Underworld

Deano77

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

So where are we thinking Underworld would play, with them being in Slovakia on the Saturday? Friday JP headliners? Unmissable for me.

Would they be up against LCD?

more likely vs Coldplay and BMTH or Sunday?

Edited by sisco
Added more

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Would they be up against LCD?

more likely vs Coldplay and BMTH or Sunday?

Not sure to be honest. I don't think Underworld v LCD would be seen as much of a clash really. I'd like to see both, but I don't think they would see a problem with them being against each other. It's just whether the Slovakia date makes the Friday more likely than Sunday.

9 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Nailed on i'd say:

Underworld rumours from a French site;

https://www.glastotrip.org/2016/03/underworld/

"When asked what day they’re playing Glastonbury this year, he laughs. “Let’s just say we’re playing lots of festivals that haven’t been announced yet. We’re leaving home and not coming back for a while.”"

that's from the Guardian interview Underworld did a day or three back.

23 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

They were pretty good when I saw them last year. Think you enjoyed them recently, Neil?

yeah, my missus said my dad-dancing was better than Karl's dad-dancing. :D

I can never quite make my mind up about Underworld live, as they can be a bit underwhelming.

Nothing beats this tho ... which my (ex)bruv-in-law did for Underworld.
(warning ... includes snippets of footage from Glasto, tho not very much of it)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, my missus said my dad-dancing was better than Karl's dad-dancing. :D

I can never quite make my mind up about Underworld live, as they can be a bit underwhelming.

Nothing beats this tho ... which my (ex)bruv-in-law did for Underworld.
(warning ... includes snippets of footage from Glasto, tho not very much of it)

Everything Everything is unsurpassed as catching a certain festival night air spirit..we saw them that Glastonbury, and the DVD came out around the time my first was born, so we had lots of special moments at home with it!

saw them a couple of years ago at the Roundhouse and it was rather boring, but Brighton last year was brilliant! I think they have found their form again after the lull of losing Emerson..they will be a must see for me!

i also thought Leftfield at Sonic was better than expected, although not an ideal set up. The atmosphere was great :)

i think they'd be placed on the John Peel. Sonic could work but i still feel a bit small for an act with a big history at glastonbury. Maybe I am over egging their popularity. Sonic would allow them to play at around 11pm - 12:30am as if i recall sonic goes on around 30 mins after the main stages curfew.

TBF if they did play sonic and they clashed with every other headliner on that night it would be reasonable to put them in there as there would be a lot of options pulling crowds away elsewhere.

The real nightmare stuff at glasto is when they put something on and there's nothing else meaningful to pull people away like the thursday williams green, & Frankie Knuckles tribute NYC downlow on the thursday. and why the friday other opener(s) always get a big crowd

Edited by Memory Man

Anywhere but Sonic, and I think The Glade, however amazing that would be far too rammed. West Holts would be nice, as would The Park (in the same position as Jamie XX last year?) but I guess the most likely slot would be in the John Peel tent, where the atmosphere would be fantastic*

* If they play

I'm seeing them next week at the Roundhouse which will be fun

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

would the glade be too small if they are on at the same time as headliners though? what is the capacity of that stage? I couldnt begin to guess.

Not that I think there is any chance whatsoever of them playing there.

How busy was leftfield?

Leftfield was pretty busy. Still room to move though. A good crowd size. Busy, but not uncomfortable