James?

EIaine

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My suspicion is that most of the love comes from Mancunian clothing retailers who over-invested in James t-shirts back in the early nineties and see the occasional revivals in interest as a way of shifting surplus stock.

*Horrific flashback to hordes of newly-arrived indie kids wearing those James 'flower' T-shirts in 1990*.

Bigger bandwagon jumpers than kids today weearing Ramones/Nirvana t-shirts or whatever.

(btw, good to have you back, Calgon, fighting the good fight)

Edited by Mardy

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be fair, who doesn't love a good sit down now and again? And what better way of expressing your love of a comfy seat.

'Those who find they're touched by madness
Sit down next to me'

I appear to have that in invisible (to me) writing on my T-shirt every time I get the No.75 bus to work.

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Sit down next to me'

I appear to have that in invisible (to me) writing on my T-shirt every time I get the No.75 bus to work.

here's the difference between England's north and the south...

In the north, if someone talks to you at a bus stop it's normal. In the south, if someone talks to you at a bus stop they're the local nutter.

:D

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

here's the difference between England's north and the south...

In the north, if someone talks to you at a bus stop it's normal. In the south, if someone talks to you at a bus stop they're the local nutter.

:D

Reminds me of a friend from the south who'd lived up in Glasgow for a decade talking about how whenever he's back down south visiting family he finds himself talking to strangers in the pub, often resulting in people looking at him like he's a local nutter. He'd became so used to it happening up here he'd forgotten that it's not normal practice everywhere else. 

23 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Sit down next to me'

Ah, sitting. 

The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?

Hey Ma was also superb. They have consistently innovated whilst still producing anthemic, danceable indie-pop. The thing I find most confusing on these boards is when anyone doesn't have at least some love for some James. That and the Taylor Swift nonsense.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is that true in the SW too?

Having lived in Manchester, Nottingham, Bournemouth and now Glasgow I think the willingness to talk to strangers increases exponentially as you go North

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My suspicion is that most of the love comes from Mancunian clothing retailers who over-invested in James t-shirts back in the early nineties and see the occasional revivals in interest as a way of shifting surplus stock.

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

*Horrific flashback to hordes of newly-arrived indie kids wearing those James 'flower' T-shirts in 1990*.

Bigger bandwagon jumpers than kids today weearing Ramones/Nirvana t-shirts or whatever.

(btw, good to have you back, Calgon, fighting the good fight)

I have a few more somewhere :-)

20160302_112603_resized.jpg

48 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

Having seen both on many occasions (New Order were my first ever festival headliner back in '93) I know where I would be if they put them against each other and it wouldn't be with Barney and the other two.

Regardless of what ever side of the fence you sit, putting James on at the same time as New Order would be an absolutely ridiculous clash.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And the award for least-surprising post on efestivals goes to.....................

Hahahaha if only you seen the bag of gig t shirts I have in the loft.

I am not a surprising character in the slightest mate :-)

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Luckily the Oasis nude calendar is hidden under his bed! 

(sorry easty, you're getting some shit here). 

The Oasis ones are in the loft mate. Not sure I have any calendars though :-)

If you give shit out then you need to be able to take it. I give more than enough out so expect to cop a bit from time to time.