Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone listened to the Jonny Greenwood interview that's doing the rounds? Listening to it now at work. I thought it was interesting to hear him say that they didn't think their current shows would work in a big arena setting. 

Edited by jparx

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Anyone listened to the Jonny Greenwood interview that's doing the rounds? Listening to it now at work. I thought it was interesting to hear him say that they didn't think their current shows would work in a big arena setting. 

I assume this is the one you're talking aboot

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

In all the Glastonbury excitement I'd completely forgotten that I'll get my vinyl copy of AMSP on Friday! 

Can't wait for that. Did you get the white one?

On a slightly different note - has anyone ordered one of the new shirts from Waste? And if so has it arrived yet? Mine said expecting to ship the w/c  6th of June but I've not heard anything since I placed the order.

I wasn't gonna bother posting it but I thought I may as well. A friend (not a very close friend, more of a friend of a friend) is playing Glastonbury with his band and has said they're playing Shangri la at 4am. Of course it could've easily indirectly come from here, but he also said something about it being kept extremely quiet. 

While we're on the topic, where did this rumour actually come from? I know Emily said there'd be some bands popping up late in the night, but yeah this rumour came about a long time ago and is quite specific. 

Im quite sceptical and I'd be surprised if it happened but I don't think it's impossible, especially in terms of crowd management, which is what some dismissed it for. I'm sure security could just stop people entering the area a bit before they're due on stage. As for slots on the lineup being filled already, perhaps they're bluffing us? It would meant to be a 'secret' set after all :P

1 hour ago, jparx said:

On a slightly different note - has anyone ordered one of the new shirts from Waste? And if so has it arrived yet? Mine said expecting to ship the w/c  6th of June but I've not heard anything since I placed the order.

Me as well and it's still not been despatched 

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Me as well and it's still not been despatched 

Ah ok. I'm glad others are in the same boat. I was worried mine had slipped through the cracks.

Neil threw out the suggestion they could play the Hell Stage at 4am but I don't think it was based on anything in particular.

1 hour ago, danielharris627 said:

I wasn't gonna bother posting it but I thought I may as well. A friend (not a very close friend, more of a friend of a friend) is playing Glastonbury with his band and has said they're playing Shangri la at 4am.

Which day?

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Yeah white one, not had an email from the store yet, hopefully get something tomorrow/Thursday to say it's arrived

1 hour ago, alibear said:

Which day?

I will try and find out, doesn't sound like he knows though (because it's possibly bullshit). I can't especially imagine it happening but I'll probably make sure I'm around that area at that time just incase, I'd never forgive myself if I missed it :lol:

Forgot to add, his band are playing around that area too, in the rocket lounge I believe, that's part of the reason that he knows. 

Edited by danielharris627

47 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

I will try and find out, doesn't sound like he knows though (because it's possibly bullshit). I can't especially imagine it happening but I'll probably make sure I'm around that area at that time just incase, I'd never forgive myself if I missed it :lol:

Forgot to add, his band are playing around that area too, in the rocket lounge I believe, that's part of the reason that he knows. 

What's your mate's band called? Just so we can send round the Coldplay hooligans if he's talking rubbish. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's so extremely quiet that a random nobody playing a tiny stage has been told about it....

just this guy though, not the several hundred other musicians playing in Shangri-La...

Right and how many of us that post on here (excluding Neil) know anyone else playing in a band in Shangri la ? No one that i know of. I'm sure if it is true, plenty more than him must know, doesn't mean to say they post on here or know anyone in this thread. 

This is exactly why I felt reluctant to post it on here, because of condescending people like you. As I've said, I don't particularly believe it and think it may be indirectly from here, but there's no need to be rude. At least this 'nobody' is playing the festival, that's probably a lot more than you can say about yourself. 

Edited by danielharris627

3 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

Right and how many of us that post on here (excluding Neil) know anyone else playing in a band in Shangri la ? No one that i know of. I'm sure if it is true, plenty more than him must know, doesn't mean to say they post on here or know anyone in this thread. 

This is exactly why I felt reluctant to post it on here, because of condescending people like you. As I've said, I don't particularly believe it and think it may be indirectly from here, but there's no need to be rude. At least this 'nobody' is playing the festival, that's probably a lot more than you can say about yourself. 

well seeing as you asked, i know people in 2 acts playing there. and another playing Silver Hayes. 1 is currently sitting on the sofa across from me.

and i wasn't being rude, just pointing out how highly unlikely that one of thousands of performers at Glastonbury would have been told this for some seemingly unknown reason.