 2014. ADTR being at Download looks way more likely now, but they could play both? If they didn't play Main they could headline the NME at R&L. The only thing that makes me not think that they could do both is coming over to the UK three times between Jan-Aug, 

Crossfaith are much smaller, ADTR will not be doing main stage at both Download and Reading, or in fact returning later on to play a different stage. Either or. 2nd/3rd down Friday/Saturday if Download.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Slipknot recording early next year so 2018 Download it is 

Must be in with a chance of doing R/L instead next time round? Guess it all depends on whether Download can nail down an alternative or if they'll depend on Slipknot to headline once again, but after cancelling in 2008 and not having played since they should definitely be considered for R/L instead, just the once

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Crossfaith are much smaller, ADTR will not be doing main stage at both Download and Reading, or in fact returning later on to play a different stage. Either or. 2nd/3rd down Friday/Saturday if Download.

If they play Download they sub. They played third last time and have another storming album behind them now. 

ADTR will not be playing both DL and R&L. As they've been announced for Nova Rock they are set up to play Download (however they might end up playing no UK festivals as they only did Download in 2015).

If they are booked they will no doubt be booked as sub-headliners (due to what @Andre91 said), almost certainly underneath Biffy.

Edited by Gozpot

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Must be in with a chance of doing R/L instead next time round? Guess it all depends on whether Download can nail down an alternative or if they'll depend on Slipknot to headline once again, but after cancelling in 2008 and not having played since they should definitely be considered for R/L instead, just the once

I would be surprised, they did Download again last time didn't they.

I'm not so sure they would get offered headline at Reading, I think they would have taken a slot there since if they had.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

No they are not. Two members are getting together to write music, Corey Taylor today stated that he won't be recording with Slipknot for atleast two years as he is focusing on Stone Sour.

So they are still writing new material, which is what I said. Yeah I know all about the Corey stuff.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

If they play Download they sub. They played third last time and have another storming album behind them now. 

Under SOAD would be great, but I don't expect it.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So they are still writing new material, which is what I said. Yeah I know all about the Corey stuff.

Under SOAD would be great, but I don't expect it.

No. You said the following.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Slipknot recording early next year so 2018 Download it is 

You clearly didn't know about what Corey said.

Secondly ADTR will be subbing if they play and it'd likely be under Biffy, with Slayer subbing underneath SoaD.

Edited by Gozpot

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Recording/writing, who gives a flying shit.

I'm well aware hence I said I don't expect it.

There is a very clear and significant difference between writing and recording.

So you don't expect Download to even think about booking them, considering the fact they are in Europe around the time? 

Theyre a perfect fit for Download.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

There is a very clear and significant difference between writing and recording.

So you don't expect Download to even think about booking them, considering the fact they are in Europe around the time? 

Theyre a perfect fit for Download.

I didn't say that, bloody hell!

I said I don't expect them to be below SOAD. I already said in my 1st post it'll be one fest or the other. 

I think that PoR will be subs and Slayer will play third down under both them and SOAD. People are reading too much into the size of the Slayer text on the poster. 

And if Slipknot get booked for R&L, they headline. No doubt about it. They're far, far too big to do anything else. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

SoaD / Slayer / PoR

They would not make a band who is lower down the line up have larger text than those above, it is very clearly deliberate.

You are correct, whether you are with POR 3rd down I don't know. POR aren't that massive a deal, if it didn't have the guy from RATM in it's literally a novelty again lower down.

Friday:

Main: System Of A Down / Slayer / Prophets Of Rage / Of Mice and Men / Airbourne / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Four Year Strong / Creeper

Second: Rancid / AFI / Sleeping With Sirens

Third: Simple Plan (Wasn't sure where they would fit, but Yellowcard headlined Third Stage in 2015 and i see Simple Plan and Yellowcard on a similar level, so decided this would do) / The Story So Far (Not below Simple Plan, just on the stage.)

Saturday:

Main: Biffy Clyro / A Day To Remember / The Offspring / Slaves / In Flames / Hatebreed / Gojira / Black Peaks

Second: Rob Zombie / Opeth / Ghost

Third: Deafheaven

Sunday:

Main: Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Stone Sour / Mastodon / Pierce The Veil / Suicide Silence / DevilDriver / Fozzy

Second: Five Finger Death Punch / Architects / Motionless In White

Third: The Dillinger Escape Plan

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main: System Of A Down / Slayer / Prophets Of Rage / Of Mice and Men / Airbourne / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Four Year Strong / Creeper

Third: Simple Plan (Wasn't sure where they would fit, but Yellowcard headlined Third Stage in 2015 and i see Simple Plan and Yellowcard on a similar level, so decided this would do) / The Story So Far (Not below Simple Plan, just on the stage.)

Saturday:

Main: Biffy Clyro / A Day To Remember / The Offspring / Slaves / In Flames / Hatebreed / Gojira / Black Peaks

Sunday:

Main: Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Stone Sour / Mastodon / Pierce The Veil / Suicide Silence / DevilDriver / Fozzy

That would be a bloody awesome weekend. The Offspring into ADTR into Biffy would be so damn good. 

I think Airbourne are slightly low, move then up just one slot (Although I think they could play third down tbh and wouldn't seem out of place). Gojira are waaaay too low, they could play mid mainstage now after Magma (which is a rager) and Hatebreed the same, too. Slaves are too high, and tbh I don't think they would get booked for Download now. And clashing Rancid with SOAD is criminal, you madman :P 

I'd be dead pleased with that, though. 

Edited by Andre91

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That would be a bloody awesome weekend. The Offspring into ADTR into Biffy would be so damn good. 

I think Airbourne are slightly low, move then up just one slot (Although I think they could play third down tbh and wouldn't seem out of place). Gojira are waaaay too low, they could play mid mainstage now after Magma (which is a rager) and Hatebreed the same, too. Slaves are too high, and tbh I don't think they would get booked for Download now. And clashing Rancid with SOAD is criminal, you madman :P 

I'd be dead pleased with that, though. 

Personally thought Magma was pretty underwhelming compared to Gojiras previous albums. Did put them a bit low but mainly because I couldn't think of anyone to go in that slot.

Tried to make this as realistic as possible by using Download Spain, Novarock, Rock am Ring and a couple other festivals for the bulk of the acts I put in.

6 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Defo be bands high up than they are, won't be anywhere close to this strong. I'm not a massive fan of it but recognise the bookings based on the festival. 

On 11/25/2016 at 7:56 AM, Gozpot said:

SoaD / Slayer / PoR

They would not make a band who is lower down the line up have larger text than those above, it is very clearly deliberate.

I think the only reason Slayer is in bigger font is because there is less text to Slayer, so if they made Slayer the same size it would have looked weird. Prophets of Rage will sub I imagine, especially as they will headline Download Spain one the days. I expect Prophets of Rage and Slayer to be the same position on the lineup, or maybe POR actually in a higher position.

Slayer were a late addition to the announcement so it could be they were rushed onto the poster shortly before and just though plenty of people wouldn't read too much into their name being slightly bigger. That's not metal podcast got the line up the day before so they could record for release on announcement day and Slayer weren't on it.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe