Underworld

Deano77

I'm pleased they are Friday..one daughter begging to see Adele, so at least I don't have to make her miss her for Underworld! Roundhouse was amazing, though I found a couple of the slower tracks too chilled..hopefully it will be all systems go for Glastonbury..Rowla blew my mind, and my ears..deaf for 2 days ...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Hmm yeah they've been doing the Underworld tour haven't they 

Midnight Glade slot? 

They played for 18 hours (along with others) in the first experimental sound field in 1992. i'm guessing that they don't have the same staying power nowadays. 

Fantastic booking; I've been hoping to see them back the last few years so this is a dream for me.  Glade would be good but WH would be better.  Underworld were the act that caused me to buy my 1st Glastonbury ticket and the performance they provided that year (99) was almost worth the ticket price alone.

Always wanted to see Underworld.

My headliners this year seem to be clashing all over the shop so I am hoping either they don't play last or they play in the wee smalls somewhere. My gf will be right up for seeing these so will be rare we go see a band together!

1 minute ago, Couchy said:

They were brilliant at Bestival. Surely too big for the Glade I reckon. More Jazz World sized if its a live set or what's it called now

yeah, West Holts or John Peel. glad i managed to catch them twice last year so i don't have to worry too much about this clash as there seems like there'll be a fair few on the Friday alone...

I do think people slightly over-estimate their popularity. The crowd in the tent at Bestival thinned out a lot during their set and whilst they sold out two nights at Roundhouse it was only Roundhouse. I reckon they could probably do Glade, but I guess it probably be headline time just to be on the safe time. 

I really want a late night slot as they're the absolutely perfect 1/2am band. It's a shame they don't have late night big top like Besti as that really was incredible 

31 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I do think people slightly over-estimate their popularity. The crowd in the tent at Bestival thinned out a lot during their set and whilst they sold out two nights at Roundhouse it was only Roundhouse. I reckon they could probably do Glade, but I guess it probably be headline time just to be on the safe time. 

I really want a late night slot as they're the absolutely perfect 1/2am band. It's a shame they don't have late night big top like Besti as that really was incredible 

i think a Glastonbury crowd will appreciate them far more than a Bestival one - very different demographics there - but you may be right. Glade doesn't seem right for them though i don't think... if they're gonna be on a smaller stage i'd say Sonic seems more likely, although i'm sticking with JP for now. they're surely on the same level as some of the acts who've headlined there

33 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

The post-headliner slot in The Glade would be ideal.