Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Last night was brilliant. Would go as far as to say I enjoyed it even more than the 3 small dates I went to. Well maybe touch and go with Amsterdam 2, but it was a pretty special night. Just scared with set lists like last night they are thinking of winding things up! 

In fairness, they've played setlists like that at big festivals plenty of times before. 2012 is looking more like an anomaly in terms of the more obscure sets. I think we're all just so surprised because we assumed they would follow on from TKOL shows. 

8 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2006/hylands-park-chelmsford-england-73d6f235.html

That's the most hit friendly Radiohead set I was in the crowd for, I barely remember it other than it was excellent and they ended with Creep.

Still with the fucking Gloaming.

I wonder how the crowd was for the first 5 songs? Not very friendly for casual fans.

Though I suppose they made up for it by playing all their 'hits'. Only thing missing was fake plastic trees really.

Bet it was great to be there, but I'm not too devastated to have missed seeing a lot of those songs.

45 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I wonder how the crowd was for the first 5 songs? Not very friendly for casual fans.

Though I suppose they made up for it by playing all their 'hits'. Only thing missing was fake plastic trees really.

Bet it was great to be there, but I'm not too devastated to have missed seeing a lot of those songs.

They actually could change up the setlist quite a bit and have an equally "hit" based setlist (though the word hit is bit of a grey area with the later stuff)...

Just

My Iron Lung

FPT

Exit Music

Lucky

HTDC

Reckoner

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Well, everyone knows Burn The Witch by now and Daydreaming is fantastic live, so you get a good start. It worked pretty well at Primavera. 

36 minutes ago, ThomZorke said:

You could've heard a pin drop during Daydreaming. Always thought it was impressive how quite everone's been at the solo dates, but never thought it would work with so many people... but it worked. It was really haunting...

That's great it went down like that at a festival. I was wondering if it would have the same impact as it did in the smaller venues 

Ah - just noticed they soundchecked Where I End and You Begin the other night. The last song remaining on my wishlist.

So glad they have gone back to In Rainbows tour levels of variety in the setlists.

Was in Berlin this week, and saw a poster for the festival in September. So tempted to go back.

2 hours ago, ThomZorke said:

You could've heard a pin drop during Daydreaming. Always thought it was impressive how quite everone's been at the solo dates, but never thought it would work with so many people... but it worked. It was really haunting...

That's great to hear. I do wonder if a Glastonbury crowd would be like that, my guess is no!

Unless you were able to camp out or push through the crowd to get to the front in Barcelona you weren't missing much. Watching the stream on your phone was a better experience, even from within the crowd.

They still haven't worked out how to sort the stages that end of the site, which is a shame as the other 2 large stages have great sounds and views wherever you are in the crowd.

Glad I got roundhouse tickets in the end, caught a great shellac set at primavera instead.