James?

EIaine

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The albums pretty good. Couple of stinkers on it but generally it is better than Le Petite Mort.

hehehe, hardly a review that makes me want to rush out and buy it.

Just now, Mardy said:

hehehe, hardly a review that makes me want to rush out and buy it.

I am tired mate and coming to the end of my shift. I enjoyed it when they played it live the other week and from the 1st listen last night, I quite enjoyed it. 

The lead single is a bit crap and there is one that Tim sings in French which I found a bit underwhelming.

Fair play to them, they are always trying something new. There are a few on there that have good festival singalong potential.

Give it a listen mate.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Fair play to them, they are always trying something new.

This I agree with. Too much retrospective money grabbing 20th anniversary whatever album shite going on (The fucking Wedding Present et al are shameless money grabbing c**ts fleecing dull conservative middle aged men who pretend they like music but just want to listen to what they enjoyed when they were 18). If nothing else I respect James for trying new things and not resting on their laurels 

16 minutes ago, Mardy said:

This I agree with. Too much retrospective money grabbing 20th anniversary whatever album shite going on (The fucking Wedding Present et al are shameless money grabbing c**ts fleecing dull conservative middle aged men who pretend they like music but just want to listen to what they enjoyed when they were 18). If nothing else I respect James for trying new things and not resting on their laurels 

Well you have sussed me completely there mate :-)

James albums what I own:

Stutter, on vinyl somewhere. Probably not played it for 20+ years

Laid, Best of, on CD in the spare room with all the other Cds

I had Gold Mother on cassette. Dunno where it is now though

I've given up hoping James will appear. They would be great Friday tea time on the Other Stage. I'm not enjoying their new album though - may be it's a grower but so far, they seem to have forgotten to write tunes. 

Still - I'd be right down the front if they do play.