Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

lookiong forward to hearing the reaction to m83 

really enjoyed the output thus far 

new one seems to be getting very mixed reviews, so i'm going in to it with pretty low expectations. hopefully it isn't quite as bas as a couple of reviews are making it sound

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

big heap of albums made 'available' today

M83
Frightened Rabbit
King Gizzard
Whitney (ex Smith Westerns)
and most importantly, All Saints

I've just put Eliza and The Bear on which came out today as well. A bit middle of the road, but Friends is a bloody brilliant pop song. 

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

new one seems to be getting very mixed reviews, so i'm going in to it with pretty low expectations. hopefully it isn't quite as bas as a couple of reviews are making it sound

The track Time Wind with Beck is brilliant, now that would be one not to be missed at Glastonbury 

M83 album is okay. Better than I expected anyway, although not a patch on their previous stuff. It's like he saw the positive reception the saxophone solo at the end of Midnight City got and thought 'I'll stick a silly solo at the end of every song'. That Go! song is an absolute stormer though. Love it more with every listen

49 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also new Frightened Rabbit is also okay without being particularly remarkable. Verging ever closer to being a Scottish Coldplay on a lot of songs though

The National influences keep cropping up on it. I definitely think it's a stronger album than Pedestrian Verse on first listen though. 

33 minutes ago, big__phil said:

New Parquet Courts album out today. Can't wait for it drop to through my letterbox - from what I've heard so far it's pretty good, if not as urgent as previous records.

Good chance of playing Glastonbury as well.

Yeah definitely not as full throttle as the previous albums but still very very good. Definitely hope they show up at the festival again 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Just getting round to listening to Junk just now but even though I liked the three singles I don't have high hopes. Anyone else seen the setlist from the first night of their tour? Very Junk/Hurry Up, We're Dreaming heavy.

Fuck, nothing from Before the Dawn Heals Us or Dead Cities?! I get that the new album is a massive departure from those albums but that's rather shitty. No Kim & Jessie/Graveyard Girl either. Maybe they'll change em up slightly for festivals, but I guess Hurry Up was their breakthrough and they're touring a new album so makes sense to be heavy on both of those. Slightly less excited for them now

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck, nothing from Before the Dawn Heals Us or Dead Cities?! I get that the new album is a massive departure from those albums but that's rather shitty. No Kim & Jessie/Graveyard Girl either. Maybe they'll change em up slightly for festivals, but I guess Hurry Up was their breakthrough and they're touring a new album so makes sense to be heavy on both of those. Slightly less excited for them now

Yeah, as you say given Hurry Up, We're Dreaming was their big album I was expecting the set to be heavy on that and Junk but I thought we'd get at least one song from most albums. Shame really as they're missing out so many great songs.

Been listening to 3 albums this week;

Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness
Three Trapped Tigers - Silent Everything
Babymetal - Metal Resistence

Lost interest in babymetal after a couple of listens.. TTT took a few more before I got annoyed by some of the synth lines. EITS was the only one that lasted till yesterday but not sure it'll get many replays over the next few weeks.  

Next week; 

Michael Kimanuka - Love and Hate
Mogwai - Atomic
Tim Hecker - Love Streams

Spotify is dangerous..