Fake Poster Thread

Matt42

I'd settle for this, to be fair to whoever compiled this it's difficult to say it is nonsense, there's nothing I can see that's unlikely and no clashes with already announced tours? 

With PJ Harvey, Tame Impala, ELO, The Coral, Hans Zimmer, Jason Isbell I doubt the real line up will appeal more to me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Hans Zimmer is on a massive nationwide tour - totally plausible he could pyramid it in the afternoon.

and the darkness? Not impossible. Ridiculous, but not impossible.

With regards to Zimmer, Darkness, All Saints, Baby Metal and particularly Tenacious D I'm curious as to where you'd think they'd play. Majority of it seems very strong and very plausible. Just interested about where you had the few more leftfield suggestions down as being on the line up? 

21 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

With regards to Zimmer, Darkness, All Saints, Baby Metal and particularly Tenacious D I'm curious as to where you'd think they'd play. Majority of it seems very strong and very plausible. Just interested about where you had the few more leftfield suggestions down as being on the line up? 

I didn't give this a massive amount of thought, but...

Zimmer - (massive Euro tour ending early June) pyramid afternoon, or West Holts headliner (his tour says band, orchestra and choir, so unsure the size of stage needed)

Darkness - (touring in the next couple of months - festivals in summer a possibility) low on the Pyramid, maybe late afternoon on other, or even night-time in John Peel.

All Saints (currently in the studio, expect an album soon-ish) - Low on the Pyramid, or maybe headline John Peel

Baby Metal (London in April, inexplicably at Wembley Arena) - definitely opening the Pyramid, maybe first act on Friday

Tenacious D (Doing Rock am Park and Rock am Ring in early June - very mysterious gap in their schedule on their web page on Monday 27th June!!!) - definitely Pyramid, hopefully on a sunny afternoon.

31 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I didn't give this a massive amount of thought, but...

Tenacious D (Doing Rock am Park and Rock am Ring in early June - very mysterious gap in their schedule on their web page on Monday 27th June!!!) - definitely Pyramid, hopefully on a sunny afternoon.

On a Monday?

• 1 month later...

I've seen a few tweets tonight with people now thinking it's genuine.

Quality work from @maelzoid 

I even tweeted it from The Thingy account, mentioned it was fake, linked it to the original post and got a response off someone saying they think that MAYBE it's not real.

Edited by Gnomicide

The middle column of that poster especially is starting to look increasingly plausible, especially when you have the likes of ELO being predicted. And the likes of M83 and the Coral on there, I am sure this was before those bands started announcing any festival dates for this year. Fair play to whoever put in some much effort in researching the bands and designing the poster

Not sure where New Order fit into the poster though

The omission of new order is what really makes me think it's fake. Anyone who reads this site also knew there was a high possibility of those announced acts playing when this poster appeared. The rest is guesswork and many will play as they will be doing the rounds. 

18 minutes ago, Swieve said:

The omission of new order is what really makes me think it's fake. Anyone who reads this site also knew there was a high possibility of those announced acts playing when this poster appeared. The rest is guesswork and many will play as they will be doing the rounds. 

it is fake it was done by a FM on here